Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster Cut Down Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6517
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
So per cuts, our official (for now) 53 man roster looks like this

QB- Alex, Kaepernick, Tolzien
RB- Gore, Jacobs, Hunter, James, Dixon, Miller
TE- Davis, Walker, Celek
WR- Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Ginn, Jenkins
OL- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, L Davis
DL- Justin Smith, McDonald, Sopoaga, Williams, Dobbs, Tuakufu, RJF
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Grant, Gooden
OLB- Aldon, Brooks, Haralson
CB- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock
S- Goldson, Whitner, Robinson, Spillman, McBath
ST- Akers, Lee, Jennings


And we now have an official, 8 man Practice Squad

Quote:
#49ers announce practice squad: DT Jerod-Eddie, LB C.Johnson, DT Masifilo, T Netter, WR Palmer, S M.Thomas,T Wiggins, LB Wilhoite


https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/241985721517342721

Along side Darius Fleming and Jewel Hampton on PUP or Non-Football Injury list.

Players from camp officially gone to other teams- Colin Jones (Panthers), Mike Person (Colts), Konrad Reuland (Jets), Chris Owusu (Practice Squad- Chargers), and Chase Beeler (Practice Squad- Eagles).
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10504
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty crazy to think about some of the guys we've cut and how far we have come in the past couple years. Owusu, Palmer, Josh Johnson, Reuland, Person, Frrancis, Bhakari(sp?) Michael Thomas, Cartwright.

All of those guys played consistently well through out the pre-season and they all were cut and resigned by other teams within the day(iirc). It's sad for them, but it goes to show how talented we are.

Also, OJ Atogwe was cut.
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22740
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling with only a few OLB's again?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13265
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Rolling with only a few OLB's again?



I think Larry Grant could do a decent job in an emergency role.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
It's pretty crazy to think about some of the guys we've cut and how far we have come in the past couple years. Owusu, Palmer, Josh Johnson, Reuland, Person, Frrancis, Bhakari(sp?) Michael Thomas, Cartwright.

All of those guys played consistently well through out the pre-season and they all were cut and resigned by other teams within the day(iirc). It's sad for them, but it goes to show how talented we are.

Also, OJ Atogwe was cut.


Man remember when all of us wanted Atogwe badly?
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3762
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Rolling with only a few OLB's again?


or maybe we'll bring back Bruce Davis for the fourth time Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Rolling with only a few OLB's again?



I think Larry Grant could do a decent job in an emergency role.


Dobbs also said he is willing to do OLB.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13265
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Rolling with only a few OLB's again?



I think Larry Grant could do a decent job in an emergency role.


Dobbs also said he is willing to do OLB.



Sure, he's willing to do anything. But would he be efficient? At his weight, he can't run as fast as a real LB. Grant is quite thick, over 250lbs, quick and has transferable skills. Dobbs can pass rush from a three-point stance. Grant has blitzed from the LB position before.

As I said, as an emergency OLB, I'll put Grant on the field. Or we play our nickel sets the rest of the game. If two out of three OLB gets injured, we'll simply leave either Justin or RayMac at DE on the nickel set and replace him with Sopoaga, Dobbs or Tukuafu at DT, in my opinion. It would still be a monster of a line.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8983
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Arizona and SF each put in a waiver claim for former Dolphins LB Jamaal Westerman, who was awarded to Cardinals.


Well we're looking for another lber.
So mcbath or celek still get cut if we find one.

Damn cards
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1091
Location: SF
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're adding Clark Haggans.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-needy-49ers-poised-to-acquire-ex-cardinal-haggans.html

Merriman's knees must really be shot.
_________________

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
in po we trust


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 1433
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
We're adding Clark Haggans.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-needy-49ers-poised-to-acquire-ex-cardinal-haggans.html

Merriman's knees must really be shot.


Ew.. Although I think he'll be gone once Haralson comes back. Still, he was responsible for Anthony Davis' 2 best pass blocking games as a rookie when Davis was absolutely struggling mightily. Can't imagine Haggan's gotten any better as a pass rusher since then.
_________________
*Free Joe Looney!



*(as an extra blocker)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13265
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
We're adding Clark Haggans.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-needy-49ers-poised-to-acquire-ex-cardinal-haggans.html

Merriman's knees must really be shot.


Ew.. Although I think he'll be gone once Haralson comes back. Still, he was responsible for Anthony Davis' 2 best pass blocking games as a rookie when Davis was absolutely struggling mightily. Can't imagine Haggan's gotten any better as a pass rusher since then.



I think he's known for bringing donuts to defensive meeting. That must be the reason of the interest.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 12527
Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Rolling with only a few OLB's again?



I think Larry Grant could do a decent job in an emergency role.


Dobbs also said he is willing to do OLB.



Sure, he's willing to do anything. But would he be efficient? At his weight, he can't run as fast as a real LB. Grant is quite thick, over 250lbs, quick and has transferable skills. Dobbs can pass rush from a three-point stance. Grant has blitzed from the LB position before.

As I said, as an emergency OLB, I'll put Grant on the field. Or we play our nickel sets the rest of the game. If two out of three OLB gets injured, we'll simply leave either Justin or RayMac at DE on the nickel set and replace him with Sopoaga, Dobbs or Tukuafu at DT, in my opinion. It would still be a monster of a line.

I don't think that grant would be an effective olb in the 34... his skill set just doesn't transfer well. I think if anyone goes down we could move to a 43 and not miss a beat. Aldon is basically a de anyways and brooks is adapt at putting his hand in the dirt. I would rather put rjf in at "olb" than grant. Or have ray-ice-rjf-smith as our front if both guys go down. We already mix in a lot of hybrid looks anyways. Fangio is smart enough to figure it out and I doubt he puts grant at olb for more than part of a game
_________________
FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13265
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Rolling with only a few OLB's again?



I think Larry Grant could do a decent job in an emergency role.


Dobbs also said he is willing to do OLB.



Sure, he's willing to do anything. But would he be efficient? At his weight, he can't run as fast as a real LB. Grant is quite thick, over 250lbs, quick and has transferable skills. Dobbs can pass rush from a three-point stance. Grant has blitzed from the LB position before.

As I said, as an emergency OLB, I'll put Grant on the field. Or we play our nickel sets the rest of the game. If two out of three OLB gets injured, we'll simply leave either Justin or RayMac at DE on the nickel set and replace him with Sopoaga, Dobbs or Tukuafu at DT, in my opinion. It would still be a monster of a line.

I don't think that grant would be an effective olb in the 34... his skill set just doesn't transfer well. I think if anyone goes down we could move to a 43 and not miss a beat. Aldon is basically a de anyways and brooks is adapt at putting his hand in the dirt. I would rather put rjf in at "olb" than grant. Or have ray-ice-rjf-smith as our front if both guys go down. We already mix in a lot of hybrid looks anyways. Fangio is smart enough to figure it out and I doubt he puts grant at olb for more than part of a game



Yeah, that's pretty much what I added afterwards. I'd have Grant play OLB before having to resort to Dobbs, if anything. But if we somehow lose two OLBs in one game, we'll go with the nickel set, no matter what.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8983
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
Most popular waived player: OT Mike Person. He was claimed by Indy, Seattle, NE


guess he was better than i thought. we're low on tackles too
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group