Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Cuts (we are down to 53!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Let's just pray that Jerry isn't Al Davis 2.0! Gives me chills just writing it.

I...am going to assume you either A.) Didn't read what I said. B.) Read it and didn't understand it. C.) Didn't care what I said.

But please. Don't let me stop your hate speech. Continue. I am engrossed in hearing all these clever lines I have never considered before.

Dont mess with megatroll. His power level exceeds 9000.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, can we make a list of things that are fair game to be critical of? I really hate offending all of your sensativities.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I think we are down to the last cut, right?

My money is still on McGee.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
acowboys62

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
ccording to sources, the Cowboys have informed Shaun Chapas, Adrian Hamilton, Danny Coale, Eddie Whitley, Orie Lemon, Ronald Leary, Pat McQuistan, Jeff Adams, Teddy Williams, Harland Gunn, Daniel Loper, Clifton Geathers, Rudy Carpenter, Lionel Smith, Baraka Atkins, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Andrew Szczerba, Ben Bass, Saalim Hakim, Tim Benford and Robert Callaway of their release

21 cuts so far, 2 more to go

Is anyone a little surprised that Geathers, Bass and Callaway all got cut?

I am shocked Geathers but made it, but happy at the same time. Shows the team is not keeping players for who they are rather what they can do on the field.

Also, are people really update about some 4th/5th WR being cut? Or am I missing out on the sarcasm?
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Guys, can we make a list of things that are fair game to be critical of? I really hate offending all of your sensativities.

[Yawn]

Ladies I have an announcement. The Jerry-Hate-Spin-Machine is alive an well! Have no fear.

The_Slamman wrote:
Anyway, I think we are down to the last cut, right?

My money is still on McGee.

In real news, I agree. I would actually be very excited to see Obi-Wan make the team. I think he would be better suited to run behind Vickers on the Goal Line.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@toddarcher: Final Cowboys cuts are in: Lance Dunbar, Jamize Olawale are out. Stephen McGee is good for now. Could change if team claims players Saturday

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Ace5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@toddarcher: Final Cowboys cuts are in: Lance Dunbar, Jamize Olawale are out. Stephen McGee is good for now. Could change if team claims players Saturday

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

In Redball I Trust!
Ace5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PUSH THE SHINY BLUE BUTTON A THOUSAND TIMES
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Let's just pray that Jerry isn't Al Davis 2.0! Gives me chills just writing it.

I...am going to assume you either A.) Didn't read what I said. B.) Read it and didn't understand it. C.) Didn't care what I said.

But please. Don't let me stop your hate speech. Continue. I am engrossed in hearing all these clever lines I have never considered before.

I did read your post just tired of Jerry resting on his laurels from the 90's. Jerry deserves some credit for some things he has done as owner, ex. Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcels, and Jason Garrett.

Jerry should be blamed for when he does something stupid, but not blamed on someone else to protect his good name. Credit should be given when Jerry does do something good also, and the best thing he has done in years is to hire Jason Garrett. Jerry will never concede control of the Cowboys ever. I heard him say on the radio about 8 years ago that you would have to pry control of the Cowboys out of his dead, cold hands.

You can call it hate speech,but its facts. Cowboys have 129-127 record since 1996, and that looks like Mediocre.

Jerry and the team needs to be held to a higher standard and fans need to quit accepting this mediocre play that they have been giving us.

Quit giving the team credit for the glory years of the early 90's. Its 2012

Until Jerry wins a Super Bowl again he will continue to live in the shadow of the "great" Jimmy Johnson.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:

I did read your post just tired of Jerry resting on his laurels from the 90's. Jerry deserves some credit for some things he has done as owner, ex. Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcels, and Jason Garrett.

May I recommend a good eye doctor? Since - especially in this thread - I nor anyone else mentioned the 90's first. Which goes back to my original comment about not reading my post.

Quote:
Jerry should be blamed for when he does something stupid, but not blamed on someone else to protect his good name.

If you got the impression that Jerry should be protected and encased from all sin, then you clearly missed my point. The problem is, and I will address it below, the whole is now greater than the sum of its parts. What I mean is as a whole people irrationally blame Jerry for every decision they are upset about. It's kinda like the boy who cried wolf. Maybe you can bring up a rational point, but regrettably everyone else has screwed it up for you. It gets to a point where several of us are sitting back wondering just how long a dead horse will be beat. Jerry makes mistakes. And he should be held accountable for them. But the boogieman he is not.

Quote:
Credit should be given when Jerry does do something good also, and the best thing he has done in years is to hire Jason Garrett.

For instance, we disagree here. I am actually critical of the Redball hire. No, it's not that I don't like him as a HC. The opposite actually, I like what he has done and what he is doing. What I don't like is how Redball was brought in before Wade was. Again, I enjoy having Redball as our Head Coach. But I strongly ascribe to the notion that a head coach picks the staff. I am not a Jerry apologist. I just think the campaign against Jerry has made so many of you look like baboons.

Quote:
Jerry will never concede control of the Cowboys ever. I heard him say on the radio about 8 years ago that you would have to pry control of the Cowboys out of his dead, cold hands.

...Okay. Well I assume you meant cede control and working on that premise my response is still...okay? He purchased the Cowboys. His money. His investment. His rights. Oh, you don't like it? Damn shame. Feel free to buy the team from him.

I truly do not know how we have as an American society descended to a point in which a CEO is to stay home and have the inmates run the asylum. In the annals of History Jerry will go down as not only the best Owner in Dallas History (which...is saying a lot) but also go down as one of the most influential owners in NFL history.

Quote:
You can call it hate speech,but its facts. Cowboys have 129-127 record since 1996, and that looks like Mediocre.

It's actually propaganda. When posts are so one-sided, regardless of how factual or rational (or more often than not absent of both) the thought may be they are are propaganda. Which I will show here (and please keep in mind the names were omited to protect them from defamation...also, these are just from this thread):

Cutting Danny Coale and keeping Andre Holmes has that Jerry Jones smell all over it. Jerry was gaga over AH weeks ago and has to prove that he is right. Danny Coale will be a starter for somebody and Andre Holmes is nothing more than a 6'5" of INCONSISTENCY.

lololwut? So...basically this fan didn't get what he wanted and yet it's Jerry's fault. What exactly had Coale done to warrant a roster spot? The whole TWO catches he had in pre-season? OH THE HUMANITY. Someone, anyone, please think of the children. It sucks that a draft pick was cut. But come on seriously. Both Harris and Beasley are under 6ft. If one were allow a breath of logic to flow maybe they would consider that carrying three WR's 6 feet and under wasn't going to fly. But again, I am asking for far too much intellectual thought when it is easier to blame it on the boogieman.

Why hype competition, if all you have to do is be the coaches/Jerry's favorite to make it. So lame. McGee has shown nothing, Hamilton at-least flashed.

Again. WHAT?! Apparently McGee is now Jerry's favorite. They go out to dinner, catch the ballet, and sing each other to sleep. Now, I might not agree about keeping McGee...but I hardly think it's because Jerry the Almighty came down and said his Best Friend Forever was to remain on the roster. If that was the case would then Radway not logically stay? Damn the fact he didn't play well. He was Jerry's pet cat dammit! Oh, but that doesn't make much sense. Much like this narrative about Jerry.

So Felix Jones earned a spot on this team? Because it was Jerry who assured us he was going no where.

I am no a DCRA blame Jerry for everything, so don't try and play me off as blaming everything on him. But I call it like I see it, the guys he like get way more chances than anyone else. Felix was his boy from good ol' Arkansas and he has gushed over Holmes who was average at best.

I'll let the team do what the team thinks is best, but there is little doubt to me that Jerry has a few guys he holds onto as his projects.

My oh my. How quickly we let our hate permeate. I really wanted Felix gone. I did. I had hopped that someone would step up and wench slap him back to the stone age. But if we are being honest with ourselves - and I understand that can be an intellectual feat to accomplish at times - if we are being honest, no RB proved enough to show Felix the door. It sucks, but it's reality.

Last year we saw Tanner - an unknown - play well enough to EARN a roster spot. And as a result later that season Choice - the hyped up one - was released. That's how you manage a roster. The best players are kept. If you out play someone game on. But if you don't your hate is not enough of a justification to make him go away. Click your heels three times all you want, but this is reality.

But the truly sad thing is? There can be no rational debate. The mind has already been made up. What's the point. It's either you buy into the narrative that Jerry is the Devil made flesh or you're a homer. And as a result it makes all the rational arguments against Jerry look foolish. The tail needs to stop wagging the dog. We need to rise above inane thoughts and have real adult discussions.

You should be, it's not like us DCRA members are wrong it's just nothing can be done about him

The "him" in that statement is about Jerry. You know, that wicked man that we must suffer through. Oh no. Woe unto us the unfortunate.

I understand that. However, my argument is not the depth at RB. It's Jerry having favorites. To answer you yes I would feel fine going Murray, Tanner and Dunbar. If Murray goes down, Felix isn't going to do much more than I can get form Tanner/Dunbar splitting in my mind.

And yet Jerry's other Favorite Radway didn't make the team. But I understand rationally viewing an issue is a challenge. Little things like facts can be really frustrating. Although why no one has called for Jerry to Cut Dez is beyond me. I mean, Daddy was mad at him after all. Clearly not BFF material.

How exactly can they cut Leary. Jerry had a 3rd round grade on him. He was so ecstatic to sign him. That degenerative issue won't pop up for years. Moron.

Man. Jerry. That idiot. It wasn't the scouting department that liked Leary. Oh no! No no, it was Jerry. And Jerry alone. Don't you know he does everything. No one else works for the Cowboys. It's just Jerry. And you know what, and UDFA didn't make the roster. Wow. Jerry is really an F'in idiot. I mean I am speechless. This makes me see the light.

Do you see my point. In a thread supposedly about Cuts...it turns into a meeting of the Jerry Bashers. Jerry-Haters are so irrational in their thoughts that it devalues any rational critique of Jerry. I can't treat any comment like the poster is an adult anymore. Because so many of these post comes off as PMSing 14 year old girls upset that Jerry never took them to a dance.

Is it fair to lump all of you together? No of course not. That's irrational. But until, collectively, you can prove that the masses of your not crying wolf - you will be treated like a toddler. It sucks when so few are so vocal that it ruins it for everyone else. But them is the breaks. I want to see people call out BS posts as opposed to being mindless sheep when it comes to the gospel of I-Hate-Jerry.

Quote:
Jerry and the team needs to be held to a higher standard and fans need to quit accepting this mediocre play that they have been giving us.

Of course he and the team do. Cowboy exceptional-ism is just like American exceptional-ism. Expected. Demanded. And dammit it better be delivered.

Quote:
Quit giving the team credit for the glory years of the early 90's. Its 2012

Well, when you let me know where in this thread we talked about the 90's that would be swell. And please don't bring up FM's post. That was in response to some Jerry Hate. I never did. Until then I will chalk up this little nugget as hate speech. Since this thread is about cuts.

Quote:
Until Jerry wins a Super Bowl again he will continue to live in the shadow of the "great" Jimmy Johnson.

WOOOHOO! So?

In Redball I Trust!
buckwild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put and informative, but my hatred is more directed at the medocrity of the team.

I can deal with them being bad more than dealing with the 8-8,6-10 to 10-6 roller coaster that we have been on the past 10 years.

Just want them to be accountable , and finally do something to change it.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really should not respond. But I am just being compelled to do so at this point.

buckwild wrote:
I believe you are the one that first started the post about people to not blame Jerry for everything, and that he wasn't the Boogieman.

OF COURSE I DID. I did so because of the bolded quotes above. I want there to be real discussion about real issues. Not, "well I didn't get my way so Jerry is evil," like posts.

Quote:
I just wish that people on these forums could have a heated debate without demeaning o ne another just because they don't agree with their opinions. I assume this is what society has become a bunch of people putting down others in the hopes of making themselves fill better.

If this is in reference to how condescending my post was, well your right it was condescending. Because the points were irrational. Again, nothing against you. Most of the quotes I provided in bold I don't think you even made. But I am tired of seeing informative threads and posts shift geers violently to, "well I hate jerry so obligatory jerry comment." WHEN IT WAS NOT MENTIONED ONCE.

Quote:
Your post was very informative and very well thought out, but all I see is more excuses of why the Cowboys are irrelevent and mediocre.

This, yet again, shows you did not properly read my post. Jerry has had issues. HE HAS. This thread was about players cut. And then individuals started coming up with random reasons to attack Jerry because they didn't get their way. That has nothing to do with excuses. Nor mediocrity. It has everything to do with pure and blind hate.

Quote:
Cowboys regular season record since there last Super Bowl victory is not propaganda it just is what it is.

And that is a fair point. Now tell me what the hell does it have to do in a thread about players cut?
Quote:

I am just tired of seeing the team through rose colored glasses, and until they prove they have improved. Same Sheet , Different Year.

Which again, is fine. But when posters jump off the deep end then someone needs to stand up against the insanity. Where were you when someone blamed Jerry for Coale being cut? Where were you when someone called Jerry a moron for Leary being cut? You were silent. And you were okay with that. Well. I am not. I am not okay with posters saying whatever the hell they want and it goes unchecked. I am not okay with a thread being derailed because it fits some myopic agenda. And I won't stand for it.

Not every decision that we the collective fans don't like means that Jerry is evil.

Again. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone else.

In Redball I Trust!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you not to do it. Somewhere a kitty just died. I hope you can sleep at night, TO7..

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I told you not to do it. Somewhere a kitty just died. I hope you can sleep at night, TO7..

I am a dog person, so I am okay with the results.

I mean just look at it.

Oh harro puppy!

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: