Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Typical FF post...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Ok draft guru give us some of your thoughts about players around the country.
Laughing

I doubt anyone will be surprised by this response.
Ok here's a good one for you. Arkansas isn't very good.

I'm not gonna post about players just to get into a pissing contest with you. You like being a know it all and that's fine. Just know that you don't actually know it all.

Like I said I doubt the fact you won’t actually put an opinion in hard copy will surprise anyone…I have never proclaimed to know it all…I have never forced my opinion on anyone and everyone can take it for what they will…but if you’re going to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about let’s see you put an opinion out there and back it up…rather than looking at things in hindsight.
Me saying that Brown isn't playing like a potential first round pick is hindsight?

I never said Brown was going to be a 1st round pick…all I said was that he has a similar skill set to Beason when he was coming out of college…Brown would have to have the same kind of offseason as Beason to get 1st round consideration…I feel if Brown shows great athleticism like he has on the field at the combine…ticks all the boxes in his interviews and puts solid play on the field on tape he has a shot at going early to mid-2nd round in this draft class…he is only a junior so if he returns who knows where he could go in 2014.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Laughing

I'm not gonna post about players just to get into a pissing contest with you. You like being a know it all and that's fine. Just know that you don't actually know it all.

Like I said I doubt the fact you won’t actually put an opinion in hard copy will surprise anyone…I have never proclaimed to know it all…I have never forced my opinion on anyone and everyone can take it for what they will…but if you’re going to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about let’s see you put an opinion out there and back it up…rather than looking at things in hindsight.
Me saying that Brown isn't playing like a potential first round pick is hindsight?

I never said Brown was going to be a 1st round pick…all I said was that he has a similar skill set to Beason when he was coming out of college…Brown would have to have the same kind of offseason as Beason to get 1st round consideration…I feel if Brown shows great athleticism like he has on the field at the combine…ticks all the boxes in his interviews and puts solid play on the field on tape he has a shot at going early to mid-2nd round in this draft class…he is only a junior so if he returns who knows where he could go in 2014.
And again I state that is a very rich comparison for a player who has never played as well as Jon Beason has. Beason was a better college player with much instincts, a much better tackler and much stronger.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Laughing

And again I state that is a very rich comparison for a player who has never played as well as Jon Beason has. Beason was a better college player with much instincts, a much better tackler and much stronger.

I disagree.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te’o looks pretty good running out at Soldier Field…even in that horrible new Irish uniform lol.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Emery recently said he attended the LSU vs. Florida game…if he does he has to be hoping LSU MLB Kevin Minter declares…I question his listed size at 6-2” 245lbs but the guy is a real sideline to sideline player who also isn’t afraid to take on Olinemen in the hole…physical with great closing speed he reminds me more of a Lance Briggs type than a Brian Urlacher type of player but still he would be a welcome addition to our D…I’m starting to have a lot more confidence in the depth of this potential LB class than I did at the start of the season.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Phil Emery recently said he attended the LSU vs. Florida game…if he does he has to be hoping LSU MLB Kevin Minter declares…I question his listed size at 6-2” 245lbs but the guy is a real sideline to sideline player who also isn’t afraid to take on Olinemen in the hole…physical with great closing speed he reminds me more of a Lance Briggs type than a Brian Urlacher type of player but still he would be a welcome addition to our D…I’m starting to have a lot more confidence in the depth of this potential LB class than I did at the start of the season.

Bears need to get more defensive playmakers in the fold. The vets are playing well now but the time to plan for the future is now.

And LSU/Florida? Did Jerry Angelo even pay attention to the SEC besides Vandy in the latter half of his time in Chicago? Laughing
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Bears need to get more defensive playmakers in the fold. The vets are playing well now but the time to plan for the future is now.

And LSU/Florida? Did Jerry Angelo even pay attention to the SEC besides Vandy in the latter half of his time in Chicago? Laughing

Someone assured him once they weren’t actually in the SEC Wink Laughing
bears2308

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Its nice to hear our GM attends college games. Whether it be to scout or just an all around love for the game. Like IronMike said, did Jerry ever do this? The entire board was full of nay-saying (rightfully so) so I'm not sure if news about him that wasn't related to his job would get to our forum.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Someone assured him once they weren’t actually in the SEC Wink Laughing

I can totally see another GM convincing Jerry that Vandy is in the Big 10 and Florida is in the ACC.

Looking back, Angelo tapped Florida a LOT during his early years, but he also was nuts for the Pac 12, Big 12, and Mountain West throughout his tenure. I'm not saying that good players don't come out of every conference, but it was surprising to see how little he pulled from the SEC, the powerhouse conference of NCAA football, from 2009 through 2011.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big 10 football is so boring to watch.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Blasphemy, my hawks are 2-0 baby.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Blasphemy, my hawks are 2-0 baby.
And that was the game I was watching. Wink

Also I hope the William Gholston hype is dead. I forgot he was even in that game. No impact what so ever.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Sheldon Richardson is getting his – handed to him tonight by the Alabama Oline…maybe not the best idea to talk about a conference before you take a snap in it Laughing
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke Motta is a really good football player. I wouldn't mind asking him to gain some weight and play LB.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how about those Illinois D prospects.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: