Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the 53 + Updated Roster Cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Winslow cut. Just me the only one that feels he deserves lots of credit for Wilson getting the starting job? Also could make it more understanding that Martin made the team? I like Martin because he catches with hands, blocks, and 28 but not beat up over the last 5 years.

Wha? Shocked Shocked Shocked You can't be serious, can you?

It is Russell Wilson that deserves the credit that made him the starting QB, C'mon man!!!, Winslow had 3 catches for 34yds and 1 TD Rolling Eyes, Now if you want to give any credit to someone (that isn't Wilson) give it to Braylon Edwards he had some huge grabs for Wilson that went for some chunk yards. Wink Wink, and if you didn't notice TE Anthony McCoy had 6 catches for 106yds Avg. 17.7 Very Happy

IDK for sure but just seem Wnslow had good things to say about Wilson and seemed very glad Wilson was named the starter over Flynn. Atleast that was the flavor I tasted. Edwards seemed a little more swadowed by the talk about Winslow. Edwards just seemed to went out there did his job and let the coaches coach.

I'm not saying Flynn over Wilson, just thinking its weird how Winslow seemed vocal Wilson should be starter then quits.

Actually Edward's told Doug Farrar that Wilson right now is better then Mark Sanchez was when he was coming into the league.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
I think Winslow being released had to do with 3 things:

1) he wouldnt take a paycut
2) he really isn't physically fit
3) there was a guy out there who could essentially be Kellen for a lot cheaper

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
hdshot wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Winslow cut. Just me the only one that feels he deserves lots of credit for Wilson getting the starting job? Also could make it more understanding that Martin made the team? I like Martin because he catches with hands, blocks, and 28 but not beat up over the last 5 years.

It is Russell Wilson that deserves the credit that made him the starting QB, C'mon man!!!, Winslow had 3 catches for 34yds and 1 TD Rolling Eyes, Now if you want to give any credit to someone (that isn't Wilson) give it to Braylon Edwards he had some huge grabs for Wilson that went for some chunk yards. Wink Wink, and if you didn't notice TE Anthony McCoy had 6 catches for 106yds Avg. 17.7 Very Happy

IDK for sure but just seem Wnslow had good things to say about Wilson and seemed very glad Wilson was named the starter over Flynn. Atleast that was the flavor I tasted. Edwards seemed a little more swadowed by the talk about Winslow. Edwards just seemed to went out there did his job and let the coaches coach.

I'm not saying Flynn over Wilson, just thinking its weird how Winslow seemed vocal Wilson should be starter then quits.

Actually Edward's told Doug Farrar that Wilson right now is better then Mark Sanchez was when he was coming into the league.

Bingo. And watch the most recent Real Rob Report video. Sherm is all over Russell Wilson (yes he is a character, but it tells you about what the team thinks of him)
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
hdshot wrote:

I didn't mean it as an attack on you, I'm just saying Wilson put a few guys on this team with his great play, I mean Braylon Edwards doesn't make this team with T-Jax throwing him the ball, Anthony McCoy doesn't look as good w/Jackson-or-Flynn, Wilson just has that 'it' factor working for him and not many QBs have it. Wilson is a guy that the other players will go out and battle with, and battle for.

I'm so excited for next weekend, SoS your GDT better be up to par Very Happy Wink

oh, and sounds like a major bummer alert,

Quote:
Drafted by the Browns, Winslow was traded to Tampa in 2009. The Bucs sent him to Seattle for a seventh-round pick in 2013, which could have upgraded to a sixth-round pick. (In theory, itís possible that the pick did upgrade, if the condition was Winslow making it onto the final 53-man roster. He accomplished that feat. For less than a day.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/01/seahawks-release-kellen-winslow/

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
I think Winslow being released had to do with 2 things:

1) he wouldnt take a paycut
2) the emergence of Anthony McCoy

Smart guy.

Quote:
Anthony McCoy - TE - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll suggested TE Anthony McCoy's improvement contributed to Kellen Winslow's release.
"This was a great pick for us a couple years back," Carroll said of McCoy. "He's really grown into a versatile tight end for us." McCoy led the Seahawks in receiving this preseason after showing a penchant for dropped passes in his first two years. He's the No. 2 tight end, behind Zach Miller.
Source: seahawks.com
Sep 2 - 12:00 AM

"We all we got, we all we need"
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following your team from afar so I didnt know anything about Anthony McCoy. All I saw was that you guys cut Kellen Winslow Jr and was thinking why in the world???? I still feel like it couldn't hurt to have as many weapons as possible for a young QB especially without an elite #1 WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: