Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Positives
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Positives Reply with quote

So with all the negative going on right now. I think we need a positive thread.

So I didn't get to watch the game (stupid job) but I got to listen to it.

So Charles is back. We can shut up the nahsayers up. Well actually the acl crew looks healthy.

Cassel looked light outs in the first half.

McCluster looks like his preseason success translated into the reg season.

Bowe is our only WR (besides Dex) that we can count on.

DJ's stats looks good (cant say much didn't watch the game)

So, share what you say that was good and not negative.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Run Defense
Arrow Charles is Charles. If it wasn't for those big losses he took (because of Lilja) his YPC would be about 7
Arrow Cassel's ball placement
Arrow Daboll

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Daboll, I was pleased with his play calling. Thank good Haley/Muir are out of here.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned it in the game thread, and will again here - I was very impressed with how Dontari Poe held up playing nose tackle for Toribio. We consistently shut down the running game and Poe should get alot credit.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I mentioned it in the game thread, and will again here - I was very impressed with how Dontari Poe held up playing nose tackle for Toribio. We consistently shut down the running game and Poe should get alot credit.

He only made one splash play, but whenever I thought to look he was taking double teams and wasn't losing ground.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Piquel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rearviewmirror"]
nicfre2011 wrote:

He only made one splash play, but whenever I thought to look he was taking double teams and wasn't losing ground.[/quote

Same thing I was going to say.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. anytime the run defense is good the D LINE gets the bulk of the credit, and more specifically the nose tackle in a 3-4. So I credit Poe for the run defense. The few times that they got good gains, I noticed that it was Powe in the game instead of Poe. I would start Poe for the rest of the season and use Torribio as the guy to give Poe a breather. Getting Flowers and Hali back will be huge for this defense. in a passing league it is tough to stop anyone when you are missing your # 1 pass rusher AND your # 1 corner. Those are by far the 2 most important positions on defense.
LARRYJOHNSONFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was everyone's thoughts on Eric Berry? He broke up that pass at the beginning but that's all I really noticed as a big play. Any thoughts or expectations?
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARRYJOHNSONFAN wrote:
What was everyone's thoughts on Eric Berry? He broke up that pass at the beginning but that's all I really noticed as a big play. Any thoughts or expectations?

It's hard to stick out when multiple receivers are open. Not his best game, but really it would have been tough to play well while playing the same side as Reeves most of the day.

Also where was Elam, I did not notice him at all. Too much D. Wash, Daniels and Reeves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
LARRYJOHNSONFAN wrote:

It's hard to stick out when multiple receivers are open. Not his best game, but really it would have been tough to play well while playing the same side as Reeves most of the day.

Also where was Elam, I did not notice him at all. Too much D. Wash, Daniels and Reeves.

Personally, I think Eric Berry would be much better served by playing a "centerfield" coverage role. If we have cornerbacks that have a hard time staying within 5 yards of their coverage assignment, we need to have two safeties that have plus range and can cover alot of ground in pass defense. That is what confused me as well, I saw play after play where the pass went to Routt or Reeves direction and especially with Routt, he seemed to always be off of the receiver. I would love to have the luxury of playing Berry close to the line of scrimmage, but I just don't think with our defensive personnel, that we have that luxury - even with Flowers healthy and starting.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big time positive from yesterday: 11/16 on 3rd down. We were HORRID on 3rd down under Haley for 3 years. 11/16. That's EXCELLENT.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
LARRYJOHNSONFAN wrote:

Every time you thought you saw Washington, you were seeing Elam! He is #27 now.

My two positives from the game (and that's really it cause there was just too much negative) are Tyson Jackson and the rest of the DL looking good (which will be helpful when Hali returns to take advantage of it on the passing downs) and the offense executing in the first half.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My positives are that every regular rotation player looked good or average except:

Routt-which was somewhat expected, but it wasn't awful.
Cassel-but only when we started getting behind in the 2nd half, but that is also expected.
Lilja-the good news is we have Allen ready to take over if his problems become consistent.
Baldwin-he didn't really play, not really a negative...it shows how good our depth is, but i'd really like an explanation.

and that we had more guys (regular players) to be impressed with than discouraged about:

Poe
the DLine
Cassel's play in normal situations
Charles is back
Boss
DMX
Breaston
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassel's first half - I think the best half we've seen out of him. Good zip and location. The Boss TD was absolutely the best pass he's ever thrown.

Poe - Wasn't dominant, but did his job better than anyone we had last year

JC - Man he's quick, anyone else see him level Moeaki on the one play? Mo certainly deserves the credit for the tackle. Gotta make sure JC's I want to hit people this year attitude is focused on the D...lol.

I loved Daboll's play calling and switching things up, with the exception of the flea-flicker. God I hate that play, seriously it works like 1 out of every 10 times.

Boss/Moeaki - Not Gronk and Hernandez by any means, but they both looked solid.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARRYJOHNSONFAN wrote:

I think Atlanta avoided him. Aside from a few blitzes he went on early, I don't remember the ball every coming close to him.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: