Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stafford's diagnosis: broken blood vessel, will play week 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Stafford's diagnosis: broken blood vessel, will play week 1 Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055301/article/matthew-stafford-broke-blood-vessel-in-hand-against-raiders?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
Stafford practiced Monday without a bandage on his left hand, Twentyman reported.

Good to hear. It didn't look too bad when he was on the sideline, but it looked like a sprain--this isn't nearly as bad.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and it was on his non-throwing hand this time. He was at open practice without anything on it. He's good to go. Very Happy

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he bruised it?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I view any injury to Stafford as a bad omen.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
I view any injury to Stafford as a bad omen.

Shush you.

You going to jinx Anxious
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything with Stafford going to the sidelines because he is hurt makes me cringe. Glad he can make week 1 though.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Anything with Stafford going to the sidelines because he is hurt makes me cringe. Glad he can make week 1 though.

I definitely had a panic attack when he limped off the field during week 1 last year (leg cramp). That was not a fun moment.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god it isnt serious, I still nearly have a heart attack when anything happens to him Laughing

The Lions put so much on him, that without him as far as im concerned, forget the season Crying or Very sad

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Thank god it isnt serious, I still nearly have a heart attack when anything happens to him Laughing

The Lions put so much on him, that without him as far as im concerned, forget the season Crying or Very sad
pretty sad we are so dependant on one guy. especially with this line and how much we pass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:

pretty sad we are so dependant on one guy. especially with this line and how much we pass.
Seriously will you stop. The Packers would suck without Rodgers, the Patriots would suck without Brady, the Giants would suck without Manning, the Cowboys would suck without Romo. You notice the trend? The QB is the most important person in the field and when you lose that player, you lose games. The Texans may be the only example of a team that had succes without their starting QB.

R.I.P. Stylish
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:

Seriously will you stop. The Packers would suck without Rodgers, the Patriots would suck without Brady, the Giants would suck without Manning, the Cowboys would suck without Romo. You notice the trend? The QB is the most important person in the field and when you lose that player, you lose games. The Texans may be the only example of a team that had succes without their starting QB.

The Colts did suck without Manning.

Crazy how that works.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see... the pats got cassel payed and didnt suck...hmm matt flynn diced us when rodgers went down...hmm has eli been hurt?they have a run game to fall back on,with a better all around D. the colts sucked and we are follow ther same strategy for some dam reason. we will look like the colts did if we lose stafford

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
lets see... the pats got cassel payed and didnt suck...hmm matt flynn diced us when rodgers went down...hmm has eli been hurt?they have a run game to fall back on,with a better all around D. the colts sucked and we are follow ther same strategy for some dam reason. we will look like the colts did if we lose stafford
Cassel and Flynn are good QB's. Eli hasn't been hurt IIRC, but they sure as hell wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without him.

R.I.P. Stylish
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
Cassel and Flynn are good QB's. Eli hasn't been hurt IIRC, but they sure as hell wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without him.
oh so your assuming... flynn cant beat out a what 5th rd rook... and cassel and good should never be in the same sentence. was ther a point to this? like ive said trends and i dont like em and will not build my team that way. and thats the feel i get

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
oh so your assuming... flynn cant beat out a what 5th rd rook... and cassel and good should never be in the same sentence. was ther a point to this? like ive said trends and i dont like em and will not build my team that way. and thats the feel i get
Flynn got beat out by a 3rd round rookie with 1st round talent and 5th round size (reason why he got drafted late). Cassel got screwed in Haley's system.

You don't like trends? Teams are built based on trends, get over it.

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: