Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be our starting QB to start the season?
Kevin Kolb
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
John Skelton
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Who Do You Want? Reply with quote

Plain and Simple. With the decision likely to come in the next few days, who do you want to lead our team against Seattle and hopefully many more months to come?

To be clear, this isn't who you THINK will be chosen, but who you would like to see given the chance to lead this team and why.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say Skelton due to his preseason play until I read his comments to Darren Urban on azcardinals.com this morning. It's almost as if he's whining to Urban about Whiz not having made a decision yet on who will be the starter, which is beyond ridiculous Pretty easy John, if either you or Kolb had played even half way decent, Whiz wouldn't have to put so much thought into it. That's on you and Kolb, not Whiz.

I don't like that one bit. He needs to worry about himself, making himself better and not worry about hinting to a friggin beat writer that he needs to make a decision already. Frankly, that decision making process is none of his business anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I was going to say Skelton due to his preseason play until I read his comments to Darren Urban on azcardinals.com this morning. It's almost as if he's whining to Urban about Whiz not having made a decision yet on who will be the starter, which is beyond ridiculous Pretty easy John, if either you or Kolb had played even half way decent, Whiz wouldn't have to put so much thought into it. That's on you and Kolb, not Whiz.

I don't like that one bit. He needs to worry about himself, making himself better and not worry about hinting to a friggin beat writer that he needs to make a decision already. Frankly, that decision making process is none of his business anyway.

I liked the comments made by Kolb in the second half of the Tennessee game to Rachel Nicols. Just basically owned up to his play and didn't throw the offensive line under the bus.

You can tell that Kolbs the more mature of the two when speaking to the media.

Wish that translated in his play however.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to see Skelton start. Just think he can take the hits longer then kolb. at the end of the day i think we will be rotating all year with injury.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I liked the comments made by Kolb in the second half of the Tennessee game to Rachel Nicols. Just basically owned up to his play and didn't throw the offensive line under the bus.

You can tell that Kolbs the more mature of the two when speaking to the media.

Wish that translated in his play however.

Kolb gave the consumate professional answer when Urban asked him. Just said he's worrying about the things he can control and the rest will take care of itself.

I guess I'll still vote Skelton but he came off as a whiny kid in article and it thoroughly ticks me off. Seriously John, this wouldn't even be a question if you or Kolb had played even half way passable this preseason. You need to worry about you. That's it.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Said Skelton, ďLike everything, Iím taking it all in stride. I think the team knows the sooner we have a decision the sooner we can move forward but it hasnít worked out that way.Ē

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Lindley-To-Start-Against-Broncos-/db22563c-f0d3-47ac-857a-266b350c592c

Not sure how to read that; I can see a bit of John saying, yeah we would have liked this to be over, but the play has not been there.

That would be my first instinct, but below that you can see a small bit of, lets just have a decision and move on with it.

If I had to throw a guess out, I would say Kolb starts, but whomever does is going to be on a very short leash and all that is going to lead to is insecurity, playing tight, thinking too hard about not making mistakes and our QB's playing losing ball.
DieHardCard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kolb is going to start. The Cards are going to see if if he is bust or not, only way to find out is to play him.

If I were coach I would start Skelton and rely on the run game. Skelton got hurt by 3 big dropped passes in his last start not to mention he had to play with the DJ Young disaster. He is better built to play behind this line. I just don't see Kolb lasting longer than 2 or 3 games before he gets injured.

Interesting note. Larry Fitz Sr said on channel 12 interview that Kolb doesn't seem to have many friends in the locker room, which echoes the locker room feelings from Willie M earlier in the year. Now that Fitz Sr has basically said the same thing, there has to be some truth to it.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DieHardCard wrote:
I think Kolb is going to start. The Cards are going to see if if he is bust or not, only way to find out is to play him.

If I were coach I would start Skelton and rely on the run game. Skelton got hurt by 3 big dropped passes in his last start not to mention he had to play with the DJ Young disaster. He is better built to play behind this line. I just don't see Kolb lasting longer than 2 or 3 games before he gets injured.

Interesting note. Larry Fitz Sr said on channel 12 interview that Kolb doesn't seem to have many friends in the locker room, which echoes the locker room feelings from Willie M earlier in the year. Now that Fitz Sr has basically said the same thing, there has to be some truth to it.

While it may be true that Kolb has few friends there, some people, as in Larry Sr., need to learn when to keep their mouth shut. Leaking that info. could do nothing but harm the team. Blabbing this was a selfish, childish thing to do, but yeah, we get it Sr., you're "in the loop". Rolling Eyes What a moron.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont have to have friends on a team to do well.

Just need to play well and everything is fine.

So far, Kolb is 0 for 2.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Fitzgerald Sr. is a moron. I mean with every fiber of my being. Same guy who said Early Doucet has a poor work ethic because he doesn't go to Larry's camp in the offseason....

Love Larry Jr. but his dad is something else.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb should start. The excuses that he never had an off season last year are now gone. The team has invested heavily in him and need to give him the chance in a real game to prove he was worth it. If not then the team can move on with giving him a fair fighting chance. Lean on the running game and TOP and we know the defense is legit.Things are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. That is if the coaching staff play the team to their strengths. Kolb starts but his leash is as tight as it can be.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kolb starts, just because he is more mobile and our line sucks. Kolb just needs to run forward not to the sidelines.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Bloodlustt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Kolb start. It's like the Leinart situation all over again. I would have liked to see what we have in him and give him a good portion of the season to really show us what he's got.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
I think Kolb starts, just because he is more mobile and our line sucks. Kolb just needs to run forward not to the sidelines.

Mobilty is negligible between the two, but the size that Skelton has that allows him to absorb hits and still make throws is a big one for me.
shawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping for Skelton...either way I expect a rocky season in which both of them will get playing time. But regardless...I want Skelton to start against Seatle.

sig made by mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: