Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Cooley RELEASED by Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I said earlier that Moss is the one,true ”old school” skin but I forgot about Doughty. Is he next to be cut? Think

I hope so! I hate that guy with a passion! Evil or Very Mad

I have (had?) a Brunell jersey, a Campbell jersey, and a Cooley jersey. Any choices for who to get next? I'm thinking Griffin III, but it might be too common. Mehhh. I miss Cooley already. Without a doubt my favorite Redskin the past few years. I wish him nothing but the best.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I said earlier that Moss is the one,true ”old school” skin but I forgot about Doughty. Is he next to be cut? Think
Moss came to us in 2005. Golston was drafted by the team in 2006 and we signed Alexander as an undrafted free agent in 2006. I think those are all the longest tenured Skins at the moment.
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart is sad to hear this news, but my mind knows it was probably the right decision. It's obvious we have younger and more talented players (or potential talented players) at the position. I will miss his personality on this team soooo much, but he knows as well as any other player that this is a business. Good luck to Chris with whatever he decides to do, I wish him nothing but the best.

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^

Adopt-A-Redskin 2013:
Reed Doughty
Barry Cofield
big44dog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd to last of the old guard. Bottom line is he was the 4th string TE making 4 mil and that just can't happen, especially with the 18 million dollar penalty. They gave him a shot at FB but everyone knew it wasn't gonna work. Sucks that he couldn't hang around long enough for when this team becomes a serious contender. Sentiment aside it was a move that had to be made.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Moss came to us in 2005. Golston was drafted by the team in 2006 and we signed Alexander as an undrafted free agent in 2006. I think those are all the longest tenured Skins at the moment.

Was Fletch 2007?

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

I hope so! I hate that guy with a passion! Evil or Very Mad

I have (had?) a Brunell jersey, a Campbell jersey, and a Cooley jersey. Any choices for who to get next? I'm thinking Griffin III, but it might be too common. Mehhh. I miss Cooley already. Without a doubt my favorite Redskin the past few years. I wish him nothing but the best.

Who cares if its too common. Support RG3!!!! Im getting his jersey soon. I buy a new one every season. Last year I got Kerrigans. Cool

mike23md on the sig
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we tried to trade him b4 releasing him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
This sucks. And after watching his farewell vid. It sucks even more.

To bad tomorrow couldnt be his last day so he could suit up 1 last time.
Gotta set the DVR and make sure I dont miss tonights Redskins Nation. Should be one to remember.

yeah the farewell video (presser) is sad. He was a "true Redskin" to the core and I respect him for that.

My comments seem harsh alot of times but I have to keep in perspective that it is a business. Cooley is filthy rich because of the Redskins, so he should be set for the rest of his life even if he doesn't play another down (which he doesn't have to). So in that regard I have no regrets about him getting cut. And like RSkinGM said (paraphrased)- sentiment won't win games.

But in the end I really respect CC for the admiration and genuine praise he gave to Allen and especially Shanahan. It takes a real man to stand up and say what he did in that situation. I wish as we all do that Cooley was ready to return to form and let us cheer for him again. But the coaches saw alot of him and didn't believe he was the same player he was a few years ago.

As a person, I have a great deal of respect for Cooley now . As a player, I am glad to be able to remember him making us stand up in our seats and cheer.

It was evident that the team meant the world to him, and that kind of dedication is not common.

Thanks Chris Cooley for being one of the only lights in our dark years.
It was a great ride.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Your team DeltaBravo percentage just decreased by 100%. Hope someone signs him, so he doesn't end up on NFL Network. Wonder if Colt Brennan cried.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched his press conference. Sad He says he doesnt even know if he could wear another jersey. Lets re-sign him for the vet minimum.

mike23md on the sig
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Congratulations! Your team DeltaBravo percentage just decreased by 100%. Hope someone signs him, so he doesn't end up on NFL Network. Wonder if Colt Brennan cried.

and dropping by to call Cooley a [inappropriate/removed] is not trolling... how?

Save your stale jokes for your side pal. You aren't funny and you have no class
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

and dropping by to call Cooley a [inappropriate/removed] is not trolling... how?

Save your stale jokes for your side pal. You aren't funny and you have no class

Hes probably mad that Arrington ended Aikmans career. Laughing

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/chris-cooley-redskins-great/

Quote:
 This organization has changed my life in every way for the better and I appreciate it.  I’ve loved every minute of playing here. It’s been a good run.”

-Chris Cooley
much love chris, much love. You'll always be a redskin to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
This sucks. And after watching his farewell vid. It sucks even more.

To bad tomorrow couldnt be his last day so he could suit up 1 last time.
Gotta set the DVR and make sure I dont miss tonights Redskins Nation. Should be one to remember.

yeah the farewell video (presser) is sad. He was a "true Redskin" to the core and I respect him for that.

My comments seem harsh alot of times but I have to keep in perspective that it is a business. Cooley is filthy rich because of the Redskins, so he should be set for the rest of his life even if he doesn't play another down (which he doesn't have to). So in that regard I have no regrets about him getting cut. And like RSkinGM said (paraphrased)- sentiment won't win games.

But in the end I really respect CC for the admiration and genuine praise he gave to Allen and especially Shanahan. It takes a real man to stand up and say what he did in that situation. I wish as we all do that Cooley was ready to return to form and let us cheer for him again. But the coaches saw alot of him and didn't believe he was the same player he was a few years ago.

As a person, I have a great deal of respect for Cooley now . As a player, I am glad to be able to remember him making us stand up in our seats and cheer.

It was evident that the team meant the world to him, and that kind of dedication is not common.

Thanks Chris Cooley for being one of the only lights in our dark years.
It was a great ride.
What you have to remember and keep in perspective is that the redskins and dan Snyder are successful and rich because of players such as chris Cooley, lavar Arrington, chris Samuels, Sean Taylor and Clinton Portis who gave their all, health and one player their life to this organization. We chear for the players, not dan snyder. Yeah, the players got taken care of in funds but not in retirement and health care. Meanwhile, the owner made far much more off his players than they did off him, so that goes both ways. Actually, check my sign. As Abraham Lincoln said: Capitol is nothing without labor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Was Fletch 2007?
Yes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: