Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dare to Think BOLD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48026
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
Trade 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks to get Darrelle Revis. He's never happy with his contract and by the looks of it New York in general, and he gives the secondary a proven, elite starter rather than forcing a guy like Robinson in there too early or making lesser guys like Carr or Bowman start.

Pros: Secondary goes from terrible and in disarray to somewhat legitimate and provides the Vikes with 2 potential shutdown corners

Cons: Destroys any chance of the Vikes rebuilding the offense for the next 2 years, leaves some holes on both sides of the ball.


...No one said they had to be reasonable...


No non-QB is worth that kind of trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 6120
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Adrian Peterson to the Jets for Derelle Revis...

Adrian Peterson to the giants for Amakamura and their first and second picks in next year's draft.

a second round pick for Dansby and a fifth


I am not that opposed to trading Adrian Peterson, but finding someone to pick up the contract at all would be an issue. And there's probably a huge cap charge involved if you have to pay him all the bonus money he's due.
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14559
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade 2nd round pick to Dallas for Dez Bryant.

Pros: Gives us a strong 3 set at WR. Bryant is a legit down the field threat who can make some amazing plays.

Cons: Not exactly the brightest bulb out there. Would demand a huge contract.
_________________

down but not out. I still believe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
[UMN]


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 13303
Location: Desolation Row
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Trade 2nd round pick to Dallas for Dez Bryant.

Pros: Gives us a strong 3 set at WR. Bryant is a legit down the field threat who can make some amazing plays.

Cons: Not exactly the brightest bulb out there. Would demand a huge contract.

Ew. no thanks. I want nothing to do with that headcase. I'd rather sign TO.
_________________
From the foolís gold mouthpiece the hollow horn,
Plays wasted words, proves to warn,
That he not busy being born is busy dying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4985
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Robbroy45 wrote:
Trade 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks to get Darrelle Revis. He's never happy with his contract and by the looks of it New York in general, and he gives the secondary a proven, elite starter rather than forcing a guy like Robinson in there too early or making lesser guys like Carr or Bowman start.

Pros: Secondary goes from terrible and in disarray to somewhat legitimate and provides the Vikes with 2 potential shutdown corners

Cons: Destroys any chance of the Vikes rebuilding the offense for the next 2 years, leaves some holes on both sides of the ball.


...No one said they had to be reasonable...


No non-QB is worth that kind of trade.


I would offer a good package for Darrelle Revis.
Revis/Cook/Robinson/Winfield
Wavie everyone else, and maybe keep Sherels.

For this team to be successful with Ponder at QB, we need a top defense.
Revis/Allen goes a long way into doing that.
I wouldnt give 2 1st + 2 2nd, but I like the idea.
I would put Robinson into the deal + picks

An offense can appear to look better, when you have a strong defense, which gives your QB more chances.
_________________


Last edited by CriminalMind on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostRoadStone


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson to Dallas for Sean Lee and Dez Bryant.

And yes, I would still take Bryant, despite his issues.
_________________


Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
husker_vikes3


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 14128
Location: Omaha, NE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd round pick and 5th round pick for Navorro Bowman.
_________________


skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14559
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
2nd round pick and 5th round pick for Navorro Bowman.


I could see that happening.

But I guess SF would want a better deal than that. Conditional 5th, or maybe just do a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next?

Bowman is awesome. MLB is such a weak link right now, Bowman would instantly improve us over the middle.
_________________

down but not out. I still believe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48026
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:
2nd round pick and 5th round pick for Navorro Bowman.


I could see that happening.

But I guess SF would want a better deal than that. Conditional 5th, or maybe just do a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next?

Bowman is awesome. MLB is such a weak link right now, Bowman would instantly improve us over the middle.


I am not sure why the 49ers would have any interest in trading one of their better defensive players. Probably a far from even likely scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14559
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:
2nd round pick and 5th round pick for Navorro Bowman.


I could see that happening.

But I guess SF would want a better deal than that. Conditional 5th, or maybe just do a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next?

Bowman is awesome. MLB is such a weak link right now, Bowman would instantly improve us over the middle.


I am not sure why the 49ers would have any interest in trading one of their better defensive players. Probably a far from even likely scenario.


I guess they'd really have to be impressed with Larry Grant (3rd MLB) to even consider it.

Plus, San Francisco isn't rebuilding, but if they had a bad year, I could see them shipping him for that price, and then using those picks (plus their own picks) to select a QB in the next draft.

Weak scenario, but fun to look at.
_________________

down but not out. I still believe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Freakout


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 2974
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as always. Trade Jared Allen while his value is still very high.

The cold honest truth is there is a strong chance that we don't improve this season which will seal the fate of Fraizer and his 4-3 cover-2 along with him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4985
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Same as always. Trade Jared Allen while his value is still very high.

The cold honest truth is there is a strong chance that we don't improve this season which will seal the fate of Fraizer and his 4-3 cover-2 along with him.


I think if we are not prepared to trade Jared Allen while his value is still very high, we should be trading for additional players to "win-now"

This in the middle business will lead to low success.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swaps


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 1698
Location: SKOL!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen lives in Arizona...

Larry Fitzgerald lives in Minnesota...


hmmmmm.
_________________

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6975
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby Gerhart traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 6346
Location: University of Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swaps wrote:
Jared Allen lives in Arizona...

Larry Fitzgerald lives in Minnesota...


hmmmmm.


And its a done deal!
_________________


Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group