Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Cooley RELEASED by Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I said earlier that Moss is the one,true ”old school” skin but I forgot about Doughty. Is he next to be cut? Think
Probably, I wish we'd find a way to keep our 2nd bedtime tackler but I just don't see it. We have Gomes for our future and 3 other more talented safeties in front of Doughty this year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A day after releasing him to trim their roster to the league-mandated 75-player limit, the Washington Redskins have re-signed quarterback Jonathan Crompton.

The former Tennessee standout was one of 15 players cut on Monday, but when the team released tight end Chris Cooley on Tuesday, a roster spot was opened up. The team used that spot to bring back Crompton, his agent Joel Turner said late Tuesday night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/qb-jonthan-crompton-is-re-signed-by-redskins-after-release-of-chris-cooley-opens-roster-spot/2012/08/29/cb379462-f190-11e1-892d-bc92fee603a7_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider

What the hell happened in that period after where Crompton was cut instead of Cooley in the first place?

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:
A day after releasing him to trim their roster to the league-mandated 75-player limit, the Washington Redskins have re-signed quarterback Jonathan Crompton.

The former Tennessee standout was one of 15 players cut on Monday, but when the team released tight end Chris Cooley on Tuesday, a roster spot was opened up. The team used that spot to bring back Crompton, his agent Joel Turner said late Tuesday night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/qb-jonthan-crompton-is-re-signed-by-redskins-after-release-of-chris-cooley-opens-roster-spot/2012/08/29/cb379462-f190-11e1-892d-bc92fee603a7_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider

What the hell happened in that period after where Crompton was cut instead of Cooley in the first place?

Cooley>>>>>>>>>Crompton
Fourth TE>>>>>>>fourth QB Confused

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:

Good question and despite all Shanny rhetoric about giving him a chance to be a starter--They were likely trying to trade Cooley.
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I said earlier that Moss is the one,true ”old school” skin but I forgot about Doughty. Is he next to be cut? Think
Probably, I wish we'd find a way to keep our 2nd bedtime tackler but I just don't see it. We have Gomes for our future and 3 other more talented safeties in front of Doughty this year

Shocked Laughing Either you know Doughty a little too well or your phone auto-corrected again lolz
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Shocked Laughing Either you know Doughty a little too well or your phone auto-corrected again lolz
Laughing

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:

This kind of well, infuriates me. We cut down to 53 in a matter of days and have 3 QB's on the roster who need the reps not a scrub like Crompton.

"straight outta crompton" was funny when he was number 4 but now I don't want to hear his name again until he is released.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:

Good question and despite all Shanny rhetoric about giving him a chance to be a starter--They were likely trying to trade Cooley.
Definitely. This isn't the final cut down though, Crompton won't make this team.

Compton certainly isn't better than Cooley. They are cutting Cooley now so he can hopefully catch on with someone else for sure, Shanahan isn't lying about that.

With Cooley as much as it sucks, he's a part of this teams past. Trust me it sucks, he's one of my favorite redskins of all time and I hate it, but this team needs to move on with it's future. We have some young talent that needs to play. It's taken me a while to get to this realization, like months but it's the right thing. Whether we kept Cooley or not this year, he wasn't going to be around for another 2 or 3. And, it was never going to be easy when they had to get rid of him.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Haha. Damn iPad! Twisted Evil

I meant second best tackler behind fletcher
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:

Definitely. The thing though is that this is not the final cut down. Yeah, Cooley was cut during this round but it was so he'd have time to find a new place. A player like Compton will likely be cut next week and put on the practice squad. This wasn't the final cuts. Final cuts will be the end of this week.

Compton certainly isn't better than Cooley today and he may never be a starter even but he was just drafted and keeping him around is about building for the future. With Cooley as much as it sucks, he's a part of this teams past. Trust me it sucks, he's one of my favorite redskins of all time and I hate it, but this team needs to move on with it's future. We have some young talent that needs to play. It's taken me a while to get to this realization, like months but it's the right thing. Whether we kept Cooley or not this year, he wasn't going to be around for another 2 or 3.

We aren't talking about Compton(OT), we are talking about Crompton (QB), drafted in 2010 by the Chargers and cast around until he fell here. He is NOT part of building for the future and needs to go away

And by the way I think Compton has an Excellent chance at becoming a starter in a couple years. He was touted as a possible steal of the draft and I am anxious to see how he develops.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:

Definitely. The thing though is that this is not the final cut down. Yeah, Cooley was cut during this round but it was so he'd have time to find a new place. A player like Compton will likely be cut next week and put on the practice squad. This wasn't the final cuts. Final cuts will be the end of this week.

Compton certainly isn't better than Cooley today and he may never be a starter even but he was just drafted and keeping him around is about building for the future. With Cooley as much as it sucks, he's a part of this teams past. Trust me it sucks, he's one of my favorite redskins of all time and I hate it, but this team needs to move on with it's future. We have some young talent that needs to play. It's taken me a while to get to this realization, like months but it's the right thing. Whether we kept Cooley or not this year, he wasn't going to be around for another 2 or 3.

We aren't talking about Compton(OT), we are talking about Crompton (QB), drafted in 2010 by the Chargers and cast around until he fell here. He is NOT part of building for the future and needs to go away
I know, I just edited my post. Sorry. Damn you're fast. I had just posted that. Laughing

He is a qb though and I'm sure he will play in the game Wednesday. There is a reason they brought him back, it's so they don't have to play other qbs and possibly get them hurt.
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="turtle28"]
Quote:
I know, I just edited my post. Sorry. Damn you're fast. I had just posted that. Laughing

He is a qb though and I'm sure he will play in the game Wednesday. There is a reason they brought him back, it's so they don't have to play other qbs and possibly get them hurt.

Your phone is slowing u down bro Very Happy
Wow for once you are defending the franchise and I am mad at it Shocked

I'd rather see Grossman out there honestly since he already has a
chemistry with these guys. And if you are not trying out QB you should give your WR's the best opportunity to shine before cuts are made. Maybe Crompton has better rapport with the 2's and 3's that will play so that's why?
Maybe they feel they've seen enough from him? But I still believe Cousins could use the work also, especially on a live stage against another team (even if they are backup/ps guys).

Anyway I'll be glad when we get down to 53 so I can forget this happened
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they feel they owe Crompton for his camp work by showcasing him a bit-- If he does well--he has some game film for other teams to give him employment .. but that idea is probably wrong-like I said earlier-- no room for sentiment .!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it the more I don't like how this went down. If they truly knew he wasn't in their plans and if they truly wanted to give him a shot to land a starting gig somewhere else, the time to do that was in mini-camp or any of the OTAs.

As for brining Crompton back. Most likely this is because they will start Cousins and have him play 3 quarters and then want to see how Crompton will do for a quarter? Just a guess..

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM is on the right track, but it's necessity not sentiment.

Grossman is a vet and knows the offense - it was pretty obvious in the third game they threw him in there to shake off some rust and when he performed to expectations, he came out of the game. Grossman might need a couple of series to start this game, but after that you have to ask whether Cousin needs a full game.

The risk of injury is ever present, better have Crompton play a quarter-half; and, if he happens to be injured, it will not impact your season in the slightest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: