Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's on your 53 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23295
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ex-Bengal FS Tom Nelson released by The Eagles.

Anyone like Tom ?


Our special teams coverage is fine, that's the only reason they'd consider signing him for.


He was ok for us. He showed some ability, but at this time we have good safety and corner depth. As Anonymous said, he would be ok on special teams but doubt we have a spot for him
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3282
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Kashif Moore waived Monday to get the 53 down to 75.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5577
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does Whalen get traded, make the 53 man roster, or go to IR?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18712
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
So does Whalen get traded, make the 53 man roster, or go to IR?


I think he'll go on IR.

With the amount of time he's spent in the trainers room, i can't see him making the team.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15646
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whalen has to agree to go on the IR, he may just get cut. Sure looks like the WR will be:

AJ Green
Mohammed Sanu
Armon Binns
Andrew Hawkins
Marvin Jones
Brandon Tate
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18712
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Whalen has to agree to go on the IR, he may just get cut. Sure looks like the WR will be:

AJ Green
Mohammed Sanu
Armon Binns
Andrew Hawkins
Marvin Jones
Brandon Tate


I don't see how it won't be those guys. Only way Whalen makes the team is as a 7th receiver. And i really doubt that happens.

It's kind of a shame - i like whalen
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15646
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Whalen has to agree to go on the IR, he may just get cut. Sure looks like the WR will be:

AJ Green
Mohammed Sanu
Armon Binns
Andrew Hawkins
Marvin Jones
Brandon Tate


I don't see how it won't be those guys. Only way Whalen makes the team is as a 7th receiver. And i really doubt that happens.

It's kind of a shame - i like whalen


Eh, he's no Kevin Walter, I think if we cut him loose, that's it for him more than likely.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26706
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Kirkpatrick starting at CB across from Hall? If not, how long until he takes that job?

I hear you guys will be mixing Clements some safety this season?

How has he along with Mays and Lawson look thus far?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16251
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Is Kirkpatrick starting at CB across from Hall? If not, how long until he takes that job?


Kirkpatrick is still hurt. Probably won't start opposite Hall until halfway into the season at the earlest, if at all this season.

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I hear you guys will be mixing Clements some safety this season?


Zimmer likes to move guys around. With how thin we are at corner though, he'll probably still primarily be a corner this season.

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

How has he along with Mays and Lawson look thus far?


Both have looked good IMO. Mays has been a beast against the run and ok in coverage. He had a major issue taking out our own players with some reckless hits but aside from that, he's looked good.

Lawson has been solid overall although he hurt his groin in the last preseason game. He's been rushing the passer more as well...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26706
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response................................

Clements has looked good? Interesting, I thought he'd have a big slippage this season as he didn't look too good late last year. Good to hear though.

Taylor Mays blew up the Falcons FB and had a nice hit against Crabtree but was called for a BS penalty. Hopefully he plays well for you guys, a guy I definitely root for. He will never be elite in coverage but even decent is a BIG plus.

I remember being told Lawson wasn't used in coverage much last season but hopefully that changes this year. He is a beast and can move most TEs in the league. Sucks he got hurt but will he be ready for the opener? Groin injuries are killers............................
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3282
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Eh, he's no Kevin Walter, I think if we cut him loose, that's it for him more than likely.


I doubt Whalens' NFL career would be over.

I would suspect he may get some interest from the 49ers. HC Jim Harbaugh was his college coach at Stanford, where Whalen was a standout. He could also follow Khashif Moore up the I-74 for a re-unite at the Colts with his old Stanford buddy Andrew Luck.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5577
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Eh, he's no Kevin Walter, I think if we cut him loose, that's it for him more than likely.


I doubt Whalens' NFL career would be over.

I would suspect he may get some interest from the 49ers. HC Jim Harbaugh was his college coach at Stanford, where Whalen was a standout. He could also follow Khashif Moore up the I-74 for a re-unite at the Colts with his old Stanford buddy Andrew Luck.


This. If the Colts didn't have the rights to first claims this year, I am sure they would have called about a trade for a late pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yayareaninerfan


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 1259
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed to hear about Whalen. I played with him in high school, really good guy and hard worker
_________________


Kenny Powers wrote:
Patrick Willis; runs like a cheetah, hits like a super pissed rhino
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18712
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayareaninerfan wrote:
Disappointed to hear about Whalen. I played with him in high school, really good guy and hard worker


Can't make the team from the tub. He probably would have had a pretty good chance otherwise, but unfortunately the numbers game often means the guy who spends the most time with the trainers gets the ax.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group