Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcshiny wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Trim-Active-Roster-To-75/a27cbf0d-20c1-460a-9223-2b69e352efff

Traded
CB Kevin Barnes

Waived
RB Antwon Bailey
RB Lennon Creer
OL Chris Campbell
WR Sam Kirkland
LB Monte Lewis
OL Nick Martinez
TE Beau Reliford
QB Jonathan Crompton
OL James Lee
K Neil Rackers
OL Tony Moll

Injury Settlements
CB Morgan Trent
WR Lance Lewis

Reserve PUP
Jammal Brown

I think it's great that we were able to get something for Barnes, as it seems we were going to cut him anyway. The transition to the outside from the nickel obviously didn't work out but this move obviously means we've got confidence in Cedric Griffin.

I was surprised to see Reliford go now, as I thought a trade may be in the works for Cooley, but now the TE group is down to three I think it will stay in it's current makeup.

I also thought Crompton would be at least around for the Bucs game, given that Chappell and Gutierrez got some snaps in last year's corresponding matchup. Obviously he wasn't going to make the 53 though.

I'm a big fan of Gano so I'm pleased with the Rackers decision, but given how Graham hasn't attempted a field goal this preseason maybe it's a little early?

I'd like the team to go in a different direction from Brown as I'm not a fan, but stashing him on PUP makes sense as he can still be in a position to contribute.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1315387/Termination.png

^ As a sidenote, here is a shot of the piece of paper every player dreads, would be interesting to know which box was ticked for a few players we've had down the years Laughing

Thanks for sharing the termination document. Interesting to see what these guys receive as their dreams die... Very Happy

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
mcshiny wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Trim-Active-Roster-To-75/a27cbf0d-20c1-460a-9223-2b69e352efff

Traded
CB Kevin Barnes

Waived
RB Antwon Bailey
RB Lennon Creer
OL Chris Campbell
WR Sam Kirkland
LB Monte Lewis
OL Nick Martinez
TE Beau Reliford
QB Jonathan Crompton
OL James Lee
K Neil Rackers
OL Tony Moll

Injury Settlements
CB Morgan Trent
WR Lance Lewis

Reserve PUP
Jammal Brown

I think it's great that we were able to get something for Barnes, as it seems we were going to cut him anyway. The transition to the outside from the nickel obviously didn't work out but this move obviously means we've got confidence in Cedric Griffin.

I was surprised to see Reliford go now, as I thought a trade may be in the works for Cooley, but now the TE group is down to three I think it will stay in it's current makeup.

I also thought Crompton would be at least around for the Bucs game, given that Chappell and Gutierrez got some snaps in last year's corresponding matchup. Obviously he wasn't going to make the 53 though.

I'm a big fan of Gano so I'm pleased with the Rackers decision, but given how Graham hasn't attempted a field goal this preseason maybe it's a little early?

I'd like the team to go in a different direction from Brown as I'm not a fan, but stashing him on PUP makes sense as he can still be in a position to contribute.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1315387/Termination.png

^ As a sidenote, here is a shot of the piece of paper every player dreads, would be interesting to know which box was ticked for a few players we've had down the years Laughing

Thanks for sharing the termination document. Interesting to see what these guys receive as their dreams die... Very Happy
I was hoping Reliford would make the pratice squad but since he was cut so early I'm guessing that isn't going to happen.
mcshiny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
^ - Cooley, Davis, Paul, Paulsen

Right you are, forgot about Niles Embarassed
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Gano kicks the ball higher on his field goals from 45 yards and in also. He line drives everything. He's got to get that ball up in the air.

I agree with most of McShinny's post except about Barnes but I'll get over it, he's just been a fav of mine since his days at MD and I really didn't see anything out of CGriff as to why he should make the team.

I definitely agree with what he said about Jammal Brown. Yesterday I saw that he was scheduled to have Hip Surgery again. I mean seriously, it's time to move on from Brown. He should be cut.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-right-tackle-jammal-brown-has-more-hip-surgery-out-for-another-4-6-weeks/2012/08/27/9274d766-f087-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_story.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Hopefully Gano kicks the ball higher on his field goals from 45 yards and in also. He line drives everything. He's got to get that ball up in the air.

I agree with most of McShinny's post except about Barnes but I'll get over it, he's just been a fav of mine since his days at MD and I really didn't see anything out of CGriff as to why he should make the team.

I definitely agree with what he said about Jammal Brown. Yesterday I saw that he was scheduled to have Hip Surgery again. I mean seriously, it's time to move on from Brown. He should be cut.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-right-tackle-jammal-brown-has-more-hip-surgery-out-for-another-4-6-weeks/2012/08/27/9274d766-f087-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_story.html

I think if we put him on the PUP and if he doesn't come back healthy we cut him then. IIRC, it will cost us less in cap space this year if we do that rather than just cutting him now. He doesn't take up a roster spot on the PUP so there's no downside.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think if we put him on the PUP and if he doesn't come back healthy we cut him then. IIRC, it will cost us less in cap space this year if we do that rather than just cutting him now. He doesn't take up a roster spot on the PUP so there's no downside.

I'm not sure how it works with the PUP list.

Normally, if a vested veteran (4 years, I believe) makes the opening day roster, his salary is fully guaranteed for the year. This is why guys like Ryan Grant are on the street right now. No one wants to pick them up for a short term and fully guarantee their salary.

In Brown's case, I'd assume his salary would not be guaranteed then, but I don't know what it would mean if/when he's activated off the PUP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: