Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McElroy....hhhuuuummmmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: McElroy....hhhuuuummmmm Reply with quote

With all this talk about the Jets not scoring a T.D. in preseason I would ( if I were a betting man) bet McElroy throws for at least 2 T.D.'s and puts to rest the notion that should Sanchez go down with an injury who the back up would be. Sorry it's not going to be Tebow. If Tebow has shown anything in the preseason its that he is the poster boy for inaccuracy, he telegraphs his throws and sleeps with the football. Now I know some will say that the Jets are hiding the secret weapon from the rest of the league and have kept the wildcat hidden. But sorry I'm not buying in, McElroy can make a statement with his play this Sunday and I hope he plays lights out. Last year before he hurt his hand I thought he was impressive, I hope he proves me right Thursday.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Simms do good, I think we are going to remove McElroy. Just thinking about it, after McElroy's comments we signed Drew Stanton. Then we traded for Tebow. Even after McElroy looked good last preseason, we tried to bump him down or out. Now we have 4 QB's going into the last preseason game. McElroy would be second string for alot of teams in the league. But I just have the feeling they want him out, just looking for a reason.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sanchez goes down to injury, the Jets offense will go into Tebow's hands and the offense will become a full-blown gimmick before it enters the hands of Greg McElroy.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sanchez goes down we are absolutely down this season. This is exactly why bringing in tebow was a horrible move. Stanton is a very capable backup whose on the fringe of being a starter. Would have been the perfect backup. Only the Jets can sign a guy and pissed them off in less then a week to the point they want out.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
If Simms do good, I think we are going to remove McElroy. Just thinking about it, after McElroy's comments we signed Drew Stanton. Then we traded for Tebow. Even after McElroy looked good last preseason, we tried to bump him down or out. Now we have 4 QB's going into the last preseason game. McElroy would be second string for alot of teams in the league. But I just have the feeling they want him out, just looking for a reason.

Simms is a guy that was signed out of respect as well as to push McCelroy. If they wanted him out they would have did it immediately after the incident. If you want to show that you had big kahunas they should have did it then. You dont find a reason later on to cut him. Theres no advantage to that. After watching him in practice he has looked good. He just lacks the nfl arm strength that you wish to see. But hes smart and is beginning to get the system more and more.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
If Sanchez goes down we are absolutely down this season. This is exactly why bringing in tebow was a horrible move. Stanton is a very capable backup whose on the fringe of being a starter. Would have been the perfect backup. Only the Jets can sign a guy and pissed them off in less then a week to the point they want out.

I was really pleased when we got Stanton, a solid backup who may have actually provided credible QB play if Sanchez regressed horribly, and then we got Tebow. Rolling Eyes

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I was really pleased when we got Stanton, a solid backup who may have actually provided credible QB play if Sanchez regressed horribly, and then we got Tebow. Rolling Eyes

TBH, if Sanchez regresses I would rather just tank the season and get a higher draft pick. Stanton isn't going to win us any playoff games, nor lead the team.
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's the two-birds, one stone aspect of the worst case scenario. If Sanchez really can't handle the pressure and falls apart this season, than that's it. It's over. The offense will enter Tebow's hands completely and then even further become a disaster and everyone can come to grips that he can't be a starter in the league and we can move on and start over. But thinking about that at this point I think is being a little too negative as Sanchez really looks like the only player on offense that's actually ready for the regular season.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I think that's the two-birds, one stone aspect of the worst case scenario. If Sanchez really can't handle the pressure and falls apart this season, than that's it. It's over. The offense will enter Tebow's hands completely and then even further become a disaster and everyone can come to grips that he can't be a starter in the league and we can move on and start over. But thinking about that at this point I think is being a little too negative as Sanchez really looks like the only player on offense that's actually ready for the regular season.

I completely agree, then again I have been saying for the past year that he is about to turn the corner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: