Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Soooo Much Negativity...... Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know everyone is talking Bennett and McCoy and they should. They're beasting But mason Foster is a guy no one is really talking about. Dude is ridonculous right now. Those 3 guys are balling out right now.

Lavonte David should be included as well.

While we're at it, Quincy Black looks like a completely different player.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually going to go out on a limb here and say zuttah has impressed me along with demar Dotson.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I saw, Foster was second in the league in solo tackles. I don't know how many stuffs he's got, but he has to have at least 10. Dude's been a monster.

And Dotson has crossed a need off our list. He's playing damn good football.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs have the best redzone defense in the NFL and the #12 defense in PPG allowed. Right now the defense is doing its part and actually playing better than originally thought. Our only problem is that teams move the ball on us in the air. If we can somehow stop teams from doing that our defensive will be dominant soon. Which means Talib, Wright, and the rest of the CB's will need to be on their best game for that to turn around.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
The Bucs have the best redzone defense in the NFL and the #12 defense in PPG allowed. Right now the defense is doing its part and actually playing better than originally thought. Our only problem is that teams move the ball on us in the air. If we can somehow stop teams from doing that our defensive will be dominant soon. Which means Talib, Wright, and the rest of the CB's will need to be on their best game for that to turn around.

Didn't know that. Good stuff.

And I agree. We're just an average secondary away from a top 10-12 defense.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

Good stuff. Did anyone else notice how much better we played on the back end against the Cowboys? Against the Giants it seemed like we were in man-to-man most of the time and we got burned, but I saw a lot more zone coverage last week against Dallas.

I hope that we see more zone coverage going forward. We don't have the CBs to consistently match-up in man-to-man, IMO.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

Good stuff. Did anyone else notice how much better we played on the back end against the Cowboys? Against the Giants it seemed like we were in man-to-man most of the time and we got burned, but I saw a lot more zone coverage last week against Dallas.

I hope that we see more zone coverage going forward. We don't have the CBs to consistently match-up in man-to-man, IMO.

I think we have a solid secondary. Talib had it handed to him against Nicks but it's not like Manning/Nicks isn't a elite combo. I am confident with our starting group. Talib, Wright, Barber, and Barron is light years ahead of what we had last season. I expect them to be solid here on out.

We are creating turnovers, ranked 2nd overall for the most ints in the league!

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

Yeah I noticed it on Talib's first interception. We were playing a cover 3 and Talib read Romo's read and pounced on it. I like the idea of running cover 3 for many reasons too. The WR coming off the line doesn't know for sure what the coverage is until he is up the field 5-6 yards into his route. It was definitely a good adjustment. With teams with lesser WR talent (i.e Redskins) I fully expect us to play man and with Rob Griffin's ability to run some zone too.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would go through some of the key stats that we would like to see improved from last year. Honestly all of them are good, minus the passing yards. Granted I don't see the Run D staying this way the whole year but I don't see the Pass D allowing another 500 game.

6 ints - Avg extended for the entire year 32 ints
7 sacks - Avg extended for the entire year 37.33 sacks
3 FF - Avg extended for the entire year 16 FF
Rushing Yards allowed 142 - 47.33 per game - Avg extended for the entire year 757.28 yards allowed
Passing Yards allowed 1060 - 353.33 per game - Avg extended for the entire year 5653.28 yards allowed

14 ints
23 sacks
13 FF
Rushing Yards allowed 2497 - 156.06 per game
Passing Yards allowed 3814 - 238.38 per game

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a cool stat today:

There is only one QB in the NFL to have thrown for 1,000+ yards in the last three games. Guess who? Wink Cool
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, our team is now nineth in the league, averaging over 26 points per game.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin is putting up a good rookie year campaign at this rate. He is on pace or close to; 1,200 rushing yards with around 500 receiving yards. That's pretty close to having a 2,000 yards from scrimmage back. Needs to get his rushing TD's up though. If he can end up with 8-9 td's it'll be a heck of a year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: