Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Avril for MJD???
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Avril for MJD??? Reply with quote

Maurice Jones Drew has not reported to camp yet because he wants to renegotiate his contract. He has 2 years left on a 5 year, $31 million contract.

So would it make sense to trade Avril to the Jags for MJD? Even though Jacksonville drafted Andre Branch in the second round, they could still use a quality DE. We have Leshore and Best, but neither can stay on the field long enough to be worth much. If we can come to
agreement on Avril long term, replacing him with a Pro-Bowl RB would be nice.

The trade most likely would not work straight-up. We could add Leshore and Burleson to the deal to sweeten the pot. Jacksonville could add DE Austin Lane. Picks could be swapped to balance it out.

Detroit gets: _______________Jacksonville gets:
RB Maurice Jones Drew_____________DE Cliff Avril
DE Austin Lacey___________________RB Mikel Leshore
_______________________________WR Nate Burleson
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Avril for MJD??? Reply with quote

Sorry, but just a not a good trade.

We lose our #2/#3 receiver with who to replace him? Broyles is likely headed to PUP and behind him... Mikel LeShoure is young and not much mileage on him - Even with the Achilles injury he is only 22 and is over a year removed from it.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love MJD...
in fantasy football...
for this year...

He simply has to many miles on those legs to warrant the kind of deal he's gonna want. I'd rather keep Avril for this year, and see what kind how the front office is gonna want to deal with the situation when the time is right.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I would be inclined to move Avril and getting a top flight running back in return would certainly be intriguing.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd gladly trade MJD for Avril. Not sure about what other pieces would need to be added in, but I'd definitely do it.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
I'd gladly trade MJD for Avril. Not sure about what other pieces would need to be added in, but I'd definitely do it.

This is me as well. I don't mind moving Avril, but when you start talking about giving away LeShoure who hasn't even gotten a chance to show what he can do yet and Burleson who is still our #2 WR, I hesitate.

A Avril for MJD swap would be fine for me. But with Jahvids health on the line, moving a young RB on a cheap contract is not ideal IMO, even when getting MJD in return.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
ahoda wrote:

This is me as well. I don't mind moving Avril, but when you start talking about giving away LeShoure who hasn't even gotten a chance to show what he can do yet and Burleson who is still our #2 WR, I hesitate.

A Avril for MJD swap would be fine for me. But with Jahvids health on the line, moving a young RB on a cheap contract is not ideal IMO, even when getting MJD in return.

Right. I was hesitant when it was just MJD for Avril. Throw in Burleson AND Leshoure too? Not a chance
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about this earlier in the offseason, but MJD wants too much money for what he'l be worth. He's going to start declining really fast, really soon. Avril on the other hand is young and has room to get better. I think a Avril for MJD trade straight up isn't enough value for us.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I thought about this earlier in the offseason, but MJD wants too much money for what he'l be worth. He's going to start declining really fast, really soon. Avril on the other hand is young and has room to get better. I think a Avril for MJD trade straight up isn't enough value for us.
Finally somebody with some sense.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to trade Avril I would rather just get draft picks. MJD is going to be just as expensive and will not last as long. I would not be happy with that move when our offense focuses on passing the ball, and our defense focuses on rushing the passer. I would rather keep our money in the spot that is our focus than spending big on a RB who likely won't be used to his full capacity.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD is only 27. Granted he has a lot of miles on him, but it doesnt seem to affect him. I expect him to be pro-bowl caliber for the next 3-5 years.
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
I love MJD...
in fantasy football...
for this year...

He simply has to many miles on those legs to warrant the kind of deal he's gonna want. I'd rather keep Avril for this year, and see what kind how the front office is gonna want to deal with the situation when the time is right.

I dont know what the fantasy football comment means. His stats make him out to be better than he really is? Idk about that.

Also, the Jaguars have no one on offense besides MJD, so he's had to be a workhorse taking 30 carries a game. As a Lion, he will have Best and Smith to come in and give him a breather...not to mention we will still throw the ball about 60+% of the time. So overall, I think he will benefit as a Lion and it will help his longevity.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
MJD is only 27. Granted he has a lot of miles on him, but it doesnt seem to affect him. I expect him to be pro-bowl caliber for the next 3-5 years.

That's what everyone said about Ladanian too. I see 1 maybe 2 years of productivity. That is not worth it to me.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tominson's stats at 27, 28, and 29...

27 - 1,815 yards - 28 TDs
28 - 1,474 yards - 15 TDs
29 - 1,110 yards - 11 TDs

Theres an obvious decline, but thats still very good. At 30 and 31 its still pretty good

30 - 730 - 12 TDs
31 - 914 - 6 TDs

Also, Tomlinson had 2,050 attempts in his first 6 years and MJD has 1,484. Thats 2 seasons of attempts less. If Jones Drew can match these stats for the next 5 years, and with our passing game, we will have one of the best offenses for years.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
I love MJD...
in fantasy football...
for this year...

I dont know what the fantasy football comment means. His stats make him out to be better than he really is? Idk about that.

Also, the Jaguars have no one on offense besides MJD, so he's had to be a workhorse taking 30 carries a game. As a Lion, he will have Best and Smith to come in and give him a breather...not to mention we will still throw the ball about 60+% of the time. So overall, I think he will benefit as a Lion and it will help his longevity.

In fantasy football you don't have to worry about things like the salary cap, how long of a contract a player will demand, and how long they will actually last.

As heartless as it seems, once a RB has been as used up as MJD has his value goes way down imo.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: