Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions place Jahvid Best on PUP, Won't play for first 6 weeks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Lions place Jahvid Best on PUP, Won't play for first 6 weeks Reply with quote

Quote:
#Lions officially place RB Jahvid Best on the PUP list, he won't be able to play or practice with the team for the first 6 weeks of the year

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/240173933733761024
Tom Brady Tribute
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hardly say I'm shocked. Wouldn't surprise me if he went on IR after week 6.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
I can hardly say I'm shocked. Wouldn't surprise me if he went on IR after week 6.

Hr wont. He's just getting extra rest so we can hope he's symptom free when the season matters most.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

Hr wont. He's just getting extra rest so we can hope he's symptom free when the season matters most.

A week one win means the exact same thing as a week 7 win. Just sayin. Wink

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's starting at rb week one? I know Smith just got hurt too as Leshoure is suspended.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be sick though when he comes back when everyone is all hurt and dinged up. Kind of like Kevin Smith last year.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Who's starting at rb week one? I know Smith just got hurt too as Leshoure is suspended.

Smith will be fine, just tweaked his ankle. He could have returned to the game if it mattered. We also have Keiland Williams and Joique Bell. Not the best group of RBs in the league, but it's what he have right now. At least until LeShoure comes back week 3.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

A week one win means the exact same thing as a week 7 win. Just sayin. Wink

Confused
38andy38

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else get the feeling this case involves more than the Lions organization? Seems like big brother is either watching this extremely close, and have told the Lions as much or they actually have a hand in Best's timeline because of the latest attention this touchy subject has garnered lately.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
Anyone else get the feeling this case involves more than the Lions organization? Seems like big brother is either watching this extremely close, and have told the Lions as much or they actually have a hand in Best's timeline because of the latest attention this touchy subject has garnered lately.

That's an interesting idea. I'm sure his return is being watched closely.

I suspect the Doctors are extremely reluctant to clear Best medically because of his concussion history and the ease with which he suffered his last concussion.

Months ago Best claimed he felt fine. So if he feels fine that would indicate he is symptom free.

This long symptom free and being held out six weeks suggests, in my opinion, something is showing up on the scans.

If that's the case, at this point in time I don't believe we will see him again.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
38andy38 wrote:

I suspect the Doctors are extremely reluctant to clear Best medically because of his concussion history and the ease with which he suffered his last concussion.

Months ago Best claimed he felt fine. So if he feels fine that would indicate he is symptom free.

This long symptom free and being held out six weeks suggests, in my opinion, something is showing up on the scans.

If that's the case, at this point in time I don't believe we will see him again.

That is an interesting scenario as well. My line of work is much less dangerous and I can't find any doctor to clear me. My "theory" is based on the fact that doctors are so scared of getting sued if something goes wrong, they take the cautious road more often than not. Same might be said for Best.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not shocking at all.

What happens if he is not medically cleared after the PUP? Sent to the IR?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
38andy38 wrote:

That is an interesting scenario as well. My line of work is much less dangerous and I can't find any doctor to clear me. My "theory" is based on the fact that doctors are so scared of getting sued if something goes wrong, they take the cautious road more often than not. Same might be said for Best.

I could be wrong but I don't think the fear of legal ramifications are the same for Doctors clearing players to play in the NFL. I don't think they're holding him out based on fear. I think there must be evidence of the injury showing up on the scans.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suprise, though I am in the camp that Best will never play another snap of professional football unfortunatley, I so hope im wrong though.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes me think of that crosby (sp) guy. how he took a year off, maybe best just needs to do the same. not tryn to kill anyone just to make the playoffs..i think we need to just put him on ir, fill his spot and forget about him this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: