Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Madden thought Rg3 was the nfl's best player Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: John Madden thought Rg3 was the nfl's best player Sunday Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-madden-thought-rgiii-was-the-nfls-best-player-on-sunday/2012/09/12/c67869ae-fd0e-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_blog.html#pagebreak

Quote:
“It’s darn near an impossible task to open up and play the Saints in their place,” Madden said during his weekly appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I mean, no one wins down there, so I didn’t expect him to do anything like he did. But I did want to see him, and I wanted to see what he had.

“And at some point, I have to admit that I said this, it just came out, I said RGIII’s the best player in the NFL today. That’s what I really thought. Those words did come out. Now, I don’t know that I’m gonna live with that or back that up the rest of the season.”
high praise from one of the best coaches and broadcasters the nfl has ever seen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/12/jeff-fisher-friendship-with-shanahan-had-no-impact-on-trade-for-rights-to-robert-griffin-iii/

Jeff Fisher was also very impressed by Griffin's play vs the saints.

Quote:
 “What a terrific debut. Very, very impressive. As people are saying, it’s historical,” Fisher said. “He did a great job with accuracy and poise, made plays with his legs and has a good grasp of the offense. There were a lot of things obviously offensively that have been worked on in the offseason and the preseason that weren’t shown in the preseason games. It became very productive and effective for him.”.

“First off, in Mike’s quest to acquire RGIII, he thought all along that defenses can’t defend for those dynamics,” Fisher said. “Basically, he’s right. You create – if you’re lucky, you create defensively – a one-on-one situation with the quarterback, and with his athletic ability, usually he wins that.

“We’re going to have a long week. It’s not easy,” Fisher later said when asked how to defend Griffin. “But we coach, too, and we’ve put together the start of a defensive plan that we think is going to allow us to be successful, and you have to hang your hat on that, and you have to work and understand that you can’t simulate a lot of things they do on the practice field.”
sounds good, everyone is giving griffin props. Fisher knows he's up against a very dynamic player and offense.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see what he does sunday. I really hope,he puts up 300 yards,2tds,I don't even mind if theres a pick. Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was right on about RG3 freezing a Defense.

On the TD pass to Aldrick Robinson watch the LB on the left freeze instead of dropping back for a pick or rushing RG3. He didn't know what to do and Griffin made him pay.

That's where he's going to be dangerous because although he can run his tendency is going to be to look for the pass first- once he gets space like he did throwing across the field to Davis or downfield (I think it was to Moss when he sidestepped a pass rusher) but you know that play on the left when he could have easily had a first down but threw it-- That is stuff that took Steve Young a while to learn
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddens ok but....

Heres Carl from Aqua Teen discussing the rookies the past week.
Carl loves some RGIII.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5pLI7ndMY

Andrew Luck: "Im calling him Andrew "Look like a lady tonight". Cause he looked womanly on Sunday."

Laughing Laughing
Gotta love Carl.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Maddens ok but....

Heres Carl from Aqua Teen discussing the rookies the past week.
Carl loves some RGIII.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5pLI7ndMY

Andrew Luck: "Im calling him Andrew "Look like a lady tonight". Cause he looked womanly on Sunday."

Laughing Laughing
Gotta love Carl.

Russell --- --- --- Wilson lmao
Brandon Weeden bwaaahaaahhaaa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: