Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

More is expected from Dwyer this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: More is expected from Dwyer this year Reply with quote

Dwyer easily has been the most versatile running back in camp. His stock has risen, mostly because of his improved blocking and receiving including three catches in the Steelers’ 38-7 win at Buffalo on Saturday.

“I’ve been working on being an all-around player,” said Dwyer, averaging 5.6 yards per carry this preseason. “My pass-block technique has gotten better and I’m running better pass routes. Now, it’s about putting it all together on the field with the lights on.”

Dwyer has been good enough to cement a roster spot along with Mendenhall, Redman, Batch and probably fullback Will Johnson.

“(Dwyer) has stepped up every time he’s been given an opportunity,” said offensive tackle Willie Colon. “He’s taking everything seriously, and we’ve watched him mature.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2487210-85/dwyer-running-season-steelers-semd-including-injury-offensive-attempts-batch#ixzz24rGRFHff
kwabalicious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad he's finally figuring things out. He's been coming into camp looking like a bowling ball the past couple of years and those pictures released of him in mini camp were shocking to say the least. Good for him that he came into camp in shape, and is getting better at all the things we have ridiculed him for in the past. He's looked good this preseason, even against the starters, and I'm confident he will be effective if we decide to give him a decent amount of carries next to Redman for a few weeks until Mendy comes back.
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given his performance to date, it would be hard to expect less of him.

I'm not a believer yet, but I guess I will be cautiously optimistic that he can stay both healthy and in shape.

It would certainly be a huge boost if he becomes a reliable source of carries in our...um...fluctuating?...RB corp.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: More is expected from Dwyer this year Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Dwyer easily has been the most versatile running back in camp. His stock has risen, mostly because of his improved blocking and receiving including three catches in the Steelers’ 38-7 win at Buffalo on Saturday.

“I’ve been working on being an all-around player,” said Dwyer, averaging 5.6 yards per carry this preseason. “My pass-block technique has gotten better and I’m running better pass routes. Now, it’s about putting it all together on the field with the lights on.”

Dwyer has been good enough to cement a roster spot along with Mendenhall, Redman, Batch and probably fullback Will Johnson.

“(Dwyer) has stepped up every time he’s been given an opportunity,” said offensive tackle Willie Colon. “He’s taking everything seriously, and we’ve watched him mature.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2487210-85/dwyer-running-season-steelers-semd-including-injury-offensive-attempts-batch#ixzz24rGRFHff

Lets hope his fumbling doesn't increase with playing time as well.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwyer is a guy who has the most and best potential of our RB corp beside Mendenhall, that's not saying a lot until he shows plenty in season-long games.

However I think it is time to move on from Mendenhall, it's a shame we may never see Mendenhall playing at his best for Steelers uniform but I have hard time seeing us keeping him and Mike Wallace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: