Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final tune up: Carolina at Pittsburgh GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Final tune up: Carolina at Pittsburgh GDT Reply with quote

Short week so here it is early....

1-1 Carolina Panthers at 2-1 Pittsburgh Steelers

Thursday 30 August 7:00 PM EST at Heinz Field

QUESTIONS...

1. How much will the starters play?

2. Who will justify a spot on the 53 man roster?

Screw it I am too depressed about Decastro...

Here's Hot Chicks!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man! This is now my favorite thread ever! It should be another steeler beat down. Our reserves are better than there's. I hope to see a lot of batch and Rainey.

I guess Wallace will play?if so I look forward to that for sure.

I'm also really interested to get a final evaluation of Ta'amu, especially the young LBs, Carter, Robinson, Spence and Baker and lastly one last look at those cbs.

The game should be fun

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
greene91fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine the starters will only play one series, particularly if it's crisp. Highly doubt after losing DD they will play much more.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the game day thread?

All I see is....

Seriously...stop it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!

2 days

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a great thread.

Someone should seriously though get started on that gameday thread. We only got 2 days left!

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to start a new thread for this (3rivers lol), but I wonder if the coaching staff has thought about playing Mike Adams at RT and sliding Gilbert in at RG.

I know this is not what many people on here want with Gilbert, but he has looked slow and sloppy so far. I also feel Adams has turned the corner.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread for this (3rivers lol), but I wonder if the coaching staff has thought about playing Mike Adams at RT and sliding Gilbert in at RG.

I know this is not what many people on here want with Gilbert, but he has looked slow and sloppy so far. I also feel Adams has turned the corner.

From one preseason game with the 2nd team?

IDK enough about O-line play to judge or analyze, but whatever works best for the team I'm for

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

From one preseason game with the 2nd team?

IDK enough about O-line play to judge or analyze, but whatever works best for the team I'm for

I honestly hope they get a line and stick with it. They need to gel as a unit. I know injuries always change things but continuity is very important to an O-line.

Starks- Colon- Pouncey -Foster- Gilbert

That is the line that I hope they go with and they all can stay healthy.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather a dominant interior line than average tackles and very mediocre interior.

Moving Marcus Gilbert to inside may not be too bad idea, Adams' best skillset is the running play and we have played three different rookies at RT past 10 years, they have turned out all right. Also it may be a good learning process for Mike Adams. I'm not totally against it but I'm scared for Big Ben because we are playing against Denver with a good pass-rushing...

Maybe... Hold the idea until we play against teams with bad pass-rushing game? Very Happy
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison and Worilds have just been activated from PUP, wonder if they might see a few minutes of action this week . . .
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Harrison and Worilds have just been activated from PUP, wonder if they might see a few minutes of action this week . . .

Who knows what condition they are in. Harrison could start just for the sake of wanting to smash someone.

Worilds on the other hand needs every snap he can get or he might lose his job. If Carter keeps up the heat, Worilds may not see the field much this season.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:

And I am not allowed to start a new thread, so yeah, thanx Laughing
Foster is solid at OG, no issues there with me, but there is a concern with Gilbert at RT. Now I would rather have them try Adams at RT if they are set with Starks at LT. Adams is getting his health back and has more talent than either of them and is a better run blocker if they continue with the idea of running the ball.

Starks, Colon, pouncey, Foster Adams.

Run right .

It might not hapen now, but if Gilbert keeps slipping it will end up like this but it better not take a custom shoe for the qb to do so 'Embarassed' Let's postpone the idea of Adams at LT for now as Starks seems ok with health and play, and focus on RT where the problem is. Gilbert played better last year with 1 shoulder, not sure what happened, but lets hope he gets back to his ability or gets the bench before another injury happens.

What Strzelczyk was for a few years back in the Cowher days, Gilbert can be in the Tomlin era : a 6th OL that can play 4 positions , but unlike Strzelczyk, Gilbert is not as good (as of late) or better than the starters Laughing

I liked what I saw with the OL on that drive vs the Bills. They made that drive happen and that was a good front 4 they faced. : It was like watching real football in a way. Not as much running, but still, good pass pro, QB could get velocity with good mechanics , no injuries and 7 points (not a fg - bye arians). If they build on that, I am looking forward to all the opponents getting dismantled. The Giants will be the test though, we will see how the OL is then and the configuration by that point.

That's better Applause
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Who knows what condition they are in. Harrison could start just for the sake of wanting to smash someone.

Worilds on the other hand needs every snap he can get or he might lose his job. If Carter keeps up the heat, Worilds may not see the field much this season.

On my depth chart, Carter backs up both Harrison and Woodley. Worilds is done IMO, but they will keep him and give him another year. He can't stay healthy and is mediocre when healthy. I had hopes for him, but it just isn't going to happen. Too bad we never got Justin Houston Embarassed
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your style JD Cool

Jamison. on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: