Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF's NFC East Top 20 (All caught up)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: FF's NFC East Top 20 (All caught up) Reply with quote

Welcome to the list of the NFC East's top 20 players. This was organized by Texas_OutLaw7, and voted on by some fantastic posters around the NFC East, including The_Slamman, ianlewis16, Kiltman, Turtle28, and footy_29. As usual, no Giants' representative stepped up to the plate. All of us tried to be as unbiased as we possibly could when ranking these players, and we would love to hear everyone else's feedback.

Leading up to the regular season, Slam and I will be releasing a few players at a time before finally revealing the number one player. Here is the release schedule:

Quote:
Saturday release the Honorable Mentions
Sunday release players 20-18
Monday release players 17-15
Tuesday release players 14-12
Wednesday release players 11-9
Thursday release players 8-6
Friday release players 5-3
Saturday release player #2
Sunday release player #1

And without further ado, here are the honorable mentions...

Honorable Mentions

Quote:
Like many current Giants stars, Webster came into his own in the 2007 campaign towards a Super Bowl, going from a special teams contributor to starter. He has maintained a good consistant level of play since then, and finished with a career high 6 interceptions last year. With many Giants corners hobbled by injury, Webster will lead the New York corners yet again this year.

Quote:
N/A

Quote:
Dez Bryant may be one of the most physically imposing wide receivers in the game today. If he can get his head on straight, Bryant should quickly develop into one of the best receivers all around in the NFL. As of now, however, Bryant just sneaks into the honorable mentions list for best players in the NFC East. Until he can prove that he can consistently dominate games, Dez should not yet crack the top 20. But don't think he is far off.

Quote:
N/A

Quote:
It really speaks to the depth of the the division if when a guy who's had 33 Sacks in the the last two years is only an honorable mention. Babin is a bit one sided as a player, he isn't the greatest run-defender. However he does one of the leagues most important facets extremely well, and should continue this resurgence from the former bust he was that Jim Washburn unlocked two years ago in Tennessee.

Last edited by flyingmonkey30 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 Stats: 43 receptions | 579 yards | 7 TDs | 13.5 AVG

Quote:
Miles Austin squeaked into the top 20 despite his recent injury history. When Austin is healthy is is a legit top 10 WR in the NFL. The problem, of course, is the Austin has repeatedly suffered hamstring injuries which have limited his playing time..

2011 Stats: 58 receptions | 961 yards | 4 TDs | 16.6 AVG

Quote:
Desean had an off year last year, and he acknowledged that his contract situation effected his play last season. However he only did slightly worse statistically, and stepped up in the latter part of the 2011 season. But now that he has been payed, and is happy, Desean should return to being one of the leagues best playmakers in 2012.

2011 Stats: 16 GS & GP

Quote:
Coming from Saginaw Valley State, The Toddfather goes about life in the NFL with little fanfare. After being one of the best guard in the league for a couple years, he was asked to fill in at RT less than two weeks before the season in 2011.....and his performance barely dropped at all, and within a few weeks got back to the level of play that fans were accustomed to all those years at guard. Herremans is one of the best O-linemen in the game, let alone the division, and should once again prove that he is in 2012.

2011 Stats: 16 GS & GP

Quote:
For the first time in the Jerry Jones era, an offensive lineman was selected in the first round. With the 9th overall pick, Jones passed up flashier players like Prince Amukamara and J.J. Watt for the athletic lineman out of USC. Smith had a fantastic year on the right side of the line, and will make the transition to left tackle this season. Still the youngest player on the Cowboys, Smith looks like a cornerstone left tackle that Dallas has been looking for since Flozell Adams departed.

2011 Stats: 3,303 receptions | 18 yards | 14 INT | 59.8 CMP%

Quote:
Michael Vick hasn't really shown much during the preseason, but then again he never has. Vick enjoyed his first offseason as starting QB of the eagles this year, during which he worked tirelessly to improve his game. He was at the complex everyday, except for his wedding of course, working on blitz pickup and overall mastery of Andy Reid's offense. Mike Vick hopes to get closer to the 2010 version of himself rather than the disappointing 2011 version this year. If he can the rest of the league will feel it.

2011 Stats: 45 tackles | 4 INT | 15 passes defended

Quote:
Carr is one of the most physical CBs in the NFL today and has the ability to take a WR out of a play before the WR can even get into his route. He brings an edge to the Cowboys secondary that it has been missing since days of Deion Sanders and Darren Woodson. Carr fits perfectly into Rob Ryan's defensive scheme. The question now becomes whether Carr can do the same things against the NFCE that he did against the AFCW. By making this list, the voters gave Carr the benefit of the doubt.

2011 Stats: 82 receptions | 1,536 yards | 9 TD | 18.7 AVG

Quote:
Many people's first response after the first few Giants games last year was "Who the heck is Victor Cruz?" But it wasn't long until everyone knew who exactly he was, and by years end he finished with an impressive 1,536 yards receiving and 9 touchdowns, and was one of the leagues best in 2011. Cruz hopes to prove he was no fluke in 2012

2011 Stats: 105 tackles | 4 INT | 2 FR

Quote:
Sean Lee is one of the fastest rising young players in the NFL. In his first year as a starter, Lee recorded 105 tackles and 4 INTs. Lee has great instincts for the football and excels at diagnosing plays at the snap. Lee has become the vocal leader that the Cowboys defense has been missing. The thing that stands out most about Lee is that he does things the right way with the right attitude. Lee will be a dominating force in the NFC East for years to come.

2011 Stats: 59 tackles | 9.0 Sacks | 3 FF | 1 FR

Quote:
N/A

2011 Stats: 78 receptions | 1,192 yards | 7 TD | 15.7 AVG

Quote:
Being the 5th reciever off the board in the '09 draft, Hakeem Nicks had a chip on his shoulder from day one in the NFL. Since then he has risen to be one of the best recievers not only in his class but in the league. If Hakeem can shake off his injury proneness, one can only imagine the impressive number he would put up. Hicks is healthy and ready to go for a big 2012 .

2011 Stats: 37 tackles | 5 SACK | 1 FF | 3 PD

Quote:
Justin Tuck has been an top-tier D-end for 5 years, and it's no coincidence that the Giants have won 2 championships in that time-span. Eli Manning might've had a big role in the game, but it was the dominate performance of the D-line, with Tuck being one of the most impressive, that helped get the Giants get there in the first place... as well as keep future hall of famer Tom Brady on his heels the whole time he was out there. Tuck was a bit banged up last year, but looks to stay health and dominate yet again in 2012.

2011 Stats: 166 tackles | 1.5 Sacks | 3 FF | 2 INT | 8 PD

Quote:
N/A

2011 Stats: 79 receptions | 942 yards | 5 TD | 11.9 AVG

Quote:
While Witten may not be quite at the level he once was, he is still a dominant tight end, and Tony Romo's go to option. The tough as nails tight end rarely misses a game, and is one of the most consistent players in all of football, regardless of position. He is not, and never has been, a flashy player. He is, however, a downright great football player. A leader on and off the field, Witten is still arguably a top five tight end in the league.

2011 Stats: 4,184 yards | 31 TDs | 10 INT | 66.3 CMP%

Quote:
In 2011, Romo went a long way towards silencing many of his critics when he put up amazing stats, limited mistakes, and played through a broken rib and punctured lung. Since 2006, Romo has demonstrated the ability to make incredible plays and put up big numbers in the passing game. However, that same ability also labeled Romo as a gunslinger. For all the superlatives, there were always the negatives. In 2011, Romo still displayed his houdini-esque escapes, but he also played with more control. This resulted in a 3 to 1 TD ration and a 104 QB rating. At 32, Romo is playing the best football of his career. The question in 2012 seems to be whether Romo's OL will do enough to help the Cowboys and their QB take the next step.

2011 Stats: 40 tackles | 3 INT | 5 PD

Quote:
Nnamdi didn't have his greatest season last year, but it was still better than most other corners in the league. Without catering to Asante Samuel inability to change sides or scheme and having an offseason to work out the kinks...Nnamdi should be back to his old level of play once again. Asomugha is tall, lean, and fast....he has long arms that just brick-wall recievers at the line..but the speed to stick with them down field as well. Nnamdi will match-up against every teams number one threat in 2012, whether that be a tightend or wide reciever, and shut them down.

2011 Stats: 44 tackles | 11 sacks | 1 FF

Quote:
The Hunter has been underrated his whole career, so we are glad he really is starting to get the recognition he deserves. He is one of the best run stopping defensive ends in the league, and that's probably not even the best part of his game. Trent Cole has made a living taking down opposing QBs, and last year with the aid of Jim Washburn's wide 9 alignment...he took that to another level. Cole will once again be one of this leagues very best ends in 2012

2011 Stats: 4,933 yards | 29 TDs | 16 INT | 6 fumbles | 61.0 CMP%

Quote:
Before last season, Eli Manning said that he belonged amongst the leagues elite quarterbacks. And most fans & analysts laughed at the notion after Eltuned just turned in a disappointing 2010 with 30 turnovers.Eli's response was almost 5,000 yards, 29 TDs and he lead his team to their 2nd Superbowl in 5 years. And while Eli might not be as good of a pure passer of Brees or Rodgers...they cant say they've did that.

2011 Stats: 85 tackles | 16.5 sacks | 7 PD | 2 FF

Quote:
Coming out of college, JPP showed incredible talent but was seen by many as a one year wonder. Unfortunately for NFL Offenses it was only a sign of things to come, because Pierre-Paul was a force to be reckoned with in 2011 putting in an All-Pro performance and leading the Giants on Defense to a Super Bowl title. At 23, JPP looks like he will be terrorizing opposing offenses for many years to come

2011 Stats: 1,624 Total Yards | 20 TDs | 4.8 RuAVG | 273 ATT | 48 REC

Quote:
The most lethal dual threat running back in the league, Lesean "Shady" McCoy has unmatched with his cut on a dime agility, is an excellent pass catcher, and has just spooky awareness. He's incredibly tough, and but with his awareness.. very rarely ever takes big hits. After turning just 24, and coming off a statement season...Shady is poised to have another elite season in what appears to be the first chapter in a great career

2011 Stats: 58 tackles | 19.5 sacks | 2 PD | 2 FF

Quote:
Ware is not just the best player in the division, but he is also one of the best players in the entire NFL. Since he was drafted 11th overall by Dallas in the 2005 NFL Draft, Ware has dominated, year in and year out. He has never missed a game in seven seasons, and has 99.5 career sacks in that time span. He has shown no signs of slowing down, accumulating 19.5 sacks this past season. Look for Ware to have another double digit sack season this year.

Last edited by flyingmonkey30 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys Thread

Eagles Thread

Giants Thread

Redskins Thread

Come join the discussion happening in the other threads!

Again shout out to everyone who helped.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd best thread on FF.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey has been anything but consistent. End of 07 and 08 he was good then his play significantly fell off before having another good season. Love to see who wrote his profile Ans felt he's been consistent

Sig courtesy of mack.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Corey has been anything but consistent. End of 07 and 08 he was good then his play significantly fell off before having another good season. Love to see who wrote his profile Ans felt he's been consistent

I did.... I really had no clue so looked at his stats and wiki paged and BSed it. No Giants fans stepped up, I didnt think he shouldve made it if I'm being honest.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

He started off 2009 well and tanked with the rest of the defense as you said in the second half (also dealt with injury I can't recall at the moment). As you said, he had a good 2011 and I thought he was pretty good in 2010 too.

He'll have a couple bad games, a couple of fantastic games, and the rest range from average to very good. He's not shutdown but he at least deserves an honorable mention.

Would like to see the numbers, haven't seen them since 2008 tbh. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see this and thank all who put the work into this,but I'm curious as to how this is being ranked.I took a sneak peak into the Eagles forum to see picks 20-18 and noticed both Austin and Jackson were there,really,I can't imagine any way either deserve to be above Dez,I'll ignore Miles for now as he was injured;if based upon last year,Dez has the upper hand(both had inconsistent games,but Dez's 9 TD catches to Jackson's 4 puts him above in my eyes),if based upon future potential,would anyone honestly take Jackson over Dez?While Dez has had minor issues off the field,he's been improving every year he's been with the team,he gives it his all every play,while Desean has publicly announced he was playing to not get hurt.Again,I'm just curious as to what these rankings are based upon.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Excited to see this and thank all who put the work into this,but I'm curious as to how this is being ranked.I took a sneak peak into the Eagles forum to see picks 20-18 and noticed both Austin and Jackson were there,really,I can't imagine any way either deserve to be above Dez,I'll ignore Miles for now as he was injured;if based upon last year,Dez has the upper hand(both had inconsistent games,but Dez's 9 TD catches to Jackson's 4 puts him above in my eyes),if based upon future potential,would anyone honestly take Jackson over Dez?While Dez has had minor issues off the field,he's been improving every year he's been with the team,he gives it his all every play,while Desean has publicly announced he was playing to not get hurt.Again,I'm just curious as to what these rankings are based upon.

For what it's worth, I wanted Dez higher. But I had no vote and the committee of six disagreed....heavily. Laughing

Dez almost didn't make the HM.

In Redball I Trust!
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerrigan? Out of 88 starters, there has to be 25 people that have consistently been better then him. I am also tempted to say the same about Dez.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Kerrigan? Out of 88 starters, there has to be 25 people that have consistently been better then him. I am also tempted to say the same about Dez.

To clarify - this is going into 2012 - who are the players you feel will be the best.

In Redball I Trust!
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

To clarify - this is going into 2012 - who are the players you feel will be the best.

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head considering I don't know who else is on the list. But I think there have to be a few players who have shown to be just as if not more dependable for a longer period of time.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

I actually think Kerrigan should have be HIGHER on the list. Kerrigan is turning into a beast.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

I actually think Kerrigan should have be HIGHER on the list. Kerrigan is turning into a beast.

Yeah, I am confused as well. Kerrigan played better than osackpo last year.

Dez will be top 7 by years end. Just FYI.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

I am all for this post! I have no problem keeping Kerrigan one of our best kept secrets. So if anyone has anything good to say about him, shhhhhhhhhh! There are easily 25 better starters than him, not even close. He's really not that good Wink

mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: