Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intra-division top 20 players in the NFCE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Intra-division top 20 players in the NFCE Reply with quote

Sign work done by Kiltman, an eagles fan:

This a bi-partisan made list, Me, kitman, Ian, texas_outlaw, Slamman, theskinsfan21 and footy_29 each voted and from that we came up with the 2012 Top 20 players, also with the next top five as honorable mentions. No Giant poster stepped up so don't whine if you are a fan that someone isn't high enough, we tried to be as unbiased as we could.

Over the next week I will be releasing a few players, discus the players position on the list or thoughts in general about the list in this thread.

We should be getting a lot of other fans in here, so treat this thread as the UN and be nice. Wink

This was texas_outlaw's idea, I made the graphics and some of the blurbs under the picks, and everyone else helped a lot with voting and writing as well. Some blurbs might not be up right away, but I'll add them once we get them.

Release Schedule
Quote:
Saturday release the Honorable Mentions
Sunday release players 20-18
Monday release players 17-15
Tuesday release players 14-12
Wednesday release players 11-9
Thursday release players 8-6
Friday release players 5-3
Saturday release player #2
Sunday release player #1

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Quote:
Like many current Giants stars, Webster came into his own in the 2007 campaign towards a Super Bowl, going from a special teams contributor to starter. He has maintained a good consistant level of play since then, and finished with a career high 6 interceptions last year. With many Giants corners hobbled by injury, Webster will lead the New York corners yet again this year.

Quote:
Barry Cofield was the redskins prize FA signing last season from the Giants. For the First time he played NT in a 3-4 scheme. He struggled some early on but by seasons end some opposing coaches were saying he was playing as the best NT in the nfl. He had 3 sacks from the NT position which is more pressure than most provide. He also had 8 batted passes which was one of the best in the league. He will only be better in his 2nd year as a NT in the redskins scheme.

Quote:
Dez Bryant may be one of the most physically imposing wide receivers in the game today. If he can get his head on straight, Bryant should quickly develop into one of the best receivers all around in the NFL. As of now, however, Bryant just sneaks into the honorable mentions list for best players in the NFC East. Until he can prove that he can consistently dominate games, Dez should not yet crack the top 20. But don't think he is far off.

Quote:
Ryan Kerrigan is a rising star in the division. He came in on a tear week 1 last year intercepting Eli Manning and scoring a td. He converted from DE in College and was a pleasant surprise giving the redskins the pressure opposite orakpo they needed. He provided 7.5 sacks a rookie last year. He should only improve this year.

Quote:
It really speaks to the depth of the the division if when a guy who's had 33 Sacks in the the last two years is only an honorable mention. Babin is a bit one sided as a player, he isn't the greatest run-defender. However he does one of the leagues most important facets extremely well, and should continue this resurgence from the former bust he was that Jim Washburn unlocked two years ago in Tennessee.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was Kiltman? Either way...beautiful graphics!!!!!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I thought it was Kiltman? Either way...beautiful graphics!!!!!
ill edit it. I'm on my dads blackberry because my iphone broke yest. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys Thread

Eagles Thread

Giants Thread

Redskins Thread

Come join the discussion happening in the other threads!

Again shout out to everyone who helped.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hai Redzkinerz

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Almm24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks very nice, great job to those that contributed, I can't wait to read the rest.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Jason Babin not make the top 20?

mike23md on the sig!
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

Like my write-up said....it really is reflective of how much talent we have in the division. You put him in the NFC West he probably makes top ten. Babin is great at what he does, but he can be a liability at times against the run, didn't perform nearly as well when Trent Cole was out, and is a bit banged up with leg injuries going into the season.

A good case could be made for him, most of the honorable mentions including some players who didnt make that (#26-#35 basically), and the guys who did end up at #15-#20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

Because he's a product of the system.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Kerrigan got knocked out of the top 20 because of bigger names in the division. Think

Still, first year, he makes the Honorable Mention list. If he stays healthy, he'll jump next year.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
I guess Kerrigan got knocked out of the top 20 because of bigger names in the division. Think

Still, first year, he makes the Honorable Mention list. If he stays healthy, he'll jump next year.

Yea he should jump up if we happen do this again next year, It still irks me he landed with the skins....I loved him as a prospect. Especially in our scheme as a DE... I thought he could be scary good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: