Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Cooley RELEASED by Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/07/chris-cooley-unaware-of-scheduled-meeting-with-bruce-allen/

One of the two sides is lying. Cooley says he doesn't know anything about the meeting that Shanahan and Allen are talking about in the media.

Quote:
I have no information, I didnt know there was going to be a meeting, Cooley said when reached via telephone. Im sure Ill hear more about it. Everyones busy this week getting ready for New Orleans.

Cooley said he has plenty of interest around the league and expects to hear about realistic offers next week. He still thinks he can start, he said hes always been productive

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/07/chris-cooley-unaware-of-scheduled-meeting-with-bruce-allen/

One of the two sides is lying. Cooley says he doesn't know anything about the meeting that Shanahan and Allen are talking about in the media.

Quote:
I have no information, I didnt know there was going to be a meeting, Cooley said when reached via telephone. Im sure Ill hear more about it. Everyones busy this week getting ready for New Orleans.

Cooley said he has plenty of interest around the league and expects to hear about realistic offers next week. He still thinks he can start, he said hes always been productive

It doesn't have to be a lie. It could be that we contacted his Agent or some sort and started preliminary talks of some sort. We think its a go, Cooley didn't know it was set kind of deal.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/14/mike-shanahan-bruce-allen-and-chris-cooley-spoke-thursday/

Mike Shanahan: Bruce Allen and Chris Cooley spoke Thursday

Bruce Allen and Cooley spoke yesterday Shanahan said but didnt come close to a decision on Cooley returning and judging by how the tight ends played last week vs the saints, I'd have to doubt we re-sign him.

Quote:
I didnt talk to Chris, but Bruce had a chance to talk to him a little bit yesterday. It was a good conversation. Chris is such a big part of this organization. Hes been a big part of his organization, Shanahan said. Hes looked at his options; we talked about things that could possibly happen throughout the year. But if he did go to another team, itd have to be as a starter.
I'm not sure if any team is going to bring Cooley in to be their definite starter. If he has those demands, he may never play again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/14/mike-shanahan-bruce-allen-and-chris-cooley-spoke-thursday/

Bruce Allen and Cooley spoke yesterday Shanahan said but didnt come close to a decision on Cooley returning and judging by how the tight ends played last week vs the saints, I'd have to doubt we re-sign him.

Quote:
I didnt talk to Chris, but Bruce had a chance to talk to him a little bit yesterday. It was a good conversation. Chris is such a big part of this organization. Hes been a big part of his organization, Shanahan said. Hes looked at his options; we talked about things that could possibly happen throughout the year. But if he did go to another team, itd have to be as a starter.
I'm not sure if any team is going to bring Cooley in to be their definite starter. If he has those demands, he may never play again.

They should bring him in any way they can,he doesn't have to play football.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

They should bring him in any way they can,he doesn't have to play football.
From what I'm reading in this article and in ones from the past is that Cooley wasn't willing to accept a role as a back up. This was similar to why Gaffney was let go also, Gaffney didn't want to have to compete for his job and didn't want to accept being lower on the depth chart.

Chris keeps stating he wants to start, well maybe that's not an option. It certainly wasn't here. So he was paid like a pro bowl player but wasn't anymore, he didn't want to be a reserve, so it just seems like a problem with no solution to me. Cooley wasn't willing to accept what he currently is, which is a back up on most nfl rosters, certainly ours.

I'm not sure what he's going to do if we are going to sign him and hes not play football. Confused If we give him a contract, he's going to be expected to suit up and play. It's what he wants to do also, he wants to start but he won't be a starter here.

It sucks, but it's reality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: