Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Finale: Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Preseason Finale: Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals Reply with quote

Teams: Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals
Date: August 30th, 2012
Time: 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
TV: NFL Network

Final look at the guys before roster cuts and the real bullets starting flying. Obviously, all eyes will be on the quarterbacks and the tackles (Whiz has not given any word on how long either Kolb or Skelton will play) as it should be but I'll be watching hard for who flashes big in their last chance to do so. LaRon Byrd will be a guy to watch, Quentin Groves will be a guy to watch. The corners will be watched intensely.

Last edited by stchamp98 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't play the defensive starters more than a series, IF that.

As for Kolb and Skelton, it'll be tough to grasp how good they look as Denver will more than likely be playing 2nd and 3rd teamers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to know what the plan is for Kolb and Skelton this game. Ill be watching Potter this game.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corners will be big watching for me. Gay, Fleming, Toler, Jefferson, Butler, Adams. Big push between those 5 for who's going to start opposite PP21, who will start at the nickel and who will even make the team.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

Ryan Lindley will start at QB vs Denver. He will NOT be in mix to start in regular season, Whiz emphasizes.

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

Ryan Lindley will start this week against denver. He won't be the starter for reg season. Coaches want to see him against 1s

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

Kolb and Skelton probably won't play vs Denver. #azcards

Cards will start other young players vs Denver too, like RB William Powell.
Both Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams will play against Denver.

Both Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams will play against Denver.

Ryan Lindley will be lucky to get 1 set VS Denver starting defense.

I understand this is a game that you want your back up to play but really. Kolb and Skelton need all the time they can get.

11sanchez11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batiste and Massie are starting at tackle right?

El ramster on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Batiste and Massie are starting at tackle right?

yes they are

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:

I understand this is a game that you want your back up to play but really. Kolb and Skelton need all the time they can get.

Eh, not a big deal. Seeing them run reps against practice squad players in a vanilla scheme doesn't do anything for us QB evaluation wise. They'll get more out of practice this week, where they play our legitimately good #1 defense and an actual gameplan, than they would the game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Eh, not a big deal. Seeing them run reps against practice squad players in a vanilla scheme doesn't do anything for us QB evaluation wise. They'll get more out of practice this week, where they play our legitimately good #1 defense and an actual gameplan, than they would the game.

From Somers

-- While Whisenhunt said the evaluation of the QBs continues, you have to think it's done. The Cardinals have seen both these guys for months. All that's left this week are two practices: one today, another tomorrow. Wednesday's practice is a walk-through. I don't see how someone is going to win/lose the job over that two-day period, especially since Lindley likely will get many more snaps than usual with the starters.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/170325

At this point after I read what Somers thinks I have to agree. Whiz has most likely made his pick all ready.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as well. He knows who his starter is and is simply waiting to officially announce it.

At this point, I think it's Skelton. I wouldn't bet any serious amount of money on that but I think it'll end up being Skelton.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I agree as well. He knows who his starter is and is simply waiting to officially announce it.

At this point, I think it's Skelton. I wouldn't bet any serious amount of money on that but I think it'll end up being Skelton.

Sad thing is, Skelton may have performed better vs the Titans if he had Batiste/Massie during his time on the field. With DJ Young out there, Skelton was just punished non-stop.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I think Kevin Kolb will be named the starter based purely on his pass protection "hampering" him most of the preseason. I also think the money, draft pick and player we gave up for him will also be taken into consideration. Serious consideration.

I believe Whiz and company are hearing it from Michael Bidwill. Michael got them the quarterback they requested and they need to find a way to make it work with him. Bailing on him after one year isn't going to sit well with Bidwill, no matter how much credibility Whiz has earned with the front office.

I believe the only way Skelton would wind up starting would have been if he had lite it up during the games and or practice. He's done neither. Kolb at least has looked better in practice, according to coaches.

Now I don't believe that naming Kolb the starter is the right thing to do, but I do believe it will happen based on the reasons above.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Housler (Hamstring), O'Brien Schofield (Knee), Adrian Wilson (Calf) and Rashad Johnson (Abdomen) all sat out at least portions of practice today.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kolb is the starter but will be put on a serious short leash. I still don't think Lindley even makes the roster but clears waivers and makes the PS. I cannot wait to see the real cardinals defense in action. Ray Horton's preseason is boring. He shows nothing in the games until the season starts.
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I believe Whiz and company are hearing it from Michael Bidwill. Michael got them the quarterback they requested and they need to find a way to make it work with him. Bailing on him after one year isn't going to sit well with Bidwill, no matter how much credibility Whiz has earned with the front office.

From everything I've read about him, he seems like a "whatever it takes to win" kind of owner, if only because it'll keep his baby (UoP Stadium) at full attendance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: