Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks officially name rookie Russell Wilson starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3973
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:
Bettors like Russell Wilson, flipping the Seahawks from +2.5 to -2.5 for Week 1 vs. Ariz


Arizona has a good defense but i don't know how they gave it to the Cardinal's with there QB situation in the first place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawks4ever8


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 867
Location: Spokane WA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:
Bettors like Russell Wilson, flipping the Seahawks from +2.5 to -2.5 for Week 1 vs. Ariz


Arizona has a good defense but i don't know how they gave it to the Cardinal's with there QB situation in the first place.
well before this Wilson guy decided to step up we had a qb situation to, I mean think about it we had a unproven guy in Flynn and a rookie 3rd round pick... but we also have a top 5 running game and top 5 defence. So now that I think about it the bettor's are not smart to put us 2.5 under but hey u never know that is why I don't bet on games...
_________________

adopt-a-hawk team: Kam Chancellor
Alan Branch
Marcus Trufant
Byron Maxwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3973
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawks4ever8 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:
Bettors like Russell Wilson, flipping the Seahawks from +2.5 to -2.5 for Week 1 vs. Ariz


Arizona has a good defense but i don't know how they gave it to the Cardinal's with there QB situation in the first place.
well before this Wilson guy decided to step up we had a qb situation to, I mean think about it we had a unproven guy in Flynn and a rookie 3rd round pick... but we also have a top 5 running game and top 5 defence. So now that I think about it the bettor's are not smart to put us 2.5 under but hey u never know that is why I don't bet on games...


Even if Wilson had played bad i would of taken Flynn over whatever they have Kolb has looked awful when not in the hurry up and Skelton is a bit better but he doesn't have a high completion %.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9065
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So guys help me understand something. Was this a decision more about Russell Wilson winning the starting job or Matt Flynn not performing? I will be honest, I thought Flynn would win the job and was not happy when he chose Seattle over Miami. I am sure he is now wishing he had went with Miami because he would be starting by default.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28263
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
So guys help me understand something. Was this a decision more about Russell Wilson winning the starting job or Matt Flynn not performing? I will be honest, I thought Flynn would win the job and was not happy when he chose Seattle over Miami. I am sure he is now wishing he had went with Miami because he would be starting by default.

_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3695
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the Seahawks to win but I was really pulling for Matt Flynn. I just don't believe in a 3rd round rookie like that to be thrown into the fire to succeed. He performed well in the pre-season but I don't think that means he'll be successful in January and February. I don't think Matt Flynn was given a fair chance to get adequate reps with the first team offense in practice nor do I think he was allowed to run HIS offense in the preseason games he appeared in.

I love Wilson's athletic ability but I won't be jumping on the bandwagon until he can prove it when it counts. I admire all of you for wanting to believe in making history but I'm too cynical for that. He seems like a nice kid but with the NFL today it seems like we're further than ever from having a QB like Russell Wilson taking a team to a SuperBowl than ever.

I'll still root for the Seahawks all year - but it's a tough pill to swallow when the horse you bet on doesn't make it out of the gate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3973
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
I want the Seahawks to win but I was really pulling for Matt Flynn. I just don't believe in a 3rd round rookie like that to be thrown into the fire to succeed. He performed well in the pre-season but I don't think that means he'll be successful in January and February. I don't think Matt Flynn was given a fair chance to get adequate reps with the first team offense in practice nor do I think he was allowed to run HIS offense in the preseason games he appeared in.

I love Wilson's athletic ability but I won't be jumping on the bandwagon until he can prove it when it counts. I admire all of you for wanting to believe in making history but I'm too cynical for that. He seems like a nice kid but with the NFL today it seems like we're further than ever from having a QB like Russell Wilson taking a team to a SuperBowl than ever.

I'll still root for the Seahawks all year - but it's a tough pill to swallow when the horse you bet on doesn't make it out of the gate.


How did Flynn not get a fair shot? Caroll told Flynn it was still a competition when he signed.

Peter King said it best on twitter Caroll couldn't tell the locker room that Flynn was the starter after what Wilson did against 1's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawks4ever8 wrote:
but we also have a top 5 running game.


Top 5 running game? By what measure?
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
hawks4ever8 wrote:
but we also have a top 5 running game.


Top 5 running game? By what measure?


Probably from the fact that from weeks 8 to 17 we were a top 5 rushing team in the league. He presumably believes we'll be able to keep up that pace.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 23428
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
khodder wrote:
hawks4ever8 wrote:
but we also have a top 5 running game.


Top 5 running game? By what measure?


Probably from the fact that from weeks 8 to 17 we were a top 5 rushing team in the league. He presumably believes we'll be able to keep up that pace.


And why shouldn't we, now that we have a QB that can actually make plays both in the air AND on the ground, should give Lynch a little more breathing room in the ground game and let him do his thaaaaaang.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
khodder wrote:
hawks4ever8 wrote:
but we also have a top 5 running game.


Top 5 running game? By what measure?


Probably from the fact that from weeks 8 to 17 we were a top 5 rushing team in the league. He presumably believes we'll be able to keep up that pace.


Really? Was it that high? With 96 YPG at 4.25 YPC from Lynch over that same span? Are you sure it was a top five rushing attack over those last 10 games?
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21463
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
khodder wrote:
hawks4ever8 wrote:
but we also have a top 5 running game.


Top 5 running game? By what measure?


Probably from the fact that from weeks 8 to 17 we were a top 5 rushing team in the league. He presumably believes we'll be able to keep up that pace.


Really? Was it that high? With 96 YPG at 4.25 YPC from Lynch over that same span? Are you sure it was a top five rushing attack over those last 10 games?
I believe he meant from week 9 on. Which 104.6 yards per game.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
So guys help me understand something. Was this a decision more about Russell Wilson winning the starting job or Matt Flynn not performing? I will be honest, I thought Flynn would win the job and was not happy when he chose Seattle over Miami. I am sure he is now wishing he had went with Miami because he would be starting by default.


I believe the team fell for Wilson is why Flynn didn't get the job. I have been keeping an eye on Tann and Wilson seems miles ahead for now. I'm sure Flynn didn't go because he knew you had a better chance to pick a franchise QB.

We will see, was hoping to see how Flynn was going to respond with Wilson looking good and players shifting their belief to Wilson. Sounds like Flynn might of pouted when he didn't start pre-season game 3. If that is the case why would Flynn care about a pre-season game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3973
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
So guys help me understand something. Was this a decision more about Russell Wilson winning the starting job or Matt Flynn not performing? I will be honest, I thought Flynn would win the job and was not happy when he chose Seattle over Miami. I am sure he is now wishing he had went with Miami because he would be starting by default.


I believe the team fell for Wilson is why Flynn didn't get the job. I have been keeping an eye on Tann and Wilson seems miles ahead for now. I'm sure Flynn didn't go because he knew you had a better chance to pick a franchise QB.

We will see, was hoping to see how Flynn was going to respond with Wilson looking good and players shifting their belief to Wilson. Sounds like Flynn might of pouted when he didn't start pre-season game 3. If that is the case why would Flynn care about a pre-season game?


I think that is the case as well Turbin had some pretty interesting thing's to say.

Quote:
"He puts in a lot of hard work, man," fellow rookie Robert Turbin said, via the Tacoma News Tribune. "And he deserved to be the starter. He earned it. And I told him that I got his back for a whole career. He's the first guy in and the last guy out, you know what I mean? Sometimes I beat him to the punch. But ever since he's got here, he's acted like a quarterback that's been here for 10 years. He never really acted like a rookie.

"He motivates guys to go to work."


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055559/article/edwards-sees-better-in-russell-wilson-than-sanchez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:


I think that is the case as well Turbin had some pretty interesting thing's to say.

Quote:
"He puts in a lot of hard work, man," fellow rookie Robert Turbin said, via the Tacoma News Tribune. "And he deserved to be the starter. He earned it. And I told him that I got his back for a whole career. He's the first guy in and the last guy out, you know what I mean? Sometimes I beat him to the punch. But ever since he's got here, he's acted like a quarterback that's been here for 10 years. He never really acted like a rookie.

"He motivates guys to go to work."


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055559/article/edwards-sees-better-in-russell-wilson-than-sanchez



That's what this offense needs a true leader in the film room, a guy that the other guys will stay late into the night with and study film, and come in early the next day to prepare for the days practice. The Defense has this already in Earl and Kam, now the offense has this in Wilson, if the other players on offense buy into Wilson and his work habits this offense could explode this year. and if the defense sees the offense putting in work well after the practice whistle has blown, as a whole this team could be very special this year. The truly great ones put in the extra work that others just wont, I find it just amazing how Wilson has developed so quickly, and how he has gotten the other players on this team to follow him as their leader, from rookies-to-vets they see him as the leader of this team.

I can honestly say, I've never been more excited about a rookie then I am right now for Wilson. and the great part about Wilson's success is he has taken some of the pressure off of guys like Irvin and Wagner, now they can just sit behind the scenes and develop without all the media attention..
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group