Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Typical FF post...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gotta put this in there... for no reason really other than the fact that illinois had the #7 ranked defense nationally last year.. The ILLINI have 4 potential first rounders this year in Akeem Spence DT and Jonathan Brown LB (if they decide to go pro after the season), Terry Hawthorne CB, Michael Buchanan DE (overshadowed by mercilus last year).

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mosley is a better player then Hodges. It's just the leg injury.

Gayle could be a top 10 pick if he puts it all together. I think he'll go early as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not a fan of early safeties. I like our depth at the position. It all depends on how healthy our guys stay.

I think Mosley would be great at MLB in our scheme…Hodges would be great on the outside…

I’m not really a fan of taking safeties early either unless they are Eric Berry types but eventually you have to try and lock the position down instead of using draft picks every year…8 drafts in a row trying to find a long term solution is a worry.
Our next draft (barring some steal by Emery) should definitely be concentrated on defense. LB, S, should be the first two picks. Our problem at safety is serious because we can't keep them healthy not so much because of making bad picks.

Dear God please not another safety... At least in the first 2 rounds. That would be terrible. I'd go with LB and CB as our first 2 picks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say LB, CB/DE, and OL should be the first 3 picks

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Just gotta put this in there... for no reason really other than the fact that illinois had the #7 ranked defense nationally last year.. The ILLINI have 4 potential first rounders this year in Akeem Spence DT and Jonathan Brown LB (if they decide to go pro after the season), Terry Hawthorne CB, Michael Buchanan DE (overshadowed by mercilus last year).

#illini

4 MORE DAYS
4 potential draft picks. Not 1st round picks. Wink
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how nobody has the slightest clue of what the 2013 draft will look like or where the Bears will pick, but everybody already has the round-by-round position choices made. Laughing
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I like how nobody has the slightest clue of what the 2013 draft will look like or where the Bears will pick, but everybody already has the round-by-round position choices made. Laughing
Lots of people have a clue.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mosley is a better player then Hodges. It's just the leg injury.

Gayle could be a top 10 pick if he puts it all together. I think he'll go early as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not a fan of early safeties. I like our depth at the position. It all depends on how healthy our guys stay.

I think Mosley would be great at MLB in our scheme…Hodges would be great on the outside…

I’m not really a fan of taking safeties early either unless they are Eric Berry types but eventually you have to try and lock the position down instead of using draft picks every year…8 drafts in a row trying to find a long term solution is a worry.
Our next draft (barring some steal by Emery) should definitely be concentrated on defense. LB, S, should be the first two picks. Our problem at safety is serious because we can't keep them healthy not so much because of making bad picks.

Dear God please not another safety... At least in the first 2 rounds. That would be terrible. I'd go with LB and CB as our first 2 picks.

Why would another safety be terrible? It's obvious we need at least one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

That would be a false statement. All 4 of those players have 1st round talent... If not then first 2-3 rounds... No further than that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

That would be a false statement. All 4 of those players have 1st round talent... If not then first 2-3 rounds... No further than that
So there's no chance any of those players falls past the 3rd? That's a very bold statement. I'd be shocked if any go in the 1st.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

So there's no chance any of those players falls past the 3rd? That's a very bold statement. I'd be shocked if any go in the 1st.

I never said they were a lock. But if they play up to their expectations this year I really do believe they are top 3 round talent (as i said up there). Now, that's barring a disappointing season/injury. But yes, expectations are very high on those 4 players. B1G network was there for a practice a few weeks ago and said they have multiple top round talent players on the defense.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

I never said they were a lock. But if they play up to their expectations this year I really do believe they are top 3 round talent (as i said up there). Now, that's barring a disappointing season/injury. But yes, expectations are very high on those 4 players. B1G network was there for a practice a few weeks ago and said they have multiple top round talent players on the defense.
You said no further then round 2-3.

Yes they are talented, but being talented doesnt mean you're a first round pick.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

Yes they are talented, but being talented doesnt mean you're a first round pick.

I said no father than 3rd talent wise... Well see. All 4 are the real deal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

They're all good college players. I personally don't have a starting grade on any of them yet. Hawthorne has the highest upside imo.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

#illini

4 MORE DAYS

They're all good college players. I personally don't have a starting grade on any of them yet. Hawthorne has the highest upside imo.

I agree

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With their 1st round pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Chicago Bears select…an Alabama defender lol…

I’m not a fan of Nick Saban as a guy but he sure knows how to coach up a defence…CB Dee Milliner or LB C.J Mosley would be great fits for us…as would any of their 3 interior Olinemen for that matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: