Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cuts around the League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Some other players of note :

Courtney Greene, Safety, Jacksonville Jaguars (25)
Jerry Franklin, ILB, Denver Broncos (24)
B.J. Coleman, QB, Green Bay Packers (23)
Troy Nolan, S, Houston Texans (25)

I also really like Coleman as a developmental quarterback. I think the Packers will look to sign him to their PS.

ERMAGERD! JURRA FRENKLERN!!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs, you are probably tending your new still in TN, but what is your take on former Aggie Stephen McGee? He was cut by the Cowboys.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneers released DE Wallacd Gilberry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profootballtalk.com reports safety Troy Nolan has been claimed by the Dolphins.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Bigs, you are probably tending your new still in TN, but what is your take on former Aggie Stephen McGee? He was cut by the Cowboys.

A more talented Tyler Thigpen. Good runner, and reasonably accurate on short throws, but lacks the accuracy to go deep, even if he has the arm strength. Also has questionable decision making, and didn't seem to really improve in this area in the NFL, at least not much.

I'd be fine with giving him a shot, but he's probably not a very good fit for our offense.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

A more talented Tyler Thigpen. Good runner, and reasonably accurate on short throws, but lacks the accuracy to go deep, even if he has the arm strength. Also has questionable decision making, and didn't seem to really improve in this area in the NFL, at least not much.

I'd be fine with giving him a shot, but he's probably not a very good fit for our offense.

Mike Kafka, Brian Hoyer? I would think we could find an upgrade for Quinn. I like the Crennel/Kafka connection (East West Shrine game).

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Mike Kafka, Brian Hoyer? I would think we could find an upgrade for Quinn. I like the Crennel/Kafka connection (East West Shrine game).

We're supposedly interested in Kafka - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/1/3285321/mike-kafka-kansas-city-chiefs-free-agents who has cleared waivers now, along with Hoyer.

I imagine it would come down to whether Quinn is healthy or not. If he isn't, then I could see us making a move. I'd probably prefer Hoyer due to familiarity with the basic system, which would be important given the likelihood that at some point this season, he's going to see time. Kafka may have a higher upside, but if we're looking for a #2, then Hoyer would be the way to go IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

We're supposedly interested in Kafka - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/1/3285321/mike-kafka-kansas-city-chiefs-free-agents who has cleared waivers now, along with Hoyer.

I imagine it would come down to whether Quinn is healthy or not. If he isn't, then I could see us making a move. I'd probably prefer Hoyer due to familiarity with the basic system, which would be important given the likelihood that at some point this season, he's going to see time. Kafka may have a higher upside, but if we're looking for a #2, then Hoyer would be the way to go IMO.

Personally, I would take either over Quinn at this point in time and IMO both have a higher upside than Quinn. I would be ok with either and I think Kafka would be able to handle our offense should Cassel go down. Plus, I like what Kafka brings as far as being able to extend the play. I want to do some more research on Hoyer, but I really like Kafka's grittiness.

Edit : I would hope that if we brought either Hoyer or Kafka on board that it would be to replace Quinn and we would keep Stanzi for atleast another year as the developmental #3.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots are looking at Mike Kafka :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/patriots-work-out-free-agent-mike-kafka/

I really can't fault ole Bill - he is always looking for ways to improve the team. Heck, he is even reportedly interested in Kellen Winslow. I swear he leaves no rock unturned!

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrard cut by the Phins. I have no idea if he's healthy, but I know nic would like us to at least sniff. And of course since he would like it, we will obviously not even pick up the phone. Wink

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Garrard cut by the Phins. I have no idea if he's healthy, but I know nic would like us to at least sniff. And of course since he would like it, we will obviously not even pick up the phone. Wink

You are finally coming around to my wisdom. Welcome to the dark side. LOL

Actually, I don't think Garrard is fully healed yet after surgery. I would be ok with Kafka personally as long as his hand is able to take snaps under center. Heck, I would even kick Hoyer's tires. But then again, what do I know, I wouldn't have 12 RBs on the 53.

Wink

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kafka is terribad. I'd rather keep Quinn and that is saying something from a guy who has always hated Quinn

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chiefs have been sifting through the pile of released players around the league and had at least four of them in for workouts. They were:

LB Bobby Carpenter 6-2, 249 pounds, 7-year veteran from Ohio State who was released by New England.
CB Chris Carr 5-10, 181 pounds, 8-year veteran from Boise State who was released by Minnesota.
CB Dominique Franks 6-0, 197 pounds, 3-year veteran from Oklahoma who was released by Atlanta.
LB Bryan Kehl 6-2, 244 pounds, 5-year veteran from Brigham Young who was released by Washington.

According to Gretz
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Kafka is terribad. I'd rather keep Quinn and that is saying something from a guy who has always hated Quinn

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on Quinn. He just doesn't have the moxie or pocket presence.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
The Chiefs have been sifting through the pile of released players around the league and had at least four of them in for workouts. They were:

LB Bobby Carpenter 6-2, 249 pounds, 7-year veteran from Ohio State who was released by New England.
CB Chris Carr 5-10, 181 pounds, 8-year veteran from Boise State who was released by Minnesota.
CB Dominique Franks 6-0, 197 pounds, 3-year veteran from Oklahoma who was released by Atlanta.
LB Bryan Kehl 6-2, 244 pounds, 5-year veteran from Brigham Young who was released by Washington.

According to Gretz

Bill Parcells must be calling Pioli about his boy Carpenter. LOL
Not really interested in Carpenter. Chris Carr is a player I was interested in when he was a free agent - solid returner, which is a plus but not really a priority considering the options we currently have. And I think Franks could be a solid signing.
Kehl, again, not so excited about.

Would we dump Sheffield for either Carpenter or Kehl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: