Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Soooo Much Negativity...... Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Honestly couldn't be more excited about this team as a whole. I really think this team can be a playoff team if Freeman comes through because our running game is strong and Michael smith is going to e our sproles type scat back. We need freeman and 10 wins isn't out of the questions.

I really love the defensive play. I hope McCoy could stay healthy. Also Adam hayward needs to replace Quincy black.

I think we could all get behind this. Him and Watson have looked really good in their limited time... Hayward is better in coverage but Watson definitely has more upside as a pass rusher. Either way, Quincy is the classic case of 'looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.'

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
indifference wrote:
Roy Miller is having a good pre-season. The guy is an ox and about time he started showing some power. I'm skeptical but he could have a good year for us and warrant an extension. I also think Talib will warrant a new contract too. Everyone talks about David and Barron but Eric Wright has been good-under-the radar. Wright makes us a tougher team with his ability to hit and stop guys dead in their tracks. Coverage wise he has been solid. Wright, Barron, and David will be contributors for our run D. We've always managed to get penetration even without McCoy just never had the ability to finish the play off. We were brutal against outside runs the past years and that might still be the case this year b/c QB but on a + note looks like we can defend cut back runs better.

I too have been impressed with Roy Miller. He seems to have found a home at NT in the Schiano/Sheridan/Davis defense. Very Happy

However, I think the best suprise this year will be Demar Dotson. I think he will beat out Trueblood at RT and be very effective. Trueblood's contract is guaranteed this year, so I doubt he will be cut, but I believe he will be the backup.
Which is a shame too. True makes way too much money to be riding the pine and he already sucks as it is. I hope Demar can man that RT spot. Its clearly our weakest side.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember if True's contract is front-loaded like most of Dom's recent contracts? The way he's been doing things lately, we can cut a player a year or two after their extension and be somewhat debt free by doing it. I don't think we should cut True, though.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
Does anyone remember if True's contract is front-loaded like most of Dom's recent contracts? The way he's been doing things lately, we can cut a player a year or two after their extension and be somewhat debt free by doing it. I don't think we should cut True, though.

I remember recorder correctly he had to take a pay cut or Be released bc this years isn't guaranteed.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
epicMustache wrote:

I remember recorder correctly he had to take a pay cut or Be released bc this years isn't guaranteed.

He took a pay cut this season. But Im almost positive this is his last year under contract as well.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
epicMustache wrote:

He took a pay cut this season. But Im almost positive this is his last year under contract as well.

I agree, it seems like he had to take a pay cut from $5M down to $4M and this is the final year of the 2 year contract. I don't remember anything about any guaranteed $, but not sure on that though.
Diesel00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
epicMustache wrote:

I agree, it seems like he had to take a pay cut from $5M down to $4M and this is the final year of the 2 year contract. I don't remember anything about any guaranteed $, but not sure on that though.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3704/jeremy-trueblood

I'm pretty sure that when he took the pay cut that he is guaranteed all of his money this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not smiling because Davin Joseph is gone Sad

Our o-line is what I looked forward to most, now it looks like left side will be good and right side will be crap.

Go bucs...
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

Our o-line is what I looked forward to most, now it looks like left side will be good and right side will be crap.

Go bucs...

Man we all are but like most good teams they plug the hole. Hardman filled in for Joseph in 2010 and did a nice job. Honestly OG is a position that will be easier to replace and evaluate especially at this time. Our season is not over and our oline isn't going to be crap losing Joseph.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Go bucs...

Man we all are but like most good teams they plug the hole. Hardman filled in for Joseph in 2010 and did a nice job. Honestly OG is a position that will be easier to replace and evaluate especially at this time. Our season is not over and our oline isn't going to be crap losing Joseph.

I was going to post something similar to this. We lost Joseph before and it wasn't the end of the world. Our backup Gs aren't so bad.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Go bucs...

If our season is over because of a RG, this team was in trouble from the get-go. Anyway, we didn't miss a beat as a run blocking team with Hardman. However, he did struggle in pass pro where Joseph usually excels. We'll see if he improved this year on that aspect.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hopefully the waiver wire can bring something to give us hope on the right side of the line.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about being negative, they just pretty much put the same crap roster out there as last yr
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
It's not about being negative, they just pretty much put the same crap roster out there as last yr

Really? I would say there are holes, but not as many as last year. The safety position was woeful last year. Geno Hayes shouldn't even be in the league, David can't do worse. I'll take Vincent Jackson.

As I said there are holes and Freeman has to be better then preseason, but I would say same "crap" roster as last year is a little harsh.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Really? I would say there are holes, but not as many as last year. The safety position was woeful last year. Geno Hayes shouldn't even be in the league, David can't do worse. I'll take Vincent Jackson.

As I said there are holes and Freeman has to be better then preseason, but I would say same "crap" roster as last year is a little harsh.

Stroughter, Lewis biggers the LB's of last yr, bennett, the FS position, the DT position all crap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: