Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Typical FF post...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VeniceBearsFan


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 2332
Location: Venice, Florida
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Typical FF post... Reply with quote

I'm excited for a great season of bears football and I have hopes (as always). with that being said I like watching my college football on saturdays and here's a few guys considered to be the top of their postions going into the college football season that are worth giving a look IMO

(no way we draft all these people. just saying these guys should be obviously scouted)

Offense:
Center Khaled Holmes, USC
Center Graham Pocic, Illinois
Guard Chance Warmack, Alabama
Tackle Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Tackle Chris Faulk, LSU
Tight End Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Wide Receiver Robert Woods, USC

Defense:
OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State (my favorite college football team)
MLB Shayne Skov, Stanford
CB David Amerson, North Carolina State
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State (more bias here lol)
CB Tyrann "honeybadger" Mathieu, TBD
DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State (pattern here)

so going into this season let's see how the offensive line holds up. I think the offense looked pretty darn good the last two games even for preseason so the only need for the future would be more of a threat from the tight end position and a replacement for Garza (or spencer if he moves to center in place of garza)

defensively it's clear we need an immediate replacement for urlacher. this could very well be his final year and we need a replacement ASAP. biggest need IMO. also some talent at the CB position is needed and like the giants have shown you can never have enough pass rushers.

here's to a great season and picking 32 in the draft!
_________________
ADOPT A BEAR= SHEA McCLELLIN

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16610
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard Honey Badger is going to take the year off, enter rehab and return to LSU the following year.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2892
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Last I heard Honey Badger is going to take the year off, enter rehab and return to LSU the following year.



If not Honey Badger, how about this "Honey"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEmuTX_HaNQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Last I heard Honey Badger is going to take the year off, enter rehab and return to LSU the following year.



If not Honey Badger, how about this "Honey"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEmuTX_HaNQ


Those are just creepy Sad
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my early watch list for the season…

OT…Taylor Lewan…Michigan
OT…Brennan Williams…North Carolina
OG…Alvin Bailey…Arkansas
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Larry Warford…Kentucky
OG…Omoregie Uzzi…Georgia Tech
C…Khaled Holmes…USC
C…Matt Stankiewitch…Penn State
C…Braxston Cave…Notre Dame

DE…Brandon Jenkins…Florida State
DE…James Gayle…Virginia Tech
DT…Johnathon Hankins…Ohio State
DT…Bennie Logan…LSU
DT…Kawann Short…Purdue
DT…Jesse Williams…Alabama
DT…Johnathan Jenkins…Georgia
DT…Sylvester Williams…North Carolina
DT…Sharrif Floyd…Florida
DT…Kaleb Ramsey…Boston College
DT…Akeem Spence…Illinois
DT…Jordan Hill…Penn State
LB…Gerald Hodges…Penn State
LB…C.J. Mosley…Alabama
LB…Manti Te'o…Nortre Dame
LB…Kevin Reddick…North Carolina
LB…Bruce Taylor…Virginia Tech
LB…Jonathan Brown…Illinois
LB…Jelani Jenkins…Florida
LB…Alonzo Highsmith…Arkansas
LB…Arthur Brown…Kansas State
LB…Jon Bostic…Florida
CB…David Amerson…NC State
CB…Johnthan Banks…Miss State
CB…Xavier Rhodes…Florida State
CB…Dee Milliner…Alabama
CB…Micah Hyde…Iowa
CB…Justin Gilbert…Oklahoma State
CB…Carrington Byndom…Texas
CB…Jordan Poyer…Oregon State
CB…Desmond Trufant…Washington
CB…Kyle Fuller…Virginia Tech
CB…Logan Ryan…Rutgers
S…Eric Reid…LSU
S…T.J. McDonald…USC
S…Robert Lester…Alabama
S…Brandan Bishop…NC State

As you can probably tell with there being far more defenders on this list I reckon we have to go defence early and often and use free agency to improve areas of the offence that might be in need.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs


Last edited by Madmike90 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Emerry's guys to be heavily scouting interior linemen and defensive playmakers this fall.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VeniceBearsFan


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 2332
Location: Venice, Florida
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Madmike in that this draft is defense heavy and we should go defense early on. One thing I noticed from watching past drafts is that sometimes you can't just draft people that you need or people that "fit your scheme" you have to go with whats given to you sometimes and build your team around that.
_________________
ADOPT A BEAR= SHEA McCLELLIN

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5485
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of athletic LBs this year. I love Teo but he's a likely 1st rounder and isn't a perfect fit for our scheme. Hodges from Penn State is my personal favorite so far. Reddick is very overrated.

This is another big year for DEs. I'm not a Brandon Jenkins fan at all. He's a mid rounder imo. He needs a big season. I really like the kid from Virginia Tech. He could be a first rounder. Gholston is the most overrated player in the country.

Obviously things can change but it looks like LT in the first for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
A lot of athletic LBs this year. I love Teo but he's a likely 1st rounder and isn't a perfect fit for our scheme. Hodges from Penn State is my personal favorite so far. Reddick is very overrated.

This is another big year for DEs. I'm not a Brandon Jenkins fan at all. He's a mid rounder imo. He needs a big season. I really like the kid from Virginia Tech. He could be a first rounder. Gholston is the most overrated player in the country.

Obviously things can change but it looks like LT in the first for us.


Yeah I think the LB class really fits what we like to have at the position…I’m not real high on Te’o to be honest…I think he is a rock solid player who makes the plays that he should but what I don’t see is him making plays that most LBs can’t…in 3 years he has 27.5 TFL…that’s not overly impressive…but who knows he might up that as a senior and live up to his potential…I’m also big fan of Hodges & Jonathan Brown out of Illinois…another LB I’m interested to see is C.J Mosley…as a rookie he was very impressive but due to injury feel off a little last year…hopefully if he is fully and can get back to being a real sideline to sideline player…

DE James Gayle out of Virginia Tech ran a 4.44 forty and recorded a 39.5” vertical at 6-3” 267lbs during spring testing…if he stays healthy I see him as a surprise 1st round pick too…

Hopefully we won’t need to take an OT but I agree it’s likely…I really want to add some speed and youth to the D…a position I wouldn’t mind drafting in round 1 at this point that might surprise some is safety…8 drafts in a row we have spent a draft pick on the safety position…we have to find a long term bonified answer at the spot…McDonald & Reid would form a really good combination with Conte and hopefully put an end to us spending resources at the position.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5485
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
A lot of athletic LBs this year. I love Teo but he's a likely 1st rounder and isn't a perfect fit for our scheme. Hodges from Penn State is my personal favorite so far. Reddick is very overrated.

This is another big year for DEs. I'm not a Brandon Jenkins fan at all. He's a mid rounder imo. He needs a big season. I really like the kid from Virginia Tech. He could be a first rounder. Gholston is the most overrated player in the country.

Obviously things can change but it looks like LT in the first for us.


Yeah I think the LB class really fits what we like to have at the position…I’m not real high on Te’o to be honest…I think he is a rock solid player who makes the plays that he should but what I don’t see is him making plays that most LBs can’t…in 3 years he has 27.5 TFL…that’s not overly impressive…but who knows he might up that as a senior and live up to his potential…I’m also big fan of Hodges & Jonathan Brown out of Illinois…another LB I’m interested to see is C.J Mosley…as a rookie he was very impressive but due to injury feel off a little last year…hopefully if he is fully and can get back to being a real sideline to sideline player…

DE James Gayle out of Virginia Tech ran a 4.44 forty and recorded a 39.5” vertical at 6-3” 267lbs during spring testing…if he stays healthy I see him as a surprise 1st round pick too…

Hopefully we won’t need to take an OT but I agree it’s likely…I really want to add some speed and youth to the D…a position I wouldn’t mind drafting in round 1 at this point that might surprise some is safety…8 drafts in a row we have spent a draft pick on the safety position…we have to find a long term bonified answer at the spot…McDonald & Reid would form a really good combination with Conte and hopefully put an end to us spending resources at the position.
I think Mosley is a better player then Hodges. It's just the leg injury.

Gayle could be a top 10 pick if he puts it all together. I think he'll go early as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not a fan of early safeties. I like our depth at the position. It all depends on how healthy our guys stay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chronickerr


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 214
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Gholston is the most overrated player in the country.


How do you figure this? He's a beast physically and has only been playing DE for two years (was a LB in high school). I feel like with a real strong junior year this season he could be a 1st round pick and someone I'd take a look at if he happened to fall furthur than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I think Mosley is a better player then Hodges. It's just the leg injury.

Gayle could be a top 10 pick if he puts it all together. I think he'll go early as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not a fan of early safeties. I like our depth at the position. It all depends on how healthy our guys stay.


I think Mosley would be great at MLB in our scheme…Hodges would be great on the outside…

I’m not really a fan of taking safeties early either unless they are Eric Berry types but eventually you have to try and lock the position down instead of using draft picks every year…8 drafts in a row trying to find a long term solution is a worry.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5485
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronickerr wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Gholston is the most overrated player in the country.


How do you figure this? He's a beast physically and has only been playing DE for two years (was a LB in high school). I feel like with a real strong junior year this season he could be a 1st round pick and someone I'd take a look at if he happened to fall furthur than that.
He's not really a beast physically. His height weight is good. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5485
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mosley is a better player then Hodges. It's just the leg injury.

Gayle could be a top 10 pick if he puts it all together. I think he'll go early as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not a fan of early safeties. I like our depth at the position. It all depends on how healthy our guys stay.


I think Mosley would be great at MLB in our scheme…Hodges would be great on the outside…

I’m not really a fan of taking safeties early either unless they are Eric Berry types but eventually you have to try and lock the position down instead of using draft picks every year…8 drafts in a row trying to find a long term solution is a worry.
I think Hodges could play MLB for us but he'd be a better OLB. Hodges needs to get bigger and stronger though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7911
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mosley is a better player then Hodges. It's just the leg injury.

Gayle could be a top 10 pick if he puts it all together. I think he'll go early as a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not a fan of early safeties. I like our depth at the position. It all depends on how healthy our guys stay.


I think Mosley would be great at MLB in our scheme…Hodges would be great on the outside…

I’m not really a fan of taking safeties early either unless they are Eric Berry types but eventually you have to try and lock the position down instead of using draft picks every year…8 drafts in a row trying to find a long term solution is a worry.
Our next draft (barring some steal by Emery) should definitely be concentrated on defense. LB, S, should be the first two picks. Our problem at safety is serious because we can't keep them healthy not so much because of making bad picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group