Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace To Sign Tender After Team Returns From Buffalo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Mike Wallace To Sign Tender After Team Returns From Buffalo Reply with quote

The Steelers play Saturday night in Buffalo. Presumably Wallace would be eligible to play in their final preseason game against Carolina Aug. 30 at Heinz Field, but whether he will or not remains unknown. The Steelers have off on Sunday after their game against Buffalo and will have only two real days of practice before they finish up the preseason against the Panthers.

However, reporting this weekend would give the Pro Bowl wide receiver two weeks to practice and prepare for the regular-season opener in Denver Sept. 9. It also could reopen negotiations on a multiple-year deal between Wallace and the Steelers, talks that ended when he did not report for the start of training camp July 25. The Steelers have a long-standing policy of not negotiating contracts once the regular-season begins. So if Wallace signs his one-year tender Sunday or Monday, it would give them less than two weeks to work on a multiple-year deal with him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/source-wallace-to-return-to-steelers-this-weekend-649875/#ixzz24CWZu5je

Last edited by Steelerspower on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't turn this into another thread of us arguing back and forth because you forget the NFL is a business.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that's true

He have not report on other site like NFL.com,espn.com and etc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
I'm not sure that's true

Lol
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a reporter hears 2nd hand and posts something on twitter and that makes it true... Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked d'oh!

I'm not saying it isn't but I'll wait for a more reputable source.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kysteeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocarwolf wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
I'm not sure that's true

Lol

NFL.com, ESPN are always way behind on what they put up.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Steelers play Saturday night in Buffalo. Presumably Wallace would be eligible to play in their final preseason game against Carolina Aug. 30 at Heinz Field, but whether he will or not remains unknown. The Steelers have off on Sunday after their game against Buffalo and will have only two real days of practice before they finish up the preseason against the Panthers.

However, reporting this weekend would give the Pro Bowl wide receiver two weeks to practice and prepare for the regular-season opener in Denver Sept. 9. It also could reopen negotiations on a multiple-year deal between Wallace and the Steelers, talks that ended when he did not report for the start of training camp July 25. The Steelers have a long-standing policy of not negotiating contracts once the regular-season begins. So if Wallace signs his one-year tender Sunday or Monday, it would give them less than two weeks to work on a multiple-year deal with him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/source-wallace-to-return-to-steelers-this-weekend-649875/#ixzz24CWZu5je

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have actually been a good ploy by Wallace. Giving the media/team an opportunity to see what life might be like without him. Im not saying that I truly agree that we cant succeed without him but life could be easier with him. (If Ben has time to throw) It may give him the edge to get that extra million in final negotiations.

That being said, to make it possible long term, there may be a few cap maneuvers that will make you say "wow"

...you have a forum resume?
Dook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is running out.

The team will not negotiate until Wallace reports and signs his RFA tender and I don't believe they will negotiate a long term deal during the season so it has to get done in the next two weeks.

Wallace needs to show up before the season starts so there is enough time to get a deal done.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he's there soon and hopefully he gets on the field soon and hopefully they work out a long term deal.

Watching the preseason games have really not helped my lack of confidence in the offense this season without Wallace.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace tells Steelers teammates he'll report this weekend

Quote:
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiever Mike Wallace has informed teammates that his plan is to show up this weekend and sign his restricted free agent tender. The speedster sat out training camp, with hopes of reaching a long-term extension. Two sources with knowledge of Wallace's plans confirmed the conversations.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052640/article/mike-wallace-to-report-to-steelers-this-weekend?module=HP11_headline_stack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Hopefully he's there soon and hopefully he gets on the field soon and hopefully they work out a long term deal.

Watching the preseason games have really not helped my lack of confidence in the offense this season without Wallace.

Obviously having him there helps, but I seriously doubt we wouldve looked a ton better even if he was there.

The biggest issues has been getting our OLine square and getting into the new offense. And in the first two games, it seems like they are working on the running game and short passing game. Not just because Wallace isnt there, but it seems scripted, trying to get the ball out of Ben's hand quickly.

Wallace coming back is great, but I just dont think those first 2 games wouldve been much better even with him there.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with 43. Preseason is not about winning games but about evaluating players, teaching technique, and learning for young players. The Steelers have done a lot of running up the middle in preseason. It does not mean that this is the type of game Haley will call. They are working on something.

It was more interesting when they went to the no huddle on the 2nd or 3rd series of the game.

They can have MW run flys and posts until he learns the offense. He will command 2 defenders or Ben will find him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

Obviously having him there helps, but I seriously doubt we wouldve looked a ton better even if he was there.

The biggest issues has been getting our OLine square and getting into the new offense. And in the first two games, it seems like they are working on the running game and short passing game. Not just because Wallace isnt there, but it seems scripted, trying to get the ball out of Ben's hand quickly.

Wallace coming back is great, but I just dont think those first 2 games wouldve been much better even with him there.

I agree, but the media is playing it up pretty good about missing him. Even Bouchette.

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

I agree, but the media is playing it up pretty good about missing him. Even Bouchette.

As expected. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: