Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins trade CB Vontae Davis to Colts for a 2nd round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I just hope if they are bad, they are the worst.
I dont know why you've developed this lose at all costs if you cant win a championship mentality. When has this EVER worked? Peyton Manning.. 10 years later? You dont become the biggest winner after being the biggest loser... rarely is that ever a recipe for future success.
Manic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that it doesnt sounds like hes hoping we lose, just that if we are gonna suck he hopes we suck bad. Its the same as deets once said you can get stuck in mediocrity by constantly drafting in the middle of the rounds.

So I agree with ova that if we stink, i hope its enuff to land us in the top 5 of the draft. With the new rookie wage the draft is back to the way it used to be, and as the rams did this year we could really stock pile some much needed talent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What keeps you out of mediocre results is avoiding mediocre talent. Picking in the top 5 is just a sign that you suck. And When we did pick in the top 5, we got Ronnie Brown and Jake Long. No playoff birth. No .500 record just more sucking.

Then the talent evaluators bs the owner into believing its a playing style or coach player relationship while saving his own job.

What keeps us mediocre is changing the philosophy of the team instead of the level of talent and the bad evaluation of said talent.

Seems we can only get our 1st round picks right. Crap shoot or not, that sucks.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
What keeps you out of mediocre results is avoiding mediocre talent. Picking in the top 5 is just a sign that you suck. And When we did pick in the top 5, we got Ronnie Brown and Jake Long. No playoff birth. No .500 record just more sucking.

Then the talent evaluators bs the owner into believing its a playing style or coach player relationship while saving his own job.

What keeps us mediocre is changing the philosophy of the team instead of the level of talent and the bad evaluation of said talent.

Seems we can only get our 1st round picks right. Crap shoot or not, that sucks.

This could be true. I hope it's not and I've defended Ireland here a little bit but you, Merc and Jud might totally right about the guy.

Hell, I'm probably way off...but who knows for sure?

Once thing that often sucked about drafts over the last few years is that we released, waived and cut players without getting anything for them. While they rarely would've been worth anything, I think we could've gotten a little something in some cases.

I just hope the shear volume of picks it appears we're going to have after Philbin's first year will be a sign of things to come. I just hope that the volume of picks alone works in our favor and allows us to get something outstanding, or maybe allows us to go up and get a guy who's special and fits our plan.

Either way...if we don't come away from next years draft with something nice, I'll be the ticket taker and the engineer on the train heading south to burn down Ireland's office.
Manic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you are wrong about one thing, the year we drafted jake long we did make the playoffs.

I would say tho that the rest of that years picks were pretty bad, i dont think anyone besides long is on the team

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Well stated and on point. I've been saying essentially the same thing for awhile (just not as succinctly).

Talent acquisition has been mediocre, and talent has been shipped out in order to accommodate new systems. That talent has been poorly replaced leaving us talent depleted. We aren't without any talent, but we lack superstars. Hopefully, Tannehill turns into that one gem that we can really build around. Long is the closest thing we have and I am not in the camp of those that believe we should be looking to unload him. Not until I see better results from the scouting department and believe that Ireland isn't going to be getting Michael Egnew's in exchange for Brandon Marshall's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: