Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: 49ers @ Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
About to go back and watch the game again now after I watched it this morning. I think the play that sums up how I feel about Peyton Manning was the audible he made for that quick up the gut McGahee run, when Peyton read the 49ers bringing two blitzers from the right side of our OL.

That play is a 4 yard loss with most QB's in the NFL. Instead, we run for 10+ because our QB is just that smart.

'

Can't argue that...he sets up the run pretty well.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if there already isn't enough to discredit John Clayton, his observation that Manning struggled throwing to his right (especially with long passes) was completely wrong (or speculative, whatever you call it).

As per Andrew Mason (@maxbroncos):
Quote:
It was as though Peyton Manning wanted to answer all questions that arose last week ó not only about his overall performance, but about throwing to his right, which ESPNís John Clayton questioned during the week.

Manning threw to his right on seven of his 12 attempts in the first quarter. He completed them all for 104 yards and a touchdown. His quarterback rating when he threw right? A perfect 158.3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Half way through 1st quarter)

* Still working a lot of 2 TE stuff, and from plenty of different formations. Tamme is the 'move' TE every time. Dreesen hasn't aligned anywhere other than as an inline TE so far. If Tamme can prove to be an adequate blocker and force teams to use their base Defense when we go with 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB looks, then look for Tamme to get mismatches in the passing game.

* Willis McGahee absolutely leveled a 49ers blitzing LB on that Stokley circus catch. He came from the left hand side of Peyton to meet the blizer from Peyton's right, and sent said blitzer back about 5 yards.

* For an OL that is returning 4 starters (with Kuper out) from last year, I still worry about our ability to handle stunts. On Manning's 40 yard pass to Lance Ball, Zane Beadles failed to recognise the 49ers stunt up front and nearly got Manning killed. It can happen that quickly, Zane ...

* Stokley is going to be this teams slot guy. In 3 WR looks it has been Stokley that has come in all preseason.

(with 2.26 left in the 1st)

* My prior analysis of the quick handoff to Willis was wrong. It was a 5 man blitz by the 49ers, and it was clear the 49ers were expecting pass on 2nd and 6. Their DE's were aligned way outside of our Tackles, and the DT's were wide in their stance too. Heck, Manny Ramirez and Orlando Franklin barely touched anyone and the play still worked.

(End of the 1st)

* Manning, Bay Bay and McGahee all come out at the same time. Looks like the direct replacements were Hanie, Willis and Moreno. Interesting that Ball and Caldwell didn't come in.

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball got hurt in the first quarter....just an FYI.

Thanks, Tzimisce
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Ball got hurt in the first quarter....just an FYI.

Ah, didn't know that.

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to watch a game and just a few thoughts.

Still not sold on Beadles and Franklin. About the only time SF ran a stunt beadles wasn't there. Franklin just can't move laterally against speed rushers. Pretty hard to get a good read on them when SF played pretty "vanilla". I do think Walton has improved greatly over last year. We'll find out against the Steelers.

I think we got a playmaker in Jackson. He seems to have that knack of "right place, right time".

Outside of one bonehead play I thought Moore played pretty well. Didn't get much of a warm cozy feeling about our safety depth. I did like a few things from Ihenacho though.

Overall lack of depth seems a bit disturbing. LB's weren't impressive at all.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PredomntlyOrnge wrote:
I never saw Julius Thomas yesterday - did anyone else notice if he got any snaps? What is the deal with him? He either completely fell off from all the "potential" he had last year, or the Broncos are trying to hide him for the practice squad. Im just not a Green fan at all.

Hes not eligible for the practice squad first of all.
Julius is going to make this team as the 3rd TE because Green is suspended till week 4. If he doesnt prove anything in those first 4 weeks then he'll get released when Green comes back, unless an injury happens and theyre able to keep a 4th TE.

Why isn't he PS eligible ? He only played in 5 games last year ??

I may be wrong but I believe he was on the active 53 for more than 6 games, which to my knowledge is the cut-off for players to make the practice squad. Again, I'm pretty sure I asked that question to @maxbroncos in the offseason and he told me it wasnt because of that.

Still, he wouldnt make it to the practice squad. Too much potential.

http://www.nfl.com/player/juliusthomas/2495353/profile

Says 5 games, so...he should have eligibility.

As for too much potential, how many teams have seen it....and with so many teams trying to stash their own players on their PS, I'd say he's got better than 60-40 chance to clear waivers...

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PredomntlyOrnge wrote:
I never saw Julius Thomas yesterday - did anyone else notice if he got any snaps? What is the deal with him? He either completely fell off from all the "potential" he had last year, or the Broncos are trying to hide him for the practice squad. Im just not a Green fan at all.

Julius is going to make this team as the 3rd TE because Green is suspended till week 4. If he doesnt prove anything in those first 4 weeks then he'll get released when Green comes back, unless an injury happens and theyre able to keep a 4th TE.

I may be wrong but I believe he was on the active 53 for more than 6 games, which to my knowledge is the cut-off for players to make the practice squad. Again, I'm pretty sure I asked that question to @maxbroncos in the offseason and he told me it wasnt because of that.

As for too much potential, how many teams have seen it....and with so many teams trying to stash their own players on their PS, I'd say he's got better than 60-40 chance to clear waivers...

Just because he only played 5 games does mean he wasnt on the active 53. Im pretty sure he was on the active roster all season. No?

As for waivers, I seriously doubt it. But I have been wrong before.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PredomntlyOrnge wrote:

Just because he only played 5 games does mean he wasnt on the active 53. Im pretty sure he was on the active roster all season. No?

As for waivers, I seriously doubt it. But I have been wrong before.

So it has to be one of the two - He has either completely fallen off from the potential he had last year, or they are trying to hide him for the PS - right??? I have not been able to re-watch games, but I feel like he has had 3 to 4 snaps all pre-season. Maybe he is still hurt? I just dont think Vrigil Green is better. I do think JT has a chance to make the 53 with Greens suspension, but even if so, I get the feeling he gets cut when Green comes back. I just remember seeing JT at a couple training camp practices last year and he looked like a beast. So, Im just really curious what happened. I guess maybe a combination off all of the above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: