Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC West News - 49ers lead to lose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
That "can't see over the line" thing is valid as a general rule but it's really not for Wilson, as he makes nearly all of his plays outside of the pocket.

That said, one of our best defensive attritrutes is our team speed in open space. And we've played speedy quarterbacks well in the past. Played Vick really well last year in a win, never let his legs beat us. I expect Horton to be well prepared for that game. Our offense against their defense will be another story.

The first part is false. He makes a large proportion of his plays from inside the pocket. The Seattle OL has done a good job of creating throwing lanes for Wilson. The will roll him out and move him around at bit though.

Wilson's OL at Wisconsin was overall bigger than the OL he is playing behind in Seattle. He did not have any troubles seeing over the line there.

I disagree 100%. And I've seen plenty of Wilson, Wisconsin and NC State. Most all of his plays are made on broken plays where he gets outside the pocket.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I disagree 100%. And I've seen plenty of Wilson, Wisconsin and NC State. Most all of his plays are made on broken plays where he gets outside the pocket.

They may be outside the pocket, but broken plays, really. A lot of designed roll outs yeah, broken plays, not so much. I have followed Wilson religiously since his Sophomore year at NC State. The kid has always had it. NC State he was often improvising, using his feet to create time before making throws, but at Wisconsin it was very different. He spent a fair amount of time throwing from the pocket and a fair amount of time on designed rollouts, there were very few broken plays in that Wisconsin offense it was so efficient. So far in the preseason in Seattle it has taken on very much a look of that Wisconsin. He has a couple of highlight plays when the play has broken down (Roll out right, throw back across his body for a first down, preseason game one) or he has decided to use his legs (41 yard run up through the middle of the OL for a first down on 3rd and long, preseason game 3).

But the way that offense is designed and the way he has run it has involved quite a few 3 step drop timing patterns to the boundary, a few 5 and 7 step vertical routes, and a fair amount of rollouts and bootlegs.

Also, going backa few posts, the problem Hall had was not vision, it was the wet noodle that was attached to his right shoulder. Max Hall was Kellen Moore before there was Kellen Moore.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot is made about Wilson's height, but he makes plays, has a strong arm and makes good decisions. For what it's worth I was watching NFL Network and Kurt Warner was saying that he really does not think height is as big of a deal as it is made out to be for QBs. The QBs know where the receivers are supposed to go, they can see between the tackles and Wilson's passes are not knocked down at the line at a rate that suggests his height is truly a problem.

Justo on the sig
JeremyB80

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson's Wife is fired up about this decision (i don't know how to post .gifs if anyone wants to help!)

- No thanks needed - khodder

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyB80 wrote:
Wilson's Wife is fired up about this decision (i don't know how to post .gifs if anyone wants to help!)

My god, that dog.

#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Didn't even cost the Seahawks 3 first rounders and a second rounder. Eat that Shanny.
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:

My god, that dog.
I know! And the puppy, too..
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:

My god, that dog.
I know! And the puppy, too..

I actually lol'ed.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
I know he is mobile and made a lot of plays in college but he is shorter than Max Hall. Then again mobile QBs tend to kick our butt.
Yeah if he couldn't run then I'd be completely comfortable playing him week one.

What people dont understand is that also, he has a better arm than max hall, he is tougher, he is a more accurate passer short and long throws, he is a better decision maker, he is smarter, he played against better competition in college, he is a better leader...thats the real difference between max and russel..not his speed..thats just for kicks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
I know he is mobile and made a lot of plays in college but he is shorter than Max Hall. Then again mobile QBs tend to kick our butt.
Yeah if he couldn't run then I'd be completely comfortable playing him week one.

What people dont understand is that also, he has a better arm than max hall, he is tougher, he is a more accurate passer short and long throws, he is a better decision maker, he is smarter, he played against better competition in college, he is a better leader...thats the real difference between max and russel..not his speed..thats just for kicks.

Max Hall sucked, so god help him Wilson better be better than Hall.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:

Better leader mention is pure bull that you just pulled out of nowhere to lengthen your argument, thus making it look stronger. Nothing more.

Every player who ever donned a BYU uni would back that up.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:

Better leader mention is pure bull that you just pulled out of nowhere to lengthen your argument, thus making it look stronger. Nothing more.

I think what Wilson did, coming into that Wisconsin locker room, not knowing the playbook, not knowing his teammates, and then stepping in as the starting QB, then after spring work being named a team captain is one of the most impressive things I have ever heard of from a collegiate QB.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:

I think what Wilson did, coming into that Wisconsin locker room, not knowing the playbook, not knowing his teammates, and then stepping in as the starting QB, then after spring work being named a team captain is one of the most impressive things I have ever heard of from a collegiate QB.

I don't find it all that amazing, we had a kid at Northern who was in our room for less than a month after transferring from a JuCo, was named one of our team captains and won a national championship(He fights MMA now). It's not that big a deal but I'm not arguing Wilson's leadership qualities to begin with nor do I care to do it now, so I'll give it to you. I'm arguing the statement that Wilson's leadership, which frankly isn't even a measurable trait by any stretch of the imagination, has not greater affect on his teammates than Max Hall's leadership qualities did to his. This guy simply threw it out there as an argument filler.
Chg91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I don't find it all that amazing, we had a kid at Northern who was in our room for less than a month after transferring from a JuCo, was named one of our team captains and won a national championship(He fights MMA now).

Who is he?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I don't find it all that amazing, we had a kid at Northern who was in our room for less than a month after transferring from a JuCo, was named one of our team captains and won a national championship(He fights MMA now).

Who is he?

Stryder Davis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: