Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: The Jeff Otah Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:
1. Amazing defense, will be top 3 this year.
2. Landry
3. Sanchez
4. Hill's ability to get open
5. Howard
6. Folk

Negatives
1. Our TE position is screwed
2. Drops
3. Greene
4. Bush, he blew a few plays but he will learn.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents:

Positives:

Sanchez: has a lot of speed and zip on the ball. He looked very good tonight.
Powell: Thought he much quicker than Greene did. Wouldnt mind giving him a chance w/ the first team.
Hill: Showed his speed but dropped too many passes.
Ellis: Looked great plugging the middle
Coples: was in the backfield in almost every play.
Howard: looked like a vet. Got to the second tier on multiple run plays. Held his own when he was singled up. Might have saved Tanny's reputation.
Cro: almost had 2 picks.
Revis: didnt hear his name once tonight, Revis island anyone?
Landry: 1 int and a few big sticks. Hope he stays healthy.

Negatives:

Hill: Dropped passes
Holmes: looked rusty (to be expected), but had a ball hit off his helmet. Not good.
Hunter: nuff said.
Tebow: although he had a few good scrambles he staired down the receivers and made poor reads and decisions.
Greene: nothing special.

I agree this is only the presason, I understand its a new OC and we have injuries, but I am a little nervous with all these 30/40 point scores and we get FG's...
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just figured it out.

Rex told the offense not to score so he could get a better feel for who he wanted to choose as our kicker this year.
Phew, problem solved Smile
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give Coples his props so far this preseason. He's looked like a beast. Might have made a money pick there.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
OK, I just figured it out.

Rex told the offense not to score so he could get a better feel for who he wanted to choose as our kicker this year.
Phew, problem solved Smile

lol While reading this, I imagined Homer Simpson saying it.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
We need TE's cause Baker looks done his knee got destroyed.

Crap. I like Baker.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
We need TE's cause Baker looks done his knee got destroyed.

Crap. I like Baker.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Sanchez was easily the best performer on offense, if only we can keep him upright and catch the balls that he puts on the receiver's hands. Especially given that limiting turnovers is going to be key on offense this season, it's even more pivotal that catchable balls don't turned into interceptions.

The run blocking has been poor for the first team offense. It's not the first time the Jets haven't been able to run the ball in preseason the past few seasons, but it'll obviously be worrying if it carries into the regular season. Bilal Powell looked good with the second team, but he was also running through some solid lanes.

Stephen Hill is making me really uneasy. A physical marvel, but a receiver that can't catch the ball is of no use to anybody. He made a few solid grabs tonight but he's also dropping enough passes and in bad moments for it to be highlighted as an issue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the game, but just read through this thread. Great to hear that Sanchez and the DL looked great. The injuries suck.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing that stuck out was the pass blocking was much better. Austin Howard looked very good. Really held his own. Clearly has a much better natural feel for the position then hunter ever will.

Sanchez looks so much better throwing the ball. Also continues to extend the play and make plays with his feet. Very happy with his performance.

The WRs were terrible tonight. Hill had a ball hit off his hands in the endzone. That simply can't happen. The ball was delivered high because thats where it needed to be. Legitimate receivers make that catch. He has ALOT of work to do and honestly should not be starting. The ball off his hands for the pick was just terrible. Catch the ball with your hands and not your body. This is the NFL, not LIFFL.

Holmes just looked rusty. He SERIOUSLY needs to step up otherwise he completely fooled us with his 2010 performance.

I dont think the run blocking was necessarily bad. I honestly think Greene is so slow hes not hitting the hole fast enough when the lanes are there. I dont want to hear the words ground and pound anymore. Were not. We seriously suck at running the ball. Our starting back is slow and out of shape and we can't convert on short down situations. Only way we have production is if we throw the ball. I also want to see more Bilal Powell. He has much more upside than Greene.

Defense was good for the most part, and isnt really a concern being as our offense is straight out of a pop warner playbook.

Still think this team can get to 10 wins based on our schedule and the fact that theres talent there. However we might need to consider making a minor move for offense.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pass protection is great now that Howard is out there. But the way our offense looks, we are not going to use the running game to open up for the pass, we will have to use the pass to open up for the running game. The offense is all on Sanchez now. We coudln't run against the Panthers who didn't even have Beason.

Our D is great, Landry makes a really big difference. I think we can be just as good or better than our D from 09.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense is pretty atrocious, but damn is our defense good. I can't get over how good Landry is. He's gonna make a big difference if he stays healthy.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tim Tebow, an hour after the game with no camera or fans, on the field throwing to a guy in a wheelchair.

This is why its impossible to hate Tebow as a person.
Bleed-Green-87

We get all of the right pieces together and get healthy then this defense is about to be scary this year.

Thanks Delphi^
Jetsman82

Was at the game so I'll post a few things I saw.

-I don't know where they come from, but we have some really attractive fans. Some of these girls were simply gorgeous.

-Sanchez really did play well today. It's no surprise that when he finally got protection, he threw the ball accurately. Very few passes were not on target, but one that was was that EZ throw to Hill. He was let down tonight by his receivers and coaches.

-Hill gets open a lot, I'm talking almost every play. He has to catch the ball though. If he cuts down on the drops, we're going to have ourselves a hell of a receiver.

-Holmes looked pretty bad to be honest. I understand it's his first game this year, but the man is a seven or eight year veteran. He wasn't getting open a lot, and it looked like he dogged that route when the ball hit him in the head.

-Sanchez really missed having Keller. Not to mention Cumberland was already inactive, and then Baker blew out his knee as well. They say Keller will be fine, and I heard Cumberland will be back for Thursday, but it was scary to see the offense on it's 4th TE.

-Greene continued to be just good. He had some decent holes, and had some good runs. Good to see him catching the ball more naturally as well.

-Howard played quite admirably for his first game. The best thing I can say is that I didn't notice him unless I watched him specifically. It'd be unfair to Hunter to try to compare the difference in talent between last weeks and this weeks DL, but still, Howard played well.

-Aside from that one blitz, the Jets first offense didn't allow a sack, and really not a lot of pressure.

-Cam Newton is just an enormous human. Seeing him in person it's even more crazy how a man his size can be that fast. There were at least two or three times tonight the Jets had him dead but he escaped.

-Maybin finally got some pressure. No actual sacks, but I was happy to see him getting in there finally after a pretty lackluster preseason so far.

-Kenrick Ellis has been an amazing player so far in preseason. He has dominated at the POA and has actually provided some pass rush as well. I'm really excited to see how he develops.

-Coples played well again. He didn't stand out as much against the run, but he had some pressure and got that strip sack.

-I understand covering the slot is hard, but Wilson just really doesn't seem that good to me. I'm not really sure how his future is going to play out.

-Landry is a straight beast. Absolutely love this addition. If he stays healthy, and that's a big if, he's a top-5 safety in this defense.

-Josh Bush and Antonio Allen underwhelmed me in coverage again. I know they're rookies, and it'll improve, but I was hoping to see a little more.

-I don't know what's going on with Cro, but he seems to be hitting a little better than normal so far. I know he missed one tackle, but he was hitting pretty hard otherwise.

-Scott is still a very good run stopper. He looks faster, and I think we'll see a little of the old Scott.

-Timothy Tebow is a horrible, horrible QB and is bad for any franchise he goes to. We also have some of the dumbest fans I've ever seen. There were Tebow chants early in the second quarter, and they got worse when he got in the game. There were many people, myself included, who would very sarcastically cheer for Tebow. When he would miss a throw horribly, we would chant "Tebowtime!". The best was when it was late in the fourth, and some fans were leaving, the guy in front of me screams "Where are you guys going? It's Tebowtime!"

He's a horrible QB, and he's a distraction. Greg McElroy should be the #2 QB, not Tebow.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: