Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Finale: Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning puts bums on seats, simple.

If we dont win, we go back to the ole days, no one wants that.

we either find a way to win this year, or we have a new coach in 2012, as it proves Whiz cannot get it done without Warner
JeremyB80

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Powell...the guy has looked amazing in the preseason i figure he makes the team

Byrd as well

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyB80 wrote:
What do you guys think about Powell...the guy has looked amazing in the preseason i figure he makes the team

Byrd as well

I got Smith getting in over Powell but I could just as easily see it going the other way. They're both good options as 4th guys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Powell makes it over Smith. Smith has not looked as impressive in preseason action as Powell has these last few games. Powell is quicker, cuts better and has a better burst IMO. I think he makes the team.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
I think Powell makes it over Smith. Smith has not looked as impressive in preseason action as Powell has these last few games. Powell is quicker, cuts better and has a better burst IMO. I think he makes the team.

Smith is averaging 4.7 a carry this preseason, so I don't buy the notion that he hasn't looked impressive. Plus, we've already got 2 cut backs in Williams and LSH. No point in carrying a 3rd.

Special teams is the bigger factor here though as we're talking about 4th stringers and not 1st or 2nd stringers. What they do on the ground is definitely secondary to that.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Winning puts bums on seats, simple.

If we dont win, we go back to the ole days, no one wants that.

we either find a way to win this year, or we have a new coach in 2012, as it proves Whiz cannot get it done without Warner

Thing is Warner in his two years here was statistiaclly not that out of this world. But what it did do was allow us to get the ball to our playmakers. I mean he was definitely a top 10, maybe 5 QB over that period.

A lot of what he bought us was high completion percentages, accuracy on short throws and keeping the chains moving, as well as incredible redzone efficiency.

66% completions, 4200 yards, 28 TD's, 14 INT's at 7.5 YPA.

Those would have ranked Kurt, 3rd, 8th, 8th, middle of the pack and 14th in 2011. With the defnese we have in place and the potential we have in our running game, we don't even need a world beater, we need a Schaub/Ryan type QB.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Smith is averaging 4.7 a carry this preseason, so I don't buy the notion that he hasn't looked impressive. Plus, we've already got 2 cut backs in Williams and LSH. No point in carrying a 3rd.

Special teams is the bigger factor here though as we're talking about 4th stringers and not 1st or 2nd stringers. What they do on the ground is definitely secondary to that.

Smith is averaging 4.7, Powell is around 7.0, he has shown he can break the longer runs off and we already have Sherman and LSH as big contributors to ST's from the 5 strong back stable. I am sure Powell and Smith can play there, but from what I have seen Powell has just flashed that bit more than Smith. I get the feeling than even Javarris James may have passed Smith in the pecking order.

Powell leads the NFL in rushing yards this preseason, he averages 7.0 YPC, he has three runs over longer than 20 yards.

However you never know what is good and what is not in the preseason. Either way we have a good choice to leave out one of Smith/Powell.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Smith is averaging 4.7, Powell is around 7.0, he has shown he can break the longer runs off and we already have Sherman and LSH as big contributors to ST's from the 5 strong back stable. I am sure Powell and Smith can play there, but from what I have seen Powell has just flashed that bit more than Smith. I get the feeling than even Javarris James may have passed Smith in the pecking order.

Powell leads the NFL in rushing yards this preseason, he averages 7.0 YPC, he has three runs over longer than 20 yards.

However you never know what is good and what is not in the preseason. Either way we have a good choice to leave out one of Smith/Powell.

While the boled is true, a 4th RB isn't going to contribute much of anything to the offense. That person simply must contribute on special teams. Otherwise, why even carry 4 backs?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Williams was in a walking boot today and didn't practice. Somers said he didn't know why Williams was in a walking boot.

Think his days are numbered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Stephen Williams was in a walking boot today and didn't practice. Somers said he didn't know why Williams was in a walking boot.

Think his days are numbered.

Agreed. Guys benefitted from a weaker receiving core the last year or two.

Now with Floyd being drafted, DeMarco Sampsons ability on special teams, Doucets new deal and Byrd's late game emergence, no reason Williams should be on this team.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somer is calling it an achilles injury for Williams.

He'll be cut on Friday.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

He'll be cut on Friday.

Or IR'ed. If they cut him could be liable for injury severance.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-MVPs-of-Training-Camp.html

Nice Read.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

He'll be cut on Friday.

Or IR'ed. If they cut him could be liable for injury severance.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-MVPs-of-Training-Camp.html

Nice Read.

On IR his full yearly salary becomes guaranteed. Severance pay would be a fraction of that.

That said, his yearly salary is the league minimum, keeping him and paying him wouldn't hurt our owner's pockets one bit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
On IR his full yearly salary becomes guaranteed. Severance pay would be a fraction of that.

That said, his yearly salary is the league minimum, keeping him and paying him wouldn't hurt our owner's pockets one bit.

Would it even be worth it?

He showed some promise his first year but hasn't really developed since.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Would it even be worth it?

He showed some promise his first year but hasn't really developed since.

No, not IMO. We're getting better at the position personnel wise too. Nothing lost if he moved on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: