Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this guy is a legitimate fringe first round guy. More likely to go in the second however.

My NFL Draft Thread
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
The part of my post after the B.J. Daniels thing was more directed at the people saying "he can't" so definitively, instead of saying something to the effective of "he can, but he hasn't for the great majority of his snaps". He's shown all these things, just not very often, and we all know consistency is an incredibly important factor when playing quarterback in the NFL.

How is saying the bolded not true for 100% of QB's? BJ Daniels hasn't shown the similar abilities at some point? Daniels has a quicker release, stronger arm and is a better runner...
epicMustache

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
epicMustache wrote:
The part of my post after the B.J. Daniels thing was more directed at the people saying "he can't" so definitively, instead of saying something to the effective of "he can, but he hasn't for the great majority of his snaps". He's shown all these things, just not very often, and we all know consistency is an incredibly important factor when playing quarterback in the NFL.

How is saying the bolded not true for 100% of QB's? BJ Daniels hasn't shown the similar abilities at some point? Daniels has a quicker release, stronger arm and is a better runner...

He has, but as a passer I feel he has the higher ceiling. And from what I've seen, I don't think he necessarily has a stronger arm than Manuel.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does not have the mental aspect to be a franchise quarterback. Physical tools and athleticism can carry him in college but unless he makes serious progress he's nothing more than a wasted 4th round prospect.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to improve a lot this season in order for me to consider him anything more than a late round project.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has E.J. Manuel put himself back on the radar as a quarterback prospect after passing defeating Clemson?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Has E.J. Manuel put himself back on the radar as a quarterback prospect after passing defeating Clemson?
That was his best game ever by a long shot, but he still didn't make that many NFL throws. He made a few (his 2nd TD pass was absolutely perfect) but you didn't see many 15-20 yard throws outside the numbers. I have no doubt he has the arm strength to do that, but I question his timing and accuracy on those throws still.

However, he was reading the defense like no one's business. He went through his progressions well. He didn't force anything which has been a problem of his even if it hasn't resulted in a lot of INTs. He didn't hesitate when he wanted to take shots (another thing he has struggled with mightily in his career before this season. He'd see a guy open but hold the ball for an extra half second and it would make the throw more difficult). He avoided the pass rush and really took advantage of his speed. And he was in complete command of the offense; making reads at the line, recognizing the blitzers and the defensive packages, adjusting the line, etc.

If he continues to play like he did against Clemson (big if) then I'd take a shot on him in the mid-late 1st. He has all the physical talent, is a very smart and motivated young man, and runs a pro style offense. He just needs to show that he can continue to make the right reads and command the offense like he has so far this season.

*And FYI his throwing motion is not like Vince Young's at all.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think hes bad at all. I just wouldn't draft him, and expect him to start week 1. If he can sit behind a vet for a while, and learn, I think he will make a good starter. Not elite, but a solid starter.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I don't think hes bad at all. I just wouldn't draft him, and expect him to start week 1. If he can sit behind a vet for a while, and learn, I think he will make a good starter. Not elite, but a solid starter.

Best comparison for EJ Manuel would be David Garrard, not a bad QB, but not a superstar QB either

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched film on the kid 2 years ago. I felt then he was a legit 2nd round player, he has great mechanics and can read a defense knows how to get the ball so someone can make a play.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this guy since high school.

I'm not a favoritist but when looking at him, he's best suit up for spread offense, when he was playing spread in high school he looked unstoppable. And Virginia Beach have some big high schools with great programs.

Bottom line; if Cam Newton is #1, then EJ Manuel could be a #1.

Looking at potentials, there's are some things to improve but in comparsion; he's succeed in spread offense, improving in a pro offense at FSU and when a NFL team draft him, I could bet he'll be either a benchwarmer for a year, or playing right away because Manuel is a guy who knows his playbook well as any other players. However he's best for Bruce Arians' kind of offense. Simplify, run and gun.

Manuel's best asset are the throwing and athleticism, there are two differences between passer and thrower, we haven't be able to diagnose which one he is. I hope he'll show me this year.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I know this guy since high school.

I'm not a favoritist but when looking at him, he's best suit up for spread offense, when he was playing spread in high school he looked unstoppable. And Virginia Beach have some big high schools with great programs.

Bottom line; if Cam Newton is #1, then EJ Manuel could be a #1.

Looking at potentials, there's are some things to improve but in comparsion; he's succeed in spread offense, improving in a pro offense at FSU and when a NFL team draft him, I could bet he'll be either a benchwarmer for a year, or playing right away because Manuel is a guy who knows his playbook well as any other players. However he's best for Bruce Arians' kind of offense. Simplify, run and gun.

Manuel's best asset are the throwing and athleticism, there are two differences between passer and thrower, we haven't be able to diagnose which one he is. I hope he'll show me this year.

No.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's very underrated. I said he's got first round tools and potential and someone here acted like I was slow in the head. Big time (emphasis on big time) talent and a good guy who leads the Seminoles program.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the draft process I fully expect E.J. Manuel to climb up tons of boards and have his draft stock explode. He's going to physical impress everyone at the combine, coming at 6'5" 230, running in the low 4.5's, and having enough arm strength to put all of the throws on the money. And by all accounts he seems to be a really humble kid with a good head on his shoulders, which is another positive selling point. He's been well coached and has really progressed into a good player during his tenure at Florida State.

I think he'll end up going in the mid to late first round as a result of a team trading back into the first round to select him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not want. I've watched a lot of him, and I've like little.

I hate the Jaguars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: