Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster Cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4397
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
here are the cuts. No surprises. Thought Lambert may or may not make it to next round but doesnt make a difference really.

Bosworth
Brodine
Dorsey
Henry
Lambert
Mayo
Muhammad
Newhall-cab
Powell

IR
Jackson
Wang


Tonga was cut as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuts as expected. Surprised Dorsey didn't show more. Some thought he'd make some noise.

As for Cliff Harris. I'm an Oregon homer, so I of course want him. He's a pretty dynamic KR/PR guy. Imagine he'd be a decent gunner on STs and has more upside playing CB than anything else on the roster.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6477
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders cut Wang. You can say he was circum... never mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32167
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad Tonga's gone. Not really that good of a blocker and just always looks out of shape. Can't do much of anything else. Schmitt is an upgrade at FB2 should we keep him.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8487
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cuts as expected. Surprised Dorsey didn't show more. Some thought he'd make some noise.

As for Cliff Harris. I'm an Oregon homer, so I of course want him. He's a pretty dynamic KR/PR guy. Imagine he'd be a decent gunner on STs and has more upside playing CB than anything else on the roster.

I wouldnt mind Harris either. Too bad we didnt get to see any returns in NFL yet. McCann has actually experience there and with playing CB in the NFL and has had success with both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigMike1b


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 1879
Location: 626, CA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Cliff Harris get the ax? Was he a victim of numbers with all of the guys Philly had at CB?
_________________


2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8487
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read he just seemed to fall behind on depth chart because of an injury. Looks like he did good in camp when healthy and had an INT in preseason game.

Biggest news of day. W. McFadden cut again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD and Chekwa have really fallen off. IMO our top 4 CB's right now are Bartell/Spencer/Lee/McCann.

I'd honestly like to see Underwood kept as the 5th safety, because as a former CB he can be versatile and used as our back-up safety and 5th or 6th Corner as well. He's been pretty good this pre-season on special teams and on defense.

I wouldn't mind looking at Harris either. He's young, has good ball skills and return abilities as well.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope a C comes available. IF Wiz misses anytime, the Raiders are in trouble.

Watched the game again, Parsons was getting beaten frequently. It's Williams and Suh, yes but they pushed him in the backfield time and time again w/ ease. That goal line sequence was the worst. Both again Detroit and Arizona. If your C can't get the push, it's hard to run it in. He was bested each time. The last right into McFadden who luckily fell forward and stretched it across.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10094
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
What surprise cuts do you guys see coming?

Mine is Barksdale. He's is just awful. Watched him closely last night, he gets beaten frequently by his man. On one run by Goodson, he just flat whiffed the block and it was blown up for a loss. Embarrassing.

Simply haven't seen anything out of him. Laughable to think he'd supplant Barnes this offseason.


Then why is that a surprise ? Allen is known to jettison those who don't perform regardless of vet status or draft position. He just doesn't give a crap about who you think you are....just who HE thinks you are.
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6477
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
What surprise cuts do you guys see coming?

Mine is Barksdale. He's is just awful. Watched him closely last night, he gets beaten frequently by his man. On one run by Goodson, he just flat whiffed the block and it was blown up for a loss. Embarrassing.

Simply haven't seen anything out of him. Laughable to think he'd supplant Barnes this offseason.


Then why is that a surprise ? Allen is known to jettison those who don't perform regardless of vet status or draft position. He just doesn't give a crap about who you think you are....just who HE thinks you are.


It will be a joint decision by both Reggie and Dennis. Hopefully they see the potential in him to allow him to develop for another season in this new ZBS. If not, so long to our 3rd round pick from a year ago. Thankfully, we did good to draft Wiz, Jones, and Moore on offense last year to compensate, so no big deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
What surprise cuts do you guys see coming?

Mine is Barksdale. He's is just awful. Watched him closely last night, he gets beaten frequently by his man. On one run by Goodson, he just flat whiffed the block and it was blown up for a loss. Embarrassing.

Simply haven't seen anything out of him. Laughable to think he'd supplant Barnes this offseason.


Then why is that a surprise ? Allen is known to jettison those who don't perform regardless of vet status or draft position. He just doesn't give a crap about who you think you are....just who HE thinks you are.


Surprised to the fans because some thought Barksdale was going to push for a starting spot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6477
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
What surprise cuts do you guys see coming?

Mine is Barksdale. He's is just awful. Watched him closely last night, he gets beaten frequently by his man. On one run by Goodson, he just flat whiffed the block and it was blown up for a loss. Embarrassing.

Simply haven't seen anything out of him. Laughable to think he'd supplant Barnes this offseason.


Then why is that a surprise ? Allen is known to jettison those who don't perform regardless of vet status or draft position. He just doesn't give a crap about who you think you are....just who HE thinks you are.


Surprised to the fans because some thought Barksdale was going to push for a starting spot.


You can't expect too much out of a player who hasn't played, so I don't see how anyone had a legit view of his talent one way or another. Considering many viewed him as a power blocking RT coming out of LSU, I think we should give him some more time to become accustomed to the ZBS, and move him to guard as a last resort.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4397
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
DVD and Chekwa have really fallen off. IMO our top 4 CB's right now are Bartell/Spencer/Lee/McCann.

I'd honestly like to see Underwood kept as the 5th safety, because as a former CB he can be versatile and used as our back-up safety and 5th or 6th Corner as well. He's been pretty good this pre-season on special teams and on defense.

I wouldn't mind looking at Harris either. He's young, has good ball skills and return abilities as well.


Can I ask what McCann has done to suggest he can be our 4th CB ? Is he running with the 2nd string at Cb ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
What surprise cuts do you guys see coming?

Mine is Barksdale. He's is just awful. Watched him closely last night, he gets beaten frequently by his man. On one run by Goodson, he just flat whiffed the block and it was blown up for a loss. Embarrassing.

Simply haven't seen anything out of him. Laughable to think he'd supplant Barnes this offseason.


Then why is that a surprise ? Allen is known to jettison those who don't perform regardless of vet status or draft position. He just doesn't give a crap about who you think you are....just who HE thinks you are.


Surprised to the fans because some thought Barksdale was going to push for a starting spot.


You can't expect too much out of a player who hasn't played, so I don't see how anyone had a legit view of his talent one way or another. Considering many viewed him as a power blocking RT coming out of LSU, I think we should give him some more time to become accustomed to the ZBS, and move him to guard as a last resort.


I'm fine with that unless a better option comes available. Right now, he looks pretty miserable to say the least.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group