Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tony Softli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Tony Softli Reply with quote

OK, I think its time to finally address this.

Some of you have used Mr. Softli as a 'source' in the past, quoting his tweets as if they are something to be taken as gospel sometimes. Apparently some of you arent able to actually comprehend the ineptitude of many of his comments.

Ive seen 100x better analysis from guys right here who dont have 1/100 of the access or game film that he does. And even worse, the guys around here dont get paid to do it like he does.

Just because 101ESPN calls him a "Rams Insider" doesnt mean he really is. Most guys that people call "Insiders" have no more sources than you or I do. (They now call Tom Casey a "Blues Insider" just because he is a big fan, its a joke) Heck most of Softli's inside scoops come from things he sees other people on twitter say and then passes it off as he has heard it himself. Theres times when he has just copied and pasted what someone else had, hash-tags and all.

Places like Turf Show Times and Joe Sports Fan have homages to his absurdities, and they are quite entertaining. Im not deliberately trying to cut the man down, Im just presenting what he does himself. And in his most recent show of professionalism, he got upset at Matt Sebeck and its not the first time he has gone after him.
Via Twitter wrote:
MattSebek wrote:
Should have watched more tape on Jason Smith. RT @SoftliSTL: Headed to the basement to watch some tape on Wayne Hunter
Tony Softli wrote:
@MattSebek I watched plenty of tape on Jason Smith Smart [inappropriate/removed]!
Tony Softli wrote:
@MattSebek you do a great job of hiding behind that key board come on down to Rams park someday and pay us a visit.

Im sorry, but just Stop trying to pass this man off as a credible source. Not to mention some of the just absolutely laughable stuff he has spewed on live radio. Remember this is one of the masterminds behind that Jason Smith pick. If you want to see the blame game, go to his Twitter today for every excuse on why Jason Smith didn't pan out. Theres a reason he is working for 101ESPN and no other NFL team wanted anything to do with him
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! I'm not a fan of this guy. I downloaded team stream on my phone and he's ALWAYS posting things on the rams and I find myself shaking my head at half of the things he says

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
tim199009

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you that softli shouldnt be taken seriously. But while we are on the topic i see sometimes people here mention turfshowtimes, or other sbnation blogs as a source, when they shouldnt be taken seriously either. In fact most of the writers on there just spew out the same regurgitated crap everyone else talks about except in long drawn out paragraphs. Most of it is opinionated and has no basis. I know its just a blog, but keep in mind that it should only be viewed for entertainment purposes. Just wanted to point that out.

Every one feel free to send your Bitcoins here:
16o9K2FJ7qYtGR2mypgFnQ2ee5H3p4vnR7

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
D9-EM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why Howard Balzer got fired from 101? Just curious.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
Wow. I couldn't stand listening to him.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
D9-EM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
D9-EM wrote:

That seems to be the popular response... Why did you? Very Happy

OP- Anyone with half a brain should be skeptical toward anything heard from the media. (sports, politics or whatever) Who exactly is driving you crazy with this Softli stuff? Venting? What is this? Confused
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
D9-EM wrote:

zach mcrite (sp) is 10x worse. I feel like when he's talking he's yelling right in my ear..

El Ramster on this beaut!
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked Howard Balzer.

I pretty much hate everything else on 101 though. I listen to Bernie when I have the time, and will listen to the fastlane sometimes just for entertainment purposes.
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guy those guys get paid for what they do so they must be right,right? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
OP- Anyone with half a brain should be skeptical toward anything heard from the media. (sports, politics or whatever) Who exactly is driving you crazy with this Softli stuff? Venting? What is this? Confused
Im aware of that, but atleast guys like Jim Thomas are Reporting things, most people in St Louis no longer actually report anything, they all try and pass off their hair-brain thoughts as facts or scoups they picked up from someone. Even Bernie does it.

Because no one in St Louis has held these guys accountable, and now that there is no real competition to 101, most of them have turned into bloggers. The wild west of writing, where no one is accountable and all you have to do is "sources say" even if that source is Joe Blow at the end of the bar.

This was prompted because I often see people bring up points that Softli has made, even if they arent attributing the quote or thought to him. And the latest baby rant of "dont you dare criticize me" on twitter just showed how absurd he really is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: