Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why everyone so salty towards Jacoby Ford
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9985
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing


For real. The dude is also ultra inconsistant. Injuries aside, he has caught fewer than 3 balls in almost every game he has played in.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7743
Location: CA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing


For real. The dude is also ultra inconsistant. Injuries aside, he has caught fewer than 3 balls in almost every game he has played in.


While playing in a vertical offense with a QB who completed only 5 passes over 20 yards last season. Jason Campbell is a check down QB who's afraid to pull the trigger.

Denarius Moore went over 35 yards receiving once during the first half of the season. Was that due to inconsistency or QB play? You can't make plays when you're not given the chance. As soon as Carson Palmer became starter, Ford, Moore and DHB all saw more targets on routes developing further down the field, resulting in bigger plays, and more yardage. Not a coincidence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9985
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing


For real. The dude is also ultra inconsistant. Injuries aside, he has caught fewer than 3 balls in almost every game he has played in.


As soon as Carson Palmer became starter, Ford, Moore and DHB all saw more targets on routes developing further down the field, resulting in bigger plays, and more yardage. Not a coincidence.

For Moore and DHB, yes. Not so much for Ford.
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7743
Location: CA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing


For real. The dude is also ultra inconsistant. Injuries aside, he has caught fewer than 3 balls in almost every game he has played in.


As soon as Carson Palmer became starter, Ford, Moore and DHB all saw more targets on routes developing further down the field, resulting in bigger plays, and more yardage. Not a coincidence.

For Moore and DHB, yes. Not so much for Ford.


Is that why in his first game with Palmer he caught 5 passes for 105 yards and a TD? And in his 2nd, which he only played a quarter in, he caught a 40 yard bomb to start if off? In a game and a quarter, he put up more yards then he had in the previous 5 games combined. I know injuries were slowing him down previously, but it's obvious he was utilized a lot more with Palmer and his production didn't magically come out of nowhere.

Saying he was "inconsistent", when Denarius Moore was "inconsistent" as well, is not putting the entire situation in perspective. Jason Campbell isn't a QB who is going to be making throws down field. And both Moore and Ford's production suffered as a result. Each WR literally had only one game when Campbell was giving them a chance to make plays. The Bills game for Moore, and the Chiefs game for Ford. What other games did they see targets down field in?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing


For real. The dude is also ultra inconsistant. Injuries aside, he has caught fewer than 3 balls in almost every game he has played in.


While playing in a vertical offense with a QB who completed only 5 passes over 20 yards last season. Jason Campbell is a check down QB who's afraid to pull the trigger.

Denarius Moore went over 35 yards receiving once during the first half of the season. Was that due to inconsistency or QB play? You can't make plays when you're not given the chance. As soon as Carson Palmer became starter, Ford, Moore and DHB all saw more targets on routes developing further down the field, resulting in bigger plays, and more yardage. Not a coincidence.


You have a point, but my point wasnt that he doesnt make enough big plays, its that he isnt consistantly contributing. I would rather have a guy who can regularly get 4-6 catches, even if for 40-60 yards. Campbell could get the ball to Ford just fine, maybe not on deep plays as much, but it would be nice to see Ford getting more games with more than 1 or 2 catches. I know he has had injuries, but so far he has shown that he will either make a huge play or not do much at all. I dont hate him, thats what he brings to the table, and if our other WRs can be more consistant, then I'm cool with having a guy who wont always be reliable but will sometimes take an ordinary play and turn it into a long TD.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young raider


Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Posts: 248
Location: houston
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2114
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying

I'm commenting on how Ford played last year and so far this preseason. A very low % of the balls thrown to Ford have been caught this preseason, and last season as well.

Not sure how that makes me a part time fan? Laughing


For real. The dude is also ultra inconsistant. Injuries aside, he has caught fewer than 3 balls in almost every game he has played in.


As soon as Carson Palmer became starter, Ford, Moore and DHB all saw more targets on routes developing further down the field, resulting in bigger plays, and more yardage. Not a coincidence.

For Moore and DHB, yes. Not so much for Ford.


Is that why in his first game with Palmer he caught 5 passes for 105 yards and a TD? And in his 2nd, which he only played a quarter in, he caught a 40 yard bomb to start if off? In a game and a quarter, he put up more yards then he had in the previous 5 games combined. I know injuries were slowing him down previously, but it's obvious he was utilized a lot more with Palmer and his production didn't magically come out of nowhere.

Saying he was "inconsistent", when Denarius Moore was "inconsistent" as well, is not putting the entire situation in perspective. Jason Campbell isn't a QB who is going to be making throws down field. And both Moore and Ford's production suffered as a result. Each WR literally had only one game when Campbell was giving them a chance to make plays. The Bills game for Moore, and the Chiefs game for Ford. What other games did they see targets down field in?


hurt his foot on a fairly deep pass from palmer, in palmer's first full game as a raider

my mistake it was vs san diego i think


Last edited by oak42069 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
attack_in_s/b


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 502
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hating on Jacoby, it is what it is though... he's always injured. He's an electrifying player when he's in, no doubt. But he's always missing time for injuries, and even when he does play it seems like he's always listed as questionable, bothered by some nagging injury and used very limited because of it. Also, from what i've seen of him in the preseason it looks like his hands have gotten worse... had a few passes go right off his hands over the middle... maybe playing a little bit scared/cautious? Feel like the signing of Roscoe Parrish could be a pretty good sign considering they are virtually the exact same player.

Also, the hate on Jacoby probably has a lot to do with the fact that he's not the only guy on our team that is constantly injured. Him and Moore are already banged up and the season hasn't even begun... We are all well aware of McFadden so it doesn't really need to be said.

IMO those are the 3 most explosive players on our offense... possibly just the 3 best in general... and there were a few points last season where they were all out with injuries... just frustrating when our starting lineup is closer to our preseason lineup by weak 8.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lilcrazycat1


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 930
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a fan of ford.. on returns, i really felt before the draft we should have gotten a vet and let ford just ret kicks/punts to stay healthy(i got some hate for it), now we have streater stepping up, i say let Rod stay #3 wr and let ford be #4 and return man..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9985
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:
im a fan of ford.. on returns, i really felt before the draft we should have gotten a vet and let ford just ret kicks/punts to stay healthy(i got some hate for it), now we have streater stepping up, i say let Rod stay #3 wr and let ford be #4 and return man..

I agree. Maybe even have Ford as the #5 WR and Criner as #4. If he's out there too many plays in a game he's guaranteed to get hurt.
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5931
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young raider wrote:
Lmmfao you people are just sad. So now ford drops alot of balls and is scared to get hit? And you all get this idea from ONE PRESEASON GAME AMD now he is weak and another johhny lee higgins? Lmao and yall wonder why I called everyone part time fans. Sad really sad. I bet if Carson went 7 games straight throwing 2 tds each game and no ints then the following game he throws 4 picks yall all would be like oh trade him oh he sucks oh put in Pryor oh thats the Carson we kno. People have bad games get over it and stop crying


With all due respect I did not read all of the replies in this thread. However, questions about Ford's toughness have been lingering for quite some time. While these "rumors" may be unfounded the accumulated nicks and bruises that have caused Ford to miss games has allowed these accusations to stick. In addition, the vertical offense is fundamentally different than a WCO, which requires WRs to cross the middle among roaming traffic. The usually sure-handed Ford clearly looked uncomfortable in an offense that is built for larger slower footed WRs with toughness.

Didn't Palmer say that they intentionally targeted Ford to see how he would do in this offense? Perhaps the organization questions whether Ford is a good fit as well?

Does anyone remember the RB about 7- 10 years ago whose toughness was questioned but it turned out he simply refused to take painkilling shots before games which are routine for players with minor injuries? I want to say Travis Henry maybe?

Maybe Ford only believes he should go when he's 100%?
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
im a fan of ford.. on returns, i really felt before the draft we should have gotten a vet and let ford just ret kicks/punts to stay healthy(i got some hate for it), now we have streater stepping up, i say let Rod stay #3 wr and let ford be #4 and return man..

I agree. Maybe even have Ford as the #5 WR and Criner as #4. If he's out there too many plays in a game he's guaranteed to get hurt.


I've also suggested something similar. Have him returning punts and kicks, and only bring him in on offense to spell another WR or on some trick plays. The guy can take a reverse, hand-off, or screen pass to the house. Not saying he shouldnt be lining up as a conventional WR at times, but he shouldnt be on the field all the time to keep him healthy and fresh.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9985
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
im a fan of ford.. on returns, i really felt before the draft we should have gotten a vet and let ford just ret kicks/punts to stay healthy(i got some hate for it), now we have streater stepping up, i say let Rod stay #3 wr and let ford be #4 and return man..

I agree. Maybe even have Ford as the #5 WR and Criner as #4. If he's out there too many plays in a game he's guaranteed to get hurt.


I've also suggested something similar. Have him returning punts and kicks, and only bring him in on offense to spell another WR or on some trick plays. The guy can take a reverse, hand-off, or screen pass to the house. Not saying he shouldnt be lining up as a conventional WR at times, but he shouldnt be on the field all the time to keep him healthy and fresh.

Yessirrr. I remember you suggesting that. I think it was Darkness also debating you the time before lol.
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3839
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the people who are saying Ford is faking his injury are reading too much into it.

My issue with Ford is his lack of effort ever since his rookie season. It just seems like he doesn't try/care anymore. Ever since Palmer was traded here, he doesn't seem motivated one bit.

When healthy, he can become a lethal threat in the slot as well as a solid KR/PR (which we really, really need). I just hope he gets it together & stays healthy. He was definitely exciting to watch his rookie season.
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group