Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: The Jeff Otah Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at the game too and I noticed some similar things.

As for the Tebow chants, I was sitting in my season ticket spot(really high up, second-to-last row from the top) and in the very last row there was literally like a dozen or so college kids who were there for no other reason but to troll and chant for Tebow. Seriously. Those could be the chants you were hearing Jetsman.

And one thing to temper some relief, while Sanchez got sufficient time on most snaps Carolina's pass rush isn't exactly an area of strength for them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Was at the game so I'll post a few things I saw.
-Sanchez really did play well today. It's no surprise that when he finally got protection, he threw the ball accurately. Very few passes were not on target, but one that was was that EZ throw to Hill. He was let down tonight by his receivers and coaches.

That incompletion to Holmes when he beat his man on the outside was horrible. He had a perfect pocket and threw a duck. His long ball didnt look very good tonight.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby2times wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Was at the game so I'll post a few things I saw.
-Sanchez really did play well today. It's no surprise that when he finally got protection, he threw the ball accurately. Very few passes were not on target, but one that was was that EZ throw to Hill. He was let down tonight by his receivers and coaches.

That incompletion to Holmes when he beat his man on the outside was horrible. He had a perfect pocket and threw a duck. His long ball didnt look very good tonight.

There were moments when he held onto the ball too long as well. Overall I was happy with his performance.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Was at the game too and I noticed some similar things.

As for the Tebow chants, I was sitting in my season ticket spot(really high up, second-to-last row from the top) and in the very last row there was literally like a dozen or so college kids who were there for no other reason but to troll and chant for Tebow. Seriously. Those could be the chants you were hearing Jetsman.

My season tickets are in section 121 on the lower level, but there was an entire section to my left that was consistent with the Tebow chants. They were coming from everywhere though. I'm sure it was a pretty even distribution between sarcastic and real cheers, at least I hope.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing in Tebow was a ridiculous mistake and was 100% Woody Johnson telling Tannenbaum to go get him.

He is MONUMENTAL distraction and its so out of hand its not even funny. Fans chanting for Tebow during the PRESEASON. ESPN just baiting everyone they interview into trying to stir up a "QB controversy". He played awful last night and you still hear about the Jets apparent "QB controversy" today.

Thank god he didn't score a TD last night or it would be twice as bad. Wait until he does in game 4 when theres no starters playing.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Bringing in Tebow was a ridiculous mistake and was 100% Woody Johnson telling Tannenbaum to go get him.

He is MONUMENTAL distraction and its so out of hand its not even funny. Fans chanting for Tebow during the PRESEASON. ESPN just baiting everyone they interview into trying to stir up a "QB controversy". He played awful last night and you still hear about the Jets apparent "QB controversy" today.

Thank god he didn't score a TD last night or it would be twice as bad. Wait until he does in game 4 when theres no starters playing.

He is not playing on game 4 the Jets said even before game 3. I want to see Greg Mcelroy anyways.
There is no qb controversy....its clear this is Sanchez team.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcane wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

He is not playing on game 4 the Jets said even before game 3. I want to see Greg Mcelroy anyways.

The fact that hes not playing in game 4 is telling imo. Either they have plans for him to be the starting QB at some point this season or we are going to be running way too much wildcat.

Its clearly Sanchez's team NOW. Its clear as day, yet the media still brings up "QB controversy" every single time Sanchez or Tebow is mentioned. One bad game from Sanchez and mid season and its gonna hit the fan, both from the media and the fans.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Jetcane wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

The fact that hes not playing in game 4 is telling imo. Either they have plans for him to be the starting QB at some point this season or we are going to be running way too much wildcat.

Its clearly Sanchez's team NOW. Its clear as day, yet the media still brings up "QB controversy" every single time Sanchez or Tebow is mentioned. One bad game from Sanchez and mid season and its gonna hit the fan, both from the media and the fans.

Do you honestly believe that Rex Ryan or Mike Tannenbaum would bench Mark Sanchez for Tim Tebow after one bad game because of a little media or fan pressure? Last time I checked, the media doesn't sign anyone's checks and the fans have no say.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Jetcane wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Do you honestly believe that Rex Ryan or Mike Tannenbaum would bench Mark Sanchez for Tim Tebow after one bad game because of a little media or fan pressure? Last time I checked, the media doesn't sign anyone's checks and the fans have no say.

Its clear Kyle Orton is a better QB than Tebow, and look what happened in Denver.

No I dont, but it seriously turns up the heat when he does play poorly. Rex has been close to benching Sanchez before, and with the fans/media and likely Woody Johnson clamoring for Tebow, it gives him more to think about. If he was debating benching Sanchez for Mark freaking Brunell, I can see it happening. You also think its going to benefit Sanchez to have to see/read/hear about it all the time?

This offense isn't exactly stacked. There is a very good chance they have alot of trouble putting up points the first half of the season learning a new system etc. To me, having Tebow on the team is just not worth it, unless like I said we are going to be running 30 wild cat plays a game.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Jetcane wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Its clear Kyle Orton is a better QB than Tebow, and look what happened in Denver.

No I dont, but it seriously turns up the heat when he does play poorly. Rex has been close to benching Sanchez before, and with the fans/media and likely Woody Johnson clamoring for Tebow, it gives him more to think about. If he was debating benching Sanchez for Mark freaking Brunell, I can see it happening. You also think its going to benefit Sanchez to have to see/read/hear about it all the time?

This offense isn't exactly stacked. There is a very good chance they have alot of trouble putting up points the first half of the season learning a new system etc. To me, having Tebow on the team is just not worth it, unless like I said we are going to be running 30 wild cat plays a game.

The difference being Kyle Orton was not brought in or drafted by John Fox, the Brnocos were 1-4, and as a first year head coach John Fox didn't have much to lose.

Rex Ryan has a lot more to lose if he turns to Tebow.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Jetcane wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

The difference being Kyle Orton was not brought in or drafted by John Fox, the Brnocos were 1-4, and as a first year head coach John Fox didn't have much to lose.

Rex Ryan has a lot more to lose if he turns to Tebow.

This is true, but it can go the other way as well. The Jets hardest part of the schedule is the first 5 games, 2-3 is very possible in which the Tebow clamoring will be in FULL effect if that happens. Theres already speculation hes on the hot seat, maybe he thinks Tebow time will save his job. Like I said before, Rex was considering benching Sanchez for Brunell.

My point is hes just too big a distraction. He's not needed on this team. Its the exact opposite of what this team needs and I believe the Tebow trade was 100% Woody Johnson wanting to snag headlines from the Giants. If it were up to me I'd cut Tim tomorrow. He's not a bad guy, but the stigma that follows him is just unbelievable. Not to mention he is a TERRIBLE passer. We aren't going to wildcat our way to a SB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: