Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks officially name rookie Russell Wilson starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Bold. Hey, I think he's definitely the franchise QB of the future, I guess he's now franchise QB of the present

Welcome to the club tats, glad to have you Wink

It's ok SoS, come in....sit down. Have a drink and make yourself comfortable
I seriously don't know what the hell you think you read Laughing

I never said I liked Flynn more. I never said I thought Flynn would even be better this year, and I've always stated that Russell would be the Franchise QB (well, since about week 2 of preseason).

What I did say was that it may be to Russell's benefit to sit on the bench this year. That it may be to the teams benefit to have Flynn in there this year. Because if Flynn can get the team the same record, there would be some significant trade value we can get out of Flynn

I don't understand why you would want to sit Wilson that has proven to be the better QB so far in Seattle for an entire year just to get a better trade value out of Flynn, doesn't make sense to me. If Wilson is the better of the two, what good will it do Wilson to sit for a year?, Even is Flynn rides the bench the entire year he would still have a good trade value.

I do understand his mindset. Flynn knows the NFL and has nothing more to learn on the bench.

But after watching Wilson so far, I feel that he won't learn a lot on the bench. We know that he can learn an offense very quickly, and his mechanics are polished.

The O still needs to grow. Let Wilson (the future) grow with them on the field.

(And I'm 110% on the bandwagon)
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Ya this pretty much sums it up. I can't believe I"M GOING TO BE THERE in Phoenix game 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We all we got, we all we need"
imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Bold. Hey, I think he's definitely the franchise QB of the future, I guess he's now franchise QB of the present

I never said I liked Flynn more. I never said I thought Flynn would even be better this year, and I've always stated that Russell would be the Franchise QB (well, since about week 2 of preseason).

What I did say was that it may be to Russell's benefit to sit on the bench this year. That it may be to the teams benefit to have Flynn in there this year. Because if Flynn can get the team the same record, there would be some significant trade value we can get out of Flynn

it's a wink emoticon jeez, get your thong out it's jumble. Is it really that serious? Can i not make jokes....my god.

Wilson is starting, we ALL win...i could care less about right&wrong

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I am simultaneously very happy and very sad, congrats team, you snagged a good one.

+1

I was a fan of him throughout his college years. Sucks he's on a division rival now.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I don't understand why you would want to sit Wilson that has proven to be the better QB so far in Seattle for an entire year just to get a better trade value out of Flynn, doesn't make sense to me. If Wilson is the better of the two, what good will it do Wilson to sit for a year?, Even is Flynn rides the bench the entire year he would still have a good trade value.

I do understand his mindset. Flynn knows the NFL and has nothing more to learn on the bench.

But after watching Wilson so far, I feel that he won't learn a lot on the bench. We know that he can learn an offense very quickly, and his mechanics are polished.

All it would have done is started the process all over again when we made the switch to wilson. We don't just need a starting QB. We need a franchise leader with a direction. You fight battle's with soldier, you win wars with generals. We don't need more than one

Wilson is already the leader on this team, it would have been just delaying the inevitable. Might as well start now, than throw another kink in the grand scheme down the road

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely imani. It is inevitable that Russell Wilson will start on this team. Both QB's played well enough that you can start Russ over Matt.

And Russ is also a dominant leader. I honestly think that he could rally the team like Tebow did for the Broncos last year.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

it's a wink emoticon jeez, get your thong out it's jumble. Is it really that serious? Can i not make jokes....my god.

Considering your last post on this topic was completely unreadable, I had no idea what you were saying...

I'm not going to have you busting my balls for the next 4 years because you didn't understand what I was saying Laughing

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Considering your last post on this topic was completely unreadable, I had no idea what you were saying...

I'm not going to have you busting my balls for the next 4 years because you didn't understand what I was saying Laughing

you know im not the type of guy anyway lol. You know me better than that

I know youu liked wilson as the guy for this team going forward, and respected his game even before i did. Can't knock you, and i wouldn anyway.

I just knew for a fact he would be the starter this year...there was really no way around it

wwhickok wrote:

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tooki wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

All it would have done is started the process all over again when we made the switch to wilson. We don't just need a starting QB. We need a franchise leader with a direction. You fight battle's with soldier, you win wars with generals. We don't need more than one

Wilson is already the leader on this team, it would have been just delaying the inevitable. Might as well start now, than throw another kink in the grand scheme down the road

I agree with you imani, plenty of rookie QBs have started and had success, and it has been stated by many people that if Wilson was 2 inches taller he would have been a top 15 pick. so why not start him if he has proven himself?, and also it's not like the Seahawks are some horrible team that when 4-12 the year before, they are a team with a very,very good defense and a very good running game, that's exactly what a rookie QB needs to be successful, IMO.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also believe that we are pass rush off talking about the SB with this team. I believe that settling the pass rush is another season off.

Until that gets sorted out, we won't make it. Pure and simple.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
imani wrote:
Tooki wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I agree with you imani, plenty of rookie QBs have started and had success, and it has been stated by many people that if Wilson was 2 inches taller he would have been a top 15 pick. so why not start him if he has proven himself?, and also it's not like the Seahawks are some horrible team that when 4-12 the year before, they are a team with a very,very good defense and a very good running game, that's exactly what a rookie QB needs to be successful, IMO.

If mark freaking sanchez can go to the playoffs as rookie, then wilson should take us to the superbowl Laughing (kidding....but seriously, sanchize is terrible)

wwhickok wrote:

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

If mark freaking sanchez can go to the playoffs as rookie, then wilson should take us to the superbowl Laughing (kidding....but seriously, sanchize is terrible)

If this team can stay healthy for the entire season, I can confidently say an NFC West Title is in the near future for sure, and maybe a playoff win also Very Happy

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that it's official I am 100% behind Russell Wilson. There was no wrong choice, which is a really nice luxury, though I was clearly pulling for Flynn. I really think both QBs have the ability to be franchise QBs, so hopefully Flynn gets a shot somewhere else. Really too bad he never got a chance to prove himself in Seattle.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Carroll said all along the best man would win. He couldn't stand in front of his team this week and say Flynn's starting.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/239911643000238080
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day for Seattle though. Wilson is going to be a special player in this league. He's exactly the type of face this franchise needed to represent it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: