Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Viking Forum Game: 5000 Yards or Bust!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 8010
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: Matt Ryan
Week 2: Matt Cassel
Week 3: Matt Stafford
Week 4: Matt Schaub
Week 5: Drew Brees
Week 6: Sam Bradford
_________________

Maxx Williams For Mackey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7337
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
only 500 or so yards separate the leader from the guy in 19th place. a couple of good/bad weeks can flip that entirely. plus, as we get deeper in to the season and fewer top shelf QB's are left to choose from, the real strategy and luck begins.

anything can still happen!


Yeah, I've been really careful about that. So far the guys I've used are 1, 9, 17, 19, 20 in yards per game overall, and I have 27 this week. And still, I'm in 8th place. A lot of it is about matchups. It helps to be a little lucky too. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Viking


Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 2627
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
Captain Viking wrote:
Week 1- Matt Ryan
Week 2- RG3
Week 3- Tony Romo
Week 4- Aaron stinkin Rodgers
Week 5- Eli Manning
week 6-Kevin kolb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14682
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: Matthew Stafford
Week 2: Tom Brady
Week 3: Jay Cutler
Week 4: Aaron Rodgers
Week 5: Drew Brees
Week 6: Ben Roethlisberger
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


Last edited by skywindO2 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sloppy28


Joined: 16 Apr 2012
Posts: 420
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
only 500 or so yards separate the leader from the guy in 19th place. a couple of good/bad weeks can flip that entirely. plus, as we get deeper in to the season and fewer top shelf QB's are left to choose from, the real strategy and luck begins.

anything can still happen!


Yeah, I've been really careful about that. So far the guys I've used are 1, 9, 17, 19, 20 in yards per game overall, and I have 27 this week. And still, I'm in 8th place. A lot of it is about matchups. It helps to be a little lucky too. Very Happy


Used: 1, 5, 9, 20, 21 and this weeking #4. Still have a lot of good ones left to use Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48566
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
only 500 or so yards separate the leader from the guy in 19th place. a couple of good/bad weeks can flip that entirely. plus, as we get deeper in to the season and fewer top shelf QB's are left to choose from, the real strategy and luck begins.

anything can still happen!


Yeah, I've been really careful about that. So far the guys I've used are 1, 9, 17, 19, 20 in yards per game overall, and I have 27 this week. And still, I'm in 8th place. A lot of it is about matchups. It helps to be a little lucky too. Very Happy


Used: 1, 5, 9, 20, 21 and this weeking #4. Still have a lot of good ones left to use Very Happy


Same, a lot of the good ones have taken a while to get going too. I figure the greater potential for output from the elite QBs will probably be around midseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 6182
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the strategy of picking a prolific passer against a weak opponent doesn't always work. Most teams tend to scale down their passing attacks once they get a big lead.

Sad
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75241
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: Stafford
Week 2: Brady
Week 3: Luck
Week 4: Rodgers
Week 5: Dalton


Week 6: Matt Ryan
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 5120
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Also, the strategy of picking a prolific passer against a weak opponent doesn't always work. Most teams tend to scale down their passing attacks once they get a big lead.

Sad


I agree maybe take the prolific passer on the road vs a weaker home opponent (but not to weak).

jus 2cents
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
husker_vikes3


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 14688
Location: Omaha, NE
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:
Week 1: Stafford
Week 2: Brady
Week 3: Brees
Week 4: Rodgers

Week 5: Rivers

Week 6: Big Ben
_________________


skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7337
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
milanb wrote:
Also, the strategy of picking a prolific passer against a weak opponent doesn't always work. Most teams tend to scale down their passing attacks once they get a big lead.

Sad


I agree maybe take the prolific passer on the road vs a weaker home opponent (but not to weak).

jus 2cents


I would add two cents too, but I don't want to give away all my secrets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15279
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: Alex Smith
Week 2: Eli Manning
Week 3: Tony Romo
Week 4: Joe Flacco
Week 5: Drew Brees


This season for the Detroit Kitties has really gone to the dogs. For that reason, I'll take:

Week 6: Michael Vick Wink
_________________

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AndyJ1134


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 1375
Location: South Metro
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: Matt Schaub
Week 2: Jay Cutler
Week 3: Andy Dalton
Week 4: Aaron Rodgers
Week 5: Phillip Rivers
____________________

Week 6: Christian Ponder

I hope I can still pick. Completely forgot to submit my QB this week. So hopefully I can still pick a QB who hasnt started yet!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15279
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyJ1134 wrote:
Week 1: Matt Schaub
Week 2: Jay Cutler
Week 3: Andy Dalton
Week 4: Aaron Rodgers
Week 5: Phillip Rivers
____________________

Week 6: Christian Ponder

I hope I can still pick. Completely forgot to submit my QB this week. So hopefully I can still pick a QB who hasnt started yet!


Shouldn't be a problem as long as you get the pick in before the games start. Good luck - especially with that pick!
_________________

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75241
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, i'm going to be on the road for a couple of days so probably won't be able to tabulate results until then, but i will.

i don't know where we sit with the Progressive Survivor Game, but with milanb's Marathon Survivor Game still active, plus this one, plus vikingsrule's Pick 'Em, that should be enough.

on to next week, and the Cardinals!
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 15 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group