Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So far Surprises and Disappointment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Terrible may be a little much, but Criner had his guy beat and had to adjust and make a spectacular catch in order for that to be a TD. Had that CB be someone not named Alphonso Smith, it's most likely not a catch and at that point is declared a terrible pass. He clearly didn't set his feet on that throw though.

It was actually the same terrible pass Palmer threw to DHB on the one handed catch. DHB was speeding past that CB and if that pass hadn't been underthrown, it was a TD.

+1. Exactly, tough the coverage on DHB was tighter. I don't think it would have been a TD.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
I think its important to note that he looked good when he was playing with the second team offence and not exclusively with the undrafted guys, I realize he was playing against 3rd stringers as well but still.

Jerry Rice couldn't catch 50% of his passes. Just sayin....

I hate when people say things like this, you use it to discredit Pryor when there is nothing to support your claim.

It's just another way of saying those passes were so off target, no one could catch them. I think it supports the claim but to each their own. It's a subjective term.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I've never seen someone get me so excited one week then have me want to break my TV the next

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You've obviously seen more of Pryor than i have but i think it's clear he has something to offer and it's worth giving him a season or two to try and develop, at least he offers some positives unlike Kyle Boller for example.

I absolutely agree he offers something.... when he's not passing the ball. Dude is very quick and covers a lot of ground very quickly. I would love to see some designed packages to get him the ball or ever a wildcat thrown in there albeit I'm not a huge fan of it. He can run and he's good at that. His passing needs a lot of work and unfortunately I just haven't seen much progression in a long time.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
LOL why are people saying Pryor is surprising? He's been awful this preseason hahahah

That is kind of exactly the point.....................he has struggled and we were not expecing much, therefore to produce 4 game changing plays (in a positive manner) would be a pleasant suprise no?

I'm sceptical of Pryor as a QB in the NFL, however, i have to give him his due and applaud his play for what it was

Oh I totally expect Pryor to perform well 15% of the time. That's how he did it at OSU. Had a couple great games, then looked like he hasn't thrown a pass ever in his life. He did it for his last two years. Sanzenbacher bailed him out so many times much like Criner did (If Sanz gets his chance, someone will be really happy. Kid catches EVERYTHING!!). I fully expected Pryor to do that here. I don't expect every game to be terrible. He'll be like most QBs and have ups and downs and average games.

His number of "up" games will never exceed his "down" games which will be close to his "average" games. He's not consistent and never has been. If he suddenly does become it, good for him but I have no reason to think he will. He was far too frustrating at OSU to ever think that. I've never seen someone get me so excited one week then have me want to break my TV the next...... all the time.

You are from Ohio why do you hate Pryor so??

B/c as an OSU fan, he drove me crazy. He would be awful in games he had no business being awful in. In 2008 it's "That's OK, he's a true freshman" then as a SO when he did it again, it's "Dude, you're better than that but he's still young" then as a JR, it's "WTF IS HE DOING??!!?" LOL.

Luckily when he played the Big 10 was rather weak and OSU was pretty good all-around they could bail him out. I use that and translate it to current day where he doesnt' have that luxury and things will be dramatically different if he doesn't get better...

EDIT: If you remember how terrible Purdue was in 2009, you understand.

PM sig requests.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Terrible? Lmao. Pryor put the ball in position for Criner to make a play. Yes it was slightly underthrown but to say that pass was terrible is a joke. I know for a fact that if it was Palmer you wouldn't have made that statement.

And in what world does a "terrible pass" equate to a 50 yard completion for a TD? That's just plain dumb. If the pass was "terrible" it wouldn't have been completed!!

"Slightly"? "Pryor put the ball in position for Criner to make a play"? How high were you when that play happened?

No, it was a "terrible pass" negated by an "amazing catch". See how that works? Again, how high were you?

Lmao. Here comes JTagg! Mr. Negativity himself! Also, I was pretty high, so what?

As someone else mentioned, how was Palmer's pass to DHB any different? Would you call that a terrible throw?

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Terrible? Lmao. Pryor put the ball in position for Criner to make a play. Yes it was slightly underthrown but to say that pass was terrible is a joke. I know for a fact that if it was Palmer you wouldn't have made that statement.

And in what world does a "terrible pass" equate to a 50 yard completion for a TD? That's just plain dumb. If the pass was "terrible" it wouldn't have been completed!!

"Slightly"? "Pryor put the ball in position for Criner to make a play"? How high were you when that play happened?

No, it was a "terrible pass" negated by an "amazing catch". See how that works? Again, how high were you?

Lmao. Here comes JTagg! Mr. Negativity himself! Also, I was pretty high, so what?

As someone else mentioned, how was Palmer's pass to DHB any different? Would you call that a terrible throw?

I figured LOL.

Yes..... I'm not sure why you even brought that up.

PM sig requests.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

I figured LOL.

I guess we have a different definition of terrible then. Maybe if the pass was thrown into triple coverage, or sailed 10 yards out of bounds. THEN, I would call it a terrible throw. For me, "terrible" means the ball wasn't even remotely close to the intended target location.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

I figured LOL.

I guess we have a different definition of terrible then. Maybe if the pass was thrown into triple coverage, or sailed 10 yards out of bounds. THEN, I would call it a terrible throw. For me, "terrible" means the ball wasn't even remotely close to the intended target location.

Ya QB's throw throw it into coverage all the time and their receivers just make plays. It is just one of those things people view differently.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
bitty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
LOL why are people saying Pryor is surprising? He's been awful this preseason hahahah

That is kind of exactly the point.....................he has struggled and we were not expecing much, therefore to produce 4 game changing plays (in a positive manner) would be a pleasant suprise no?

I'm sceptical of Pryor as a QB in the NFL, however, i have to give him his due and applaud his play for what it was

Oh I totally expect Pryor to perform well 15% of the time. That's how he did it at OSU. Had a couple great games, then looked like he hasn't thrown a pass ever in his life. He did it for his last two years. Sanzenbacher bailed him out so many times much like Criner did (If Sanz gets his chance, someone will be really happy. Kid catches EVERYTHING!!). I fully expected Pryor to do that here. I don't expect every game to be terrible. He'll be like most QBs and have ups and downs and average games.

His number of "up" games will never exceed his "down" games which will be close to his "average" games. He's not consistent and never has been. If he suddenly does become it, good for him but I have no reason to think he will. He was far too frustrating at OSU to ever think that. I've never seen someone get me so excited one week then have me want to break my TV the next...... all the time.

You are from Ohio why do you hate Pryor so??

B/c as an OSU fan, he drove me crazy. He would be awful in games he had no business being awful in. In 2008 it's "That's OK, he's a true freshman" then as a SO when he did it again, it's "Dude, you're better than that but he's still young" then as a JR, it's "WTF IS HE DOING??!!?" LOL.

Luckily when he played the Big 10 was rather weak and OSU was pretty good all-around they could bail him out. I use that and translate it to current day where he doesnt' have that luxury and things will be dramatically different if he doesn't get better...

EDIT: If you remember how terrible Purdue was in 2009, you understand.

I get it I hated Huff for years. He made one great play then sucked the next.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

Well I guess that's why it's a subjective term. I saw a WR have his man beat. All that needed to be done is for you to deliver the ball to them in front. Easy pitch and catch, right?

Nothing is done 100% of the time, but Pryor missed pretty badly. Something he's been known to do.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

I get it I hated Huff for years. He made one great play then sucked the next.

Yep, you get it! I hate inconsistency like that especially at the QB position. I'm sick of it. We've had pathetic QB play since Gannon. I don't want any more of these "raw", "possibly good" etc etc QBs. I want a friggin winner PERIOD.

Not too much to ask is it? LOL

PM sig requests.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know your a controversial player when guys argue about a TD pass being a poor throw or not. Let it go, should he have led him more? Yes, but at the end of the day Criner made a play on the ball and we scored. Even the best QBs get bailed out on some throws.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

You two are obviously talking about being on the 20th floor of a skyscraper or something.

Do not talk about what the elevation you are at when watching raider games, or in anything else for that matter. I live at 5,000 feet above sea level, and it doesn't make a lick of difference when I watch games. So it shouldn't with you either.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellas, I come over here to ask ya'll a question. (I now i'm not the first Hawks fan that has come here to ask this, so bare with me), How has Aaron Curry looked this preseason, OK, Solid, Good?, and will he play in this game coming up thursday?

and I can't wait for the game on thursday, it brings back some of the old AFC west rivalry that I miss, anyway, good luck in the game and here's to no injuries on either side.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
You know your a controversial player when guys argue about a TD pass being a poor throw or not. Let it go, should he have led him more? Yes, but at the end of the day Criner made a play on the ball and we scored. Even the best QBs get bailed out on some throws.

Absolutely. BUT the amount of well thrown TD balls or even well thrown passes play into just how much you should look into it. If Rogers does that, meh, it happens. If JaMarcus Russell does it, it's just another Russell throw that we've come to expect. Get what I'm saying?

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: