Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions need rb: Ben Tate?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Lions need rb: Ben Tate? Reply with quote

Lions are reportedly calling around for rb help, would you trade Tate and what would you want in return???
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions need rb: Ben Tate? Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Lions are reportedly calling around for rb help, would you trade Tate and what would you want in return???

Would need to start at a first rounder, considering how much he is going to mean to a potential super bowl run.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions need rb: Ben Tate? Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

Megatron!!! That is "want". What do I think we'd get? Probably a second rounder from them, which I don't think would be worthwhile. I've posed the question of trading Tate and some seemed adamantly against it, even if it was for a high first-round pick. From the Lions, we'd be looking at pick 20 or later, with them having Tate, I'd say #25 or later is a very real possibility. At that rate, it's hard to say. I have a lot of faith in Forsett and like what I've seen from Grimes, but I think Tate has only scratched the surface of what he's capable of.

Two first round picks gives us some nice trade options if we need to move up to grab a QB next season if we lose Schaub, or to build up our young team with a new NT, RT, CB or Safety.
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I value Tate very highly. He keeps Arian in check and runs hard. Kubiak and Smith both like him a lot. Great person and an amazing athlete. I don't think we've seen Tate's top gear yet. He has the speed to break a 75 yard TD if he gets the right blocking.

I don't really consider myself a fan of the Lions. Many people are hopping on the Stafford-Megatron bandwagon. I can't see any realistic offer they could make for Tate that would be acceptable. No NFL team would give up 2 first rounders. A single 1st rounder would be a stretch for any team. Since we aren't in need of picks as a team, I'm more confident that we could find a mid round RB who could replace a lot of what Tate does if he decides to play elsewhere.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st rounder or Suh. This is never going to happen this season. Maybe the last year on Tate's contract but not when he still has a few years left and we are poised for the bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just rather keep him. Any trade that we make for picks doesn't help us this year. So we give up tremendous depth at our RB spot for a pick in the mid-20s next year, at most.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Any trade that we make for picks doesn't help us this year. So we give up tremendous depth at our RB spot for a pick in the mid-20s next year, at most.

This summarizes the situation pretty well. Making the trade is a risk, the reward for the trade would have to be enough to offset the risk. A 1st round pick in the mid 20's would do it for me. It's a risk to run with Forsett and Grimes as your backups to Foster but for a 1st round pick in the mid 20's, it's one I'd be willing to take. Two 1st round picks next year would be awful sweet, especially for a guy that we're not going to be able to keep around once he reaches FA.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here is the trade im willing to make

Andre Johnson and Ben Tate for Calvin Johnson, Titus Young and a 1st
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tate is relatively fresh, cheap and under contract for another two years. Justin Forsett has looked OK, Jonathan Grimes could be a find, but outside of this, they're both relative unknown commodities.

Given that we're breaking in a new right side of the OL that has been anything but stellar, I would wager that having a competent backup who can step in if something were to happen to Foster; If Derek Newton is as bad as he has been in the preseason, Foster is going to take some unprotected shots this season, and spelling him with Tate would be the best way to keep our long term investment in Foster safe.

So, I say no thanks (unless they were to offer some unrealistic trade option. If they came to us with a Herschel Walker-esque deal, then we take it).

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jargin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

I'm sure you would be willing to make that trade.

However I don't think the Lions or the Texans would. I don't think its a fair deal for the Lions because they give up Calvin Johnson and a 1st round pick. I don't think its even possible for them to trade Calvin Johnson given that he just signed a contract for 132 Million Dollars. Thats right, 132 million.

I don't see any reason for the Texans to trade Dre, who has been the icon for this team for so many years. They should want Dre to play his whole career here.

Yeah, having Megatron would be sweet but that is just a fantasy. That is a fantasy football trade right there. Not a real life trade. There are so many things that are wrong there.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

However I don't think the Lions or the Texans would. I don't think its a fair deal for the Lions because they give up Calvin Johnson and a 1st round pick. I don't think its even possible for them to trade Calvin Johnson given that he just signed a contract for 132 Million Dollars. Thats right, 132 million.

I don't see any reason for the Texans to trade Dre, who has been the icon for this team for so many years. They should want Dre to play his whole career here.

Yeah, having Megatron would be sweet but that is just a fantasy. That is a fantasy football trade right there. Not a real life trade. There are so many things that are wrong there.

...don't think you get PDs brand of humor. Wink

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jargin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jargin wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

...don't think you get PDs brand of humor. Wink
humor in text is hard to get unless there are a bunch of lol lmao hahaha /sarcasm and Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured when I mentioned trading Andre it was as good as saying lol
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUUUUHHHH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I figured when I mentioned trading Andre it was as good as saying lol
Trading Dre would be blasphemy, heresy and treason all at the same time.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: