Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Lee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eaglehoc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Ryan Lee Reply with quote

Since I have not been able to see him in action I was wondering what viewers of Lee have seen? I have seen written reports saying he is doing very well and even though he was undrafted it seems several of our best players have been undrafted or low draft picks. I know that in his pre-draft workout he did 40 reps at 225 and recorded a 5.0 40-yard dash. Forty reps is pretty awesome and his weight seems similar to DeCastro. With DD out likely for the season what are his chances of moving up into a starter or backup role from where he is now?
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Lee Reply with quote

Eaglehoc wrote:
Since I have not been able to see him in action I was wondering what viewers of Lee have seen? I have seen written reports saying he is doing very well and even though he was undrafted it seems several of our best players have been undrafted or low draft picks. I know that in his pre-draft workout he did 40 reps at 225 and recorded a 5.0 40-yard dash. Forty reps is pretty awesome and his weight seems similar to DeCastro. With DD out likely for the season what are his chances of moving up into a starter or backup role from where he is now?

We never know with this team. Last year they spoke highly of keith williams, this year it is beechum. Both can't even back up IMO. Foster will start at RG. If Gilbert doesn't improve, I would have Adams at RT and Gilbert can be the 6th OL that can play anywhere in a reserve role except C.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has good fluid movement when pulling right. Appears to have good feet.
The sample size has been so small to this point. I'd expect him to make it through the first round of cuts and get a chance to compete and show in the 4th game hopefully for a couple quarters.

...you have a forum resume?
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that there is probably just 2 open spots on the roster. If you think they will keep 5 RB plus a FB ( I really doubt it) then the Oline will lose a spot.

More likely that they keep 4 RB and 9 Oline. Adams Starks, Gilbert, Pouncy Legs, Decastro, Colon, Foster... My bet is Essex is the last one because he can play ( not well) 5 positions. They will try to store Lee on the PS.

They may keep 10 Oline but adding that FB is a b**ch. 3 Qb, 4 RB, 1 FB, 5 WR 3 TE, 9 OL is what I think on offense.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Lee played 3 snaps against Buffalo, he didn't get into the game until there was 1:51 seconds left on the clock.
On those 3 snaps he pulled twice and the third one he was pushed right into backfield on a run because he got high off the snap and the Dlineman got underneath his pads and took him for a ride.

He hasn't been in a game earlier than about 5 minutes left in the game.

I've liked what I've seen in mobility and footwork, but obviously there is a reason he is only getting in at that point in the game. Perhaps like that third play he too often has a high pad level and gets worked quite a bit in practice. Maybe he has trouble learning the plays. Also the fact that he's listed at 308 is concerning, especially at OG. Based upon his limited play that he has had and the fact that he gets such limited play, I'd say he's practice squad material, but there is little chance he makes 53.

...you have a forum resume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: