Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF's NFC East Top 20 (2-1 up)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Crying? Who's crying?

Telling you the list sucks and crying are pretty different. I commend the effort, but to call this list an "excellent job" is laughable.

Whether a NYG rep was there or not, the goal was to make the most accurate list possible. I understand when working in a group that certain opinions (although they may be terrible) have to be acknowledged. I would agree with Dez up a little and Austin down quite a bit.

The bells and whistles in this project are great. Its just too bad that the rankings don't measure up.

So...then...

...what are your rankings (again...the point of this list is to generate discussion and have the different fan bases start considering what will happen).

Note - this is for 2012. Meaning someone like Peters - while great - won't be playing.

[Also. I had no say in the physical order of the list. My opinion was not ranked.]

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be tempted to make a list up but I'm well aware that I'm not a good judge of O-line talent (and perhaps in a couple other parts of the field TBH) so I'm sure my list wouldn't be that great either Very Happy

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
I'd be tempted to make a list up but I'm well aware that I'm not a good judge of O-line talent (and perhaps in a couple other parts of the field TBH) so I'm sure my list wouldn't be that great either Very Happy

Honestly. I think Oline is the WEAKEST point in the NFC E.

I like some of the individuals for the Future. But with Snee falling off - and I think Mathis being overhyped - I don't see all that much talent in the Oline department.

[Note. My comments are not that Snee sucks. But rather he is not as good as he used to be]

In Redball I Trust!
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler alert... Doug Free is #1.

Laughing
R2theDizzlE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commend the effort put into this by all those involved. It's a shame we couldn't get at least one Giants member to step up to be involved. Oh, well. it is what it is. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts on it.

Kerrigan should be in the top 20. Somewhere between 17-20 imo. However, Fletcher should be a few spots lower. I'd say between 12-14.

I also concur with the notion that Dez and Miles should be switched, but feel they should be closer together.

I think Tuck also deserves to be knocked a few players lower as well, in the Fletcher range I stated previously.

My one true grievance here though is Nicks at #11. I'm having a really hard time seeing 10 players considered better in the NFCE to be honest. If somebody could validly argue that with me, I'd be happy to entertain the why.

I dont debate with KoS anymore. Period. I am at too much of a disadvantage when the person I am debating with isnt bound by reality like I am. Wink
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this list is pretty well done overall, but Nicks at #11? There better not be another WR on the rest of the list if Nicks is at 11. If Maclin is ranked higher than Nicks, everything nice I've said about the list can be flushed down the toilet.

Here's something to put this list into perspective. Dan Graziano, NFC East Blogger for ESPN, is doing an NFC East Top 20 of his own. His list is up to #5, and is as follows:

20. Ahmad Bradshaw
19. Evan Mathis
18. Osi Umenyiora
17. DeSean Jackson
16. Dez Bryant
15. Jason Witten
14. Brian Orakpo
13. Tyron Smith
12. Michael Vick
11. London Fletcher
10. Victor Cruz
9. Jason Babin
8. Justin Tuck
7. Tony Romo
6. Hakeem Nicks

Since the guy analyzes and writes about the NFC East for a living, just thought I'd throw his perspective in there. #1 should be out either the day of or the day before the first game of the season.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth. I agree with Nicks being too low. I would switch him with who is #8.

In Redball I Trust!
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. McCoy and Maclin at #2 and #1?

Yea. No.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

Yea. No.

Laughing

Me thinks, thou doth forgetith someone...

In Redball I Trust!
R2theDizzlE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yea. No.

Laughing

Me thinks, thou doth forgetith someone...

McCoy #2 and Ware #1?

I dont debate with KoS anymore. Period. I am at too much of a disadvantage when the person I am debating with isnt bound by reality like I am. Wink
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who doesn't get Eli not at #1? People see how when when DeMarcus Ware and JPP are practically alone the defenses aren't going to be very good.

When Eli has no O-Line or running game and just two receivers he worked with extensively to start the season we finish a top 10 offense.

You have to be a Lawrence Taylor to surpass the value of a top 5 QB IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't get Eli not at #1? People see how when when DeMarcus Ware and JPP are practically alone the defenses aren't going to be very good.

When Eli has no O-Line or running game and just two receivers he worked with extensively to start the season we finish a top 10 offense.

Yeah. I made my feeling about that known in the Eagles forum thread.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:

The problem with sole positional importance would mean good players like Victor Cruz need to take a free fall for players like Vick or Smith.

Eli is a good QB. But he is not a sure HOFer. Eli often does very little to impress me. He didn't finish in top 5 in TDs. He didn't finish in top 3 in Yards. He didn't finish in top 10 completion percentage. I actually think Eli should be lower, but that's just me (albeit it's just by 1 spot I have him lower). But again. My vote didn't count.

In Redball I Trust!
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Eli is a good QB. But he is not a sure HOFer. Eli often does very little to impress me. He didn't finish in top 5 in TDs. He didn't finish in top 3 in Yards. He didn't finish in top 10 completion percentage. I actually think Eli should be lower, but that's just me (albeit it's just by 1 spot I have him lower). But again. My vote didn't count.

oh geez, here we go again... Laughing
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:

The problem with sole positional importance would mean good players like Victor Cruz need to take a free fall for players like Vick or Smith.

If he retired today Eli would be in the HoF. You may not agree with it but that's the way it would be. But that's a whole other debate.

Yes, I forgot Ware. Which doesn't make things much better because he's not better than Eli or JPP...frankly I think Tuck is way too low as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: