Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uh Oh...Chris Houston sounds like the worst injury yesterday
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andjordand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Uh Oh...Chris Houston sounds like the worst injury yesterday Reply with quote

I just adopted him, if its a high ankle sprain and he's out half the season, I think I'll put my name in for Justin Miller, we could use a couple returns like the one he popped off yesterday throughout this season.

Was anyone else confused by seeing #43 playing corner, then running back - what if Miller and Stephon Green both make the roster? should they have a staring contest to see who gets to keep their number?

Link:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120825/SPORTS0101/208250406/1126/rss14
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope it's not a high ankle sprain. Those suck.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling all grocery baggers.......

Tryouts for Lions DB's in aisle 4
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

Maybe a CFL guy?

Does Justin Miller count as a grocery bagger type? He didn't play the last 2 years right?

R.I.P. Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Houston is out for awhile then I'd bank on Mayhew making a trade for a CB.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Who could we target? To help judge value Vontae Davis just got traded for a high 2nd.

R.I.P. Stylish
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said he walked with no problem?!?! These guys are nuts!! I personally think he'll be fine and ready for the season. Stafford and Smith are both OK.Bentley is the only unknown right now. But you can play with a hurt shoulder. It sucks, but possible. Also just wondering will any starters play next week? I forget if the play final preseason game at all. I really hope not though.
carlande

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreal. For the past 2 drafts (like many here) I've wanted the Lions to target early round DBs because:

#1) DBs have been constantly injured. This year is no exception, but this is ridiculous. Compound that with the fact that the Lions have little talent back there.

#2) The DBs (as everyone knows) are problematic. Houston was the only sure thing.

This year I liked the Reif pick as the Lions needed a versitile O-lineman, AND the better corners didn't fall to the Lions in Rd 1. Why though did we draft yet another receiver right after that? Weren't there already 3 very good receivers on a team that loves to throw to the TE position? This team is overloaded at WR. That will work out if someone gets injured. Even then it's pure luxury. At corner this year I suppose they thought Berry was still a good fit. Too bad he has the maturity and disposition of a tempermental 12 year old. Finally in the 3rd round the Lions took Bentley who apparently played well in camp. But he's still a 3rd round rookie.

The year before I was screaming for CB and the Lions drafted another DT who will be coming off the bench again this season. I guess if you didn't like Corey Williams or Sammie Lee Hill the pick made sense. To me it was a great example of the BPA philosophy over-extending it's usefulness. I wanted Jimmy Smith to be the pick. The Ravens are trying to groom him at the #1 spot right now. Hindsight is 20/20 I know, but I disliked the Fairley pick then and it looks much worse now.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

I heard they are going to do a seat raffle.

"Would the gentlemen in section 128, seat G12 and seat C24 please come down and suit up? Make sure you are plenty liquored up, refreshments free in locker room."
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Unreal. For the past 2 drafts (like many here) I've wanted the Lions to target early round DBs because:

#1) DBs have been constantly injured. This year is no exception, but this is ridiculous. Compound that with the fact that the Lions have little talent back there.

#2) The DBs (as everyone knows) are problematic. Houston was the only sure thing.

This year I liked the Reif pick as the Lions needed a versitile O-lineman, AND the better corners didn't fall to the Lions in Rd 1. Why though did we draft yet another receiver right after that? Weren't there already 3 very good receivers on a team that loves to throw to the TE position? This team is overloaded at WR. That will work out if someone gets injured. Even then it's pure luxury. At corner this year I suppose they thought Berry was still a good fit. Too bad he has the maturity and disposition of a tempermental 12 year old. Finally in the 3rd round the Lions took Bentley who apparently played well in camp. But he's still a 3rd round rookie.

The year before I was screaming for CB and the Lions drafted another DT who will be coming off the bench again this season. I guess if you didn't like Corey Williams or Sammie Lee Hill the pick made sense. To me it was a great example of the BPA philosophy over-extending it's usefulness. I wanted Jimmy Smith to be the pick. The Ravens are trying to groom him at the #1 spot right now. Hindsight is 20/20 I know, but I disliked the Fairley pick then and it looks much worse now.

Well to be fair the guys we could've taken in the 2nd don't leave much to be desire really. I mean Casey Heyward sounds positive thus far so that could've been a nice add maybe, Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson I have heard next to nothing about.

Granted he's been going against top talent but J. Smith has got burned quite a bit this preseason.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
carlande wrote:

Well to be fair the guys we could've taken in the 2nd don't leave much to be desire really. I mean Casey Heyward sounds positive thus far so that could've been a nice add maybe, Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson I have heard next to nothing about.

Granted he's been going against top talent but J. Smith has got burned quite a bit this preseason.
Josh Norman went later (4th?) and i really wanted him. I'm pretty sure he's been impressing. He would be a great nickel CB.

R.I.P. Stylish
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Who could we target? To help judge value Vontae Davis just got traded for a high 2nd.

1. Dunta Robinson (I'm sure he's not available but they do have a lot of money tied up in those 3 corners)
2. Leodis McKelvin (He is starting to look pretty good in the slot, not sure if Buffalo will let him go now.)
3. Mike Jenkins (He's hurt but we might be able to get him for a 7th, maybe even a conditional one and cost us nothing, we will miss a the first few games but when our other CBs start getting banged up towards the middle/end of the season we could really use him.)
4. Cary Williams (Is looking for a decent sized contract, not sure if we can give him one. He is number 3 on the Depth chart in Baltimore.)
5. Quentin Jammer (Is getting up there in age, and the Chargers have spent some picks on CBs or the last couple of years and I can't believe he's in their future plans. I think he could be had for a mid round pick, would be just a stop gap player, but at least he could start.)
6. Joselio Hanson ( I think Boykin beats him out for the nickel spot. Could be cut to save cap space.)
7. Andre Goodman (I think he's getting too old to really contribute, but I think he's still available.)
8. Terrance Mcgee (Can't stay healthy but might also get cut. Could be worth a look.)

There's a few, and too be honest they aren't great option(and maybe unrealistic). Man, I really wish we would have traded for Vontae Davis...
carlande

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
carlande wrote:

It's the precedent of the matter more than the results your seeing by any guy this pre-season. Any DB outside the 1st round in his rookie season is usually buried on the depth chart. Unless the kid is special, it's usually out of desperation that a team has to play a rookie corner as a starter. Conversely, that's also where Broyles will be, regardless of how well he plays in camp. Due to the lack of depth, I'd guess Bentley (half out of desperation/not for lack of ability) will be thrust into starting. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Bentley will be a great corner for the Detroit Lions.

As far as Jimmy Smith goes, Calvin made him look bad. Name a cornerback, besides maybe Woodson and Revis a few years ago, where Calvin seemed outplayed. Jimmy Smith hasn't gained that starting spot yet, and he might not get it, but he'd be a guy that the Lions could use right now on the outside.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

1. Dunta Robinson (I'm sure he's not available but they do have a lot of money tied up in those 3 corners)
2. Leodis McKelvin (He is starting to look pretty good in the slot, not sure if Buffalo will let him go now.)
3. Mike Jenkins (He's hurt but we might be able to get him for a 7th, maybe even a conditional one and cost us nothing, we will miss a the first few games but when our other CBs start getting banged up towards the middle/end of the season we could really use him.)
4. Cary Williams (Is looking for a decent sized contract, not sure if we can give him one. He is number 3 on the Depth chart in Baltimore.)
5. Quentin Jammer (Is getting up there in age, and the Chargers have spent some picks on CBs or the last couple of years and I can't believe he's in their future plans. I think he could be had for a mid round pick, would be just a stop gap player, but at least he could start.)
6. Joselio Hanson ( I think Boykin beats him out for the nickel spot. Could be cut to save cap space.)
7. Andre Goodman (I think he's getting too old to really contribute, but I think he's still available.)
8. Terrance Mcgee (Can't stay healthy but might also get cut. Could be worth a look.)

There's a few, and too be honest they aren't great option(and maybe unrealistic). Man, I really wish we would have traded for Vontae Davis...

Those two in bold are probably the only ones I'd be interested in, and even then I'm not sure about Hanson as he is no better than Smith (great in slot, disaster when forced outside).

Cary Williams would be a nice option but he's looking for a new contract.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Those two in bold are probably the only ones I'd be interested in, and even then I'm not sure about Hanson as he is no better than Smith (great in slot, disaster when forced outside).

Cary Williams would be a nice option but he's looking for a new contract.

I agree about Hanson. Williams I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure what I'd be willing to pay him. Depending on what we would have to give up, I'd be willing to take a gamble on any of the first four.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: