Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's 1 week to go mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: DS's 1 week to go mock Reply with quote

Cle Free Agents

Sheldon Brown CB RETIRES
Josh Cribbs WR bub bye
Mohamed Massaquoi WR bub bye fragility issues
Phil Dawson K Resign for 3 years
Reggie Hodges P bub bye
Brandon Jackson RB bub bye
Kaluka Maiava LB bub bye
Scott Fujita LB RETIRES
Alex Smith TE/FB resign for cheap 2 years
Ben Watson TE resign for cheap for 2 years
Rey Ventrone S bub bye

Restricted Free Agents

Thad Lewis QB resign for cheap/or tender
Jordan Norwood WR bub bye fragility issues
Chris Ogbonnaya RB resign for cheap/or tender
Craig Robertson LB resign for cheap/or tender
Emmanuel Stephens DE resign for cheap/or tender
Christian Young LS resign for cheap/or tender

Free Agency

Geoff Schwartz #76 T/G Minnesota Vikings
Height: 6-6 Weight: 340 Age: 26
Born: 7/11/1986 Los Angeles , CA
College: Oregon Experience: 4th season
DS Comment: The Browns get a road grading guard and a back up right tackle in the form of Mitchel Schwartz's "BIG" brother.

Brian Hartline #82 WR Miami Dolphins
Height: 6-2 Weight: 199 Age: 26
Born: 11/22/1986 Canton , OH
College: Ohio State Experience: 4th season
DS Comment: A very reliable receiver that runs routes well. MoMass's replacement.

2013 Draft

1 Geno Smith, QB
2 Damontre Moore, DE
3 Jarvis Jones, OLB
4 Luke Joeckel, OT
5 Manti Te'o, ILB
6 Jake Matthews, OT

1 Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
DS Comment: A DE that is very strong against the both the pass and the run. Has a very good motor with high upside.

4 Bennett Jackson*, CB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-0 Weight: 185
Projected 40 Time:: 4.43
DS Comment: A converted WR that has very good ball skills and is a very good cover corner.

3 Zeke Motta, FS, Notre Dame
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
DS Comment: A deep cover safety thats able to play center field or go man to man.

5 A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State
Height: 6-1 Weight: 244
Projected 40 Time: 4.63
DS Comment: A very reliable Linebacker that is hardly ever out of position and just gets it down on the field.

6a Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado
Height: 6-5 Weight: 260
Projected 40 Time: 4.76
DS Comment: Switched from DE to TE this year and looked very good

6b Dan Paul, FB, Boise State
Height: 6-0 Weight: 265
Projected 40 Time: 4.65
DS Comment: A road grading full back that has blown open many a whole for Bronco runningbacks as well as a reliable pass blocker and receiver.

7 Quinn Sharp, P/K, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
DS Comment: All around good punter and kicker, a 2 for 1 deal even.

2013 projected Cleveland Browns Starters
\=competiton for a starting spot

QB Weeden
RB Richarson
FB Paul
TE Watson/Cameron
LT Thomas
LG Greco
C Mack
RG G.Schwartz/Lauvao
RT M.Schwartz
WR1 Gordon
WR2 Little
WR3 Hartline/Cooper/Benjamin
WR4 Hartline/Cooper/Benjamin

RDE Werner
RDT Rubin
LDT Taylor
LDE Sheard
WOLB /Johnson/Klein
MLB Jackson/Kline
SOLB Gocong/Johnson/A.Jackson
RCB Jackson
LCB Haden
NB Skrine/Bademosi/Wade
DB Skrine/Bademosi/Wade
FS Motta/Gipson
SS Ward

K Dawson
P Sharp

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Last edited by DawgSoldier on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no way that Smith is the only QB in the top 5. If that's the case, teams like PHI, NYJ, ARI, OAK, and BUF will be looking to trade up or move around. In that case, I'm trading down 10 days a week.

Hartline is also a interesting pickup in FA. Don't know if its necessary. MIA has a freaking ton of FA's this year. Bush, Long, Sean Smith, Hartline, Randy Starks, Matt Moore, and Fasano are all FA's this year for them. And thats among a list of 25 for so FA/RFA's they have.

Ever since Kam got me to watch the youtube clips of Dion Jordan, I would love for him to be on the team. Dude has JPP written all over him.

Werner worries me with his lack of productions against upper competition and he's a bit of a one trick pony. At this point, I would put Moore, Jordan, and Montgomery all ahead of Werner.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I see no way that Smith is the only QB in the top 5. If that's the case, teams like PHI, NYJ, ARI, OAK, and BUF will be looking to trade up or move around. In that case, I'm trading down 10 days a week.

Hartline is also a interesting pickup in FA. Don't know if its necessary. MIA has a freaking ton of FA's this year. Bush, Long, Sean Smith, Hartline, Randy Starks, Matt Moore, and Fasano are all FA's this year for them. And thats among a list of 25 for so FA/RFA's they have.

Ever since Kam got me to watch the youtube clips of Dion Jordan, I would love for him to be on the team. Dude has JPP written all over him.

Werner worries me with his lack of productions against upper competition and he's a bit of a one trick pony. At this point, I would put Moore, Jordan, and Montgomery all ahead of Werner.
in the 34 yes in the 43 no.

bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:

in the 34 yes in the 43 no.

I disagree.

And its not a huge difference, its just preference. I'd list them like this at the moment.

Moore

Jordan

Montgomery
Werner

After watching Jordan, I can see why Kam was so high on him. He knows how to play football. If that kid puts on 20 lbs, he'll be crazy good. He might be the best athlete at the DE position since Kearse.

Werner has a crazy good first step and snap recognition. He does play the run well and has a OK bull rush. Outside of that, all he has is the outside speed move. Played primarily against ACC RT's. His stats against ranked teams isn't all that impressive. The browns already have a LDE that only has one move....
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is because I compare him to what I saw from Harrison Smith who was a great prospect but I don't much care for Zeke Motta. I was obviously higher on Harrison Smith than almost anyone and had him pegged as a 1st rounder early. I was actually surprised he lasted until 28. Anyway Zeke is not half the prospect Harrison Smith was last year and not particualar a good prospect at all.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Maybe it is because I compare him to what I saw from Harrison Smith who was a great prospect but I don't much care for Zeke Motta. I was obviously higher on Harrison Smith than almost anyone and had him pegged as a 1st rounder early. I was actually surprised he lasted until 28. Anyway Zeke is not half the prospect Harrison Smith was last year and not particualar a good prospect at all.

LOL, Wonder if we are ever gonna agree on anything

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

We agree Ezekiel Ansah is not the freak pass rusher he is hyped to be.

Sorry but I have watched the entire career of Motta and Smith. I saw a defensive player offenses had to be aware of in Smith and just another guy in Motta. Trust me if I thought he could play I would be pimping the daylights out of him because I am a HUGE fan of Brian Kelly and anyone he has coached up.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Sorry but I have watched the entire career of Motta and Smith. I saw a defensive player offenses had to be aware of in Smith and just another guy in Motta. Trust me if I thought he could play I would be pimping the daylights out of him because I am a HUGE fan of Brian Kelly and anyone he has coached up.

He looks like a mid round safety prospect IMO. BTW what do you think of Jackson as a CB?

brownie man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did the extra 3rd come from?
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

He looks like a mid round safety prospect IMO. BTW what do you think of Jackson as a CB?

He has the size and physical abilites. I am not too sure of him because he never gets tested. He has the best front 7 in the nation to protect him. I have seen him lose as many 1 on 1 battles as he has won. Like I said it is very hard to scout a CB from televised games, so I would have to see the all 22 to give a fair judgement for Jackson. Unless someone on the internet publishes some kind of draft breakdown video I won't get the luxury.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
where did the extra 3rd come from?
what extra 3rd? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: