Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Morris could start week 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Morris could start week 1 Reply with quote

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/nfl_rumors_could_alfred_morris_be_redskins_week_1_starter/11549074

Quote:
Shanahan didn’t blatantly say Morris will start week 1 – but what he did confirm is, Morris will be on the 53 man roster and will have a chance to contribute early. “When you only have one guy that’s really healthy, it’s really hard to say a guy’s really taking advantage or taking control, said Shanahan.” “We’ve got some guys pretty beat up and we haven’t had a chance to really get a lot of reps. Alfred has taken advantage of his reps and he looked good today.”

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Morris could start week 1 Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/nfl_rumors_could_alfred_morris_be_redskins_week_1_starter/11549074

Quote:
Shanahan didn’t blatantly say Morris will start week 1 – but what he did confirm is, Morris will be on the 53 man roster and will have a chance to contribute early. “When you only have one guy that’s really healthy, it’s really hard to say a guy’s really taking advantage or taking control, said Shanahan.” “We’ve got some guys pretty beat up and we haven’t had a chance to really get a lot of reps. Alfred has taken advantage of his reps and he looked good today.”
He will start without a doubt. The man has been impressive every game now and has alot of upside to him . Usually Shanny goes with the hot RB any way and he is hot. Wens will show what we should do but I think a RB should be cut no reason to keep 4 .
:The dashing hates rg3/jim Haslett/the OL/
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should. Hes healthy and we have a stable to back him up.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call on this dashing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
redskins4789

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want all four RBs to make the team but I have a feeling Hightower is gone.
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Good call on this dashing
Thanks but take a peak of how inaccurate I was in my prediction of the colts and bills game.

But Morris im not surprised he starts the NFL draft profile where very high on him and coaches compared him close to a OJ Simpson and Riggins type of RB. We will see how he is and hope he is our A.Foster.
:The dashing hates rg3/jim Haslett/the OL/
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on 1067 the fan back in July (I think it might have been Grant Paulsen) said that he wouldnt be surprised to see Morris start week 1.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
I really want all four RBs to make the team but I have a feeling Hightower is gone.

Really?
He has the most experience and is the best pass-blocker.

I think it's Royster and Tristan Davis that are on the bubble.
I like Davis over Royster because Davis has been effective on special teams.
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Helu is healthy I still think he should start and get majority of carries.

Props to Mike23md
TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris could start week 1 Reply with quote

Helu is by far the best back on this team. It's not even close.

Morris just doesn't have the quicks to be anything more than a change of pace, ideally.

As far as running ability goes, Helu blows the other three out of the water. If he's healthy he ought to be the week one guy.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:

Shanahan loves Hightower. I know Morris had a great game....against the colts...in their new 3-4 scheme. But I still think Hightower starts week one. I think we keep 4 RBs. But it's definitely a very intriguing position to watch during cut week.

mike23md on the sig!
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris could start week 1 Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:
Helu is by far the best back on this team. It's not even close.

Morris just doesn't have the quicks to be anything more than a change of pace, ideally.

As far as running ability goes, Helu blows the other three out of the water. If he's healthy he ought to be the week one guy.

I like Helu a lot but what I saw out of Morris this preseason is something a little more than that of a change of pace back. He bull dozes for extra yards and completely juked one guy out of his shoes. He has tremendous vision evidenced by the fact that he breaks runs off when a hole opens up that wasn't designated. I honestly think they got a steal with this kid, he may be a lot better than I ever anticipated.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:

Shanahan loves Hightower. I know Morris had a great game....against the colts...in their new 3-4 scheme. But I still think Hightower starts week one. I think we keep 4 RBs. But it's definitely a very intriguing position to watch during cut week.

I believe we need to keep 4 RB's. That is the ONE position (although it is a general philosophy for all positions) in a Shanahan Offense (unless he finds a TD, which Morris is not) that is musical chairs all season.

And for some reason our RB's get nagging injuries that keep them out for a few games. So we should keep 4 so that Shanahan can keep the "hot hand" playing when one guy goes down he isn't forced to put someone in that isn't 100% or isn't showing that fire that he needs to see.

I hope Helu, Hightower, Morris, and Royster make the team. Although I do appreciate the ST effort and Occasional flash shown by Davis. Can he go to the PS even though he was there last year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: