Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks starting QB for the 2012' seaosn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the Week 1 starter?
Matt Flynn
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Russell Wilson
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
Tarvaris Jackson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Portis
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
In the eyes of Seattle fans:

185 yard preseason game >>> 400 yard regular season game

Obviously I voted for Flynn.

Actually, in the eyes of seahawk fans:

185 yards, 2 TDs, 58 rushing yards >>>>>>>> 36 passing yards, 0 TDs

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

It's pretty naive to assume that's a status quo and also ignore the receiving talent he had in GB and the 2nd stringers he was playing against.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

It's pretty naive to assume that's a status quo and also ignore the receiving talent he had in GB and the 2nd stringers he was playing against.

But it's not naive to praise Wilson as the franchise QB after throwing for a 185 yards in a preseason game?
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

But it's not naive to praise Wilson as the franchise QB after throwing for a 185 yards in a preseason game?

SoS, Flynn hasnt shown that he can out perform Wilson when they have the same offense and situation. If Flynn was 480 yards per game good, then im sure that he would have shown the coaches that by now. But he hasn't. Wilson has been outperforming him. Ill take Wilson 185 yards 2 TDs over Flynns 36 yards 0TDs.

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

But it's not naive to praise Wilson as the current franchise QB after throwing for a 185 yards in a preseason game?
They're both naive Laughing

I'm not going to vote till after the 4th game. If Carroll is actually going to use that game as an evaluation process, I'm going to too.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

SoS, Flynn hasnt shown that he can out perform Wilson when they have the same offense and situation. If Flynn was 480 yards per game good, then im sure that he would have shown the coaches that by now. But he hasn't. Wilson has been outperforming him. Ill take Wilson 185 yards 2 TDs over Flynns 36 yards 0TDs.

I don't really think Flynn has had a fair opportunity to out perform Wilson. He's shown he has the skillset to be a very good QB in this league. I don't know why we should take Wilson's preseason game with more salt than Flynn's regular season game.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I don't really think Flynn has had a fair opportunity to out perform Wilson. He's shown he has the skillset to be a very good QB in this league. I don't know why we should take Wilson's preseason game with more salt than Flynn's regular season game.

He has had the entire training camp to show that he could be a very successful QB in this league. If he did show it, the coaches would have seen it, and would have made him the starter. Wilson has had the same opportunity that Flynn has had, except he has flourished.

I do want to say that I wouldnt mind it if Flynn was the starting QB, if the coaches thought he was the better QB. Its just that thus far, Wilson has shown he is the better QB.

Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

But it's not naive to praise Wilson as the current franchise QB after throwing for a 185 yards in a preseason game?
They're both naive Laughing

I'm not going to vote till after the 4th game. If Carroll is actually going to use that game as an evaluation process, I'm going to too.

I am really fine with either guy but the only reason i am not that high on those games is because the Lions had a bad secondary and the Pat's secondary wasn't that great either they gave up a lot of yard's.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
He has had the entire training camp to show that he could be a very successful QB in this league. If he did show it, the coaches would have seen it, and would have made him the starter. Wilson has had the same opportunity that Flynn has had, except he has flourished.

I do want to say that I wouldnt mind it if Flynn was the starting QB, if the coaches thought he was the better QB. Its just that thus far, Wilson has shown he is the better QB.

The coaches did make him the starter. He was named the starter for the first 2 games and really didn't do anything to lose it. Flynn was exceptional in that 2nd game if not for being forced to throw to Owens, a guy that's not even on the team anymore.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

The coaches did make him the starter. He was named the starter for the first 2 games and really didn't do anything to lose it. Flynn was exceptional in that 2nd game if not for being forced to throw to Owens, a guy that's not even on the team anymore.

Pete never named him game day starter he has kept saying it's a competition.

I agree that Flynn has done nothing to really hurt himself just that Wilson really out shined him against the Chiefs.
LftCoastPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You have to to take Flynn's game two numbers and throw them out the window. He was told to target Owens multiple times who was just cut. In a game that actually means something, do you actually think Flynn or Wilson for that matter would continue to target a guy that was constantally making him/them look bad? The answer is a big fat NO!

The coaches know this and wil weigh/grade Flynn's performance in that game accordingly; whether it's enough to overtake Wilson remains to be seen.

I still think the $$ factor and reading defenses are in Flynn's favor over Wilson. Flynn was taking what the defense was giving him in the first game and then was following orders in the 2nd. What will Flynn look like when the shackles are finally taken off and he doesn't have a vanilla game plan to work with. Wilson has benefited from tearing up 2nd and 3rd stringers in the first two and looked very good in game 3 which has the most "Gameplanning" of all the preseason games.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LftCoastPackFan wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You have to to take Flynn's game two numbers and throw them out the window. He was told to target Owens multiple times who was just cut. In a game that actually means something, do you actually think Flynn or Wilson for that matter would continue to target a guy that was constantally making him/them look bad? The answer is a big fat NO!

The coaches know this and wil weigh/grade Flynn's performance in that game accordingly; whether it's enough to overtake Wilson remains to be seen.

I still think the $$ factor and reading defenses are in Flynn's favor over Wilson. Flynn was taking what the defense was giving him in the first game and then was following orders in the 2nd. What will Flynn look like when the shackles are finally taken off and he doesn't have a vanilla game plan to work with. Wilson has benefited from tearing up 2nd and 3rd stringers in the first two and looked very good in game 3 which has the most "Gameplanning" of all the preseason games.

Do you know for a fact that he was told to mainly target Owens? I saw him making reads so no i do not throw the game out the window.
LftCoastPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
LftCoastPackFan wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Do you know for a fact that he was told to mainly target Owens? I saw him making reads so no i do not throw the game out the window.
If I'm not mistaken he said as much on the radio.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

That because Flynn played not to lose, while Russ played to win...and that's we are where we are

Are you seriously insinuating that we(or just me) are choosing stats as the end all be all in this? Laughing This isnt an argument where you can simply use X vs Y. This is a complete decision. SoS, You know as well as we all do that this about much more than just a preseason performance. You can excuse Flynn as much you like, but you know already know the truth. You already know who the starter is....you just haven come to terms with it yet

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I doubt Caroll is going to tell Flynn to force feed the ball to T.O i am sure he was heavily featured just like when Wilson was playing on Friday T.O was in the game a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: