Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we trade for flynn?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is as good of spot as any to post this. For as many people that have brought up Colt McCoys name as a possible back up QB, I have yet to hear the name I am about to bring up. First of all, Colt would demand much in the form of draft capitol, a 3rd, maybe 4th to bring him in. I am wondering about Jimmy Clausen, and I wonder why there have yet to be more people mentioning him as a possible backup to Rodgers. He seems to have regressed to 3rd string on the Panthers behind Derek Anderson, however I think he has what it takes to be a high upside backup QB. Although he was drafted relatively early, I think the pricetag, in terms of draft capitol would be much less than Colt, based on the situation he is in in Carolina. What do you people think? I still think you give Harrell a shot, but the mans leash has to be getting shorter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizzle wrote:
This is as good of spot as any to post this. For as many people that have brought up Colt McCoys name as a possible back up QB, I have yet to hear the name I am about to bring up. First of all, Colt would demand much in the form of draft capitol, a 3rd, maybe 4th to bring him in. I am wondering about Jimmy Clausen, and I wonder why there have yet to be more people mentioning him as a possible backup to Rodgers. He seems to have regressed to 3rd string on the Panthers behind Derek Anderson, however I think he has what it takes to be a high upside backup QB. Although he was drafted relatively early, I think the pricetag, in terms of draft capitol would be much less than Colt, based on the situation he is in in Carolina. What do you people think? I still think you give Harrell a shot, but the mans leash has to be getting shorter.

At this point, without the benefit of TC, McCoy and Clausen would both be behind the 8 ball in terms of offense. At least with Harrell the whole rest of the offense can still run the same playbook even if his play is only average at best. Not too sure that McCoy or Clausen really have much bigger arms that Harrell either. Plus, is sounding like McCoy will be #2 in Clev and Seneca might be the odd man out. I wouldn't mind taking a look at him if he were to be cut.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizzle wrote:

I seriously doubt that Colt McCoy has that kind of trade value, especially given the fact that they just drafted Brandon Weeden in the first AND were shopping him during the draft. The Browns aren't going to get much more than a late round conditional pick. Colt McCoy really hasn't shown anything that would indicate he's worth a third or fourth round pick.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:
lol this has to be a joke
Yeah im being a bit facetious, but face it flynn doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in this league. His weak arm strength height and mobility is his handicap. that's why guys like him and Colt Mccoy will never make it as legit starters in this league. Unless they become like Brees or Chad pennington short Qbs with weak arms but deadly accurate passers.

Based on? He played excellent against New England, and if I recall correctly he lit up Detroit's first team defense last year who BTW was trying very hard to win so they would NOT have to play New Orleans in round 1.
Because he had a couple of good games that makes him a legit starter? Granted he made the most of his opportunities here, but if you look around the league the most of your legit successful starting Qbs are bigger taller with big arms. Flynn dosen't have the prototypical size and arm strength in todays league, he'll be a good career backup imo, i could be wrong but right now i view him as Colt Mccoy 2.0

He lost out to Russell Wilson who is 5'11. Matt Flynn is the same size as Aaron Rodgers. What are you talking about dude?

I think the Seahawks are making a huge mistake. I think they should have sat Wilson for a while and let him pick up the offense and run with Flynn for a while. Its foolish to make the decision on your starting QB after a few preseason games. Flynn is the more proven commodity.

He has started two games. Both against playoff teams and he lit it up. He's a gamer. He's at his best when the games count.

I remember Colt McCoy absolutely torching us last year in the preseason. Preseason is different than the regular season. I don't think its safe to say that a guy earned a starting spot because he's looked good in a couple preseason games. I really feel for Matt Flynn.
The height issue was an oversight on my part. With so many big tall Qbs in the league flynn just looks short on the field even shorter than Rodgers.

Im shocked to find out he's even taller than me and im 6'1. It's very weird that rodgers to me looks taller than he really is on the field, taller than Flynn and their both the same height.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizzle wrote:

I had no love for Clausen coming out of Notre Dame, heck I didn't really like him when he was the nation's top recruit(announcing his decision to attend Notre Dame by arriving in a Stretched hummer limo on dubs in front of the college HOF. He doesn't have the mental makeup to play the game and he's been getting privately coached by Steve Clarkson (Roethlisberger, Leinart, J.P. Losman, Gino Toretta, Matt Barkley) since middle school, he's not someone I would want to waste any developmental time on, he's not going to get any better then he currently is, which is on his way out of the league.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of this said, I do believe the Packers will carry 3 QB's and the 3rd QB will not be BJ Coleman. The questions is who will that 3rd QB be? I absolutely don't see TT going into the season with the backup QB's they currently have now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: